The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What is, a Global Citizen?

What is, a Global Citizen?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. 13
  15. All
Runner,
Some plant, others water, and others harvest. I Have no idea what stage the young man is at but I know that if you disturb seeds and tender young plants they often do not produce a harvest. Gently goes it.
The Holy Spirit is much better at conviction of sin than we are, as often we go in boots and all. The letter killeth but the Spirit gives life. God Bless
Richie 10
Posted by Richie 10, Thursday, 26 August 2010 6:12:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@Mindless and Hazza

the UN is indeed quite impotent when it comes to military conflict resolution.

The UN has a far more sinister agenda. It's called Agenda 21.

But more so, do you blokes realize that they intend for the binding declarations/conventions to become part of our constitutions ?

That is evil and sinister in the first order, specially when you consider that it would make being 'big' in the UN, 'big' in global control. Something like when Constantine legalized Christianity..big in the Church mean't big in society. (the rot set in at that point)
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Friday, 27 August 2010 5:51:40 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Very true Mindless Cruelty; I was being rather tongue-in-cheek about 'fixing'. And the interveners in the Balkans I was referring to was the NATO members who invaded Serbia.

The fact that the UN can't do anything about it- I'm still weighing up if that's for the worse or better actually.
Admittedly it would be better than individual nations with a more politically-sectarian agenda or allegiance in mind, but against broader stability it might be better (especially in this age) for countries to take a more neutral stance (judging by the less than ideal amount of casualties in recent interventions)- and the backlash from terrorism.
Posted by King Hazza, Friday, 27 August 2010 9:17:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@AlGoreIsRich...I wasn't aware of "agenda 21", so I Googled it. Interesting. That would depend on your views of the "global warming" issues. If you believe in GW, then it is reasonable to make these considerations and deliberations, though as in any bureaucratic organisation, we mmgiht note the many aspects that can be manipulated and misused.

If you don't believe in GW, then of course it presents as being rather insidious.

For me personally, I believe the planet has a cycle of its own that we are yet to understand, but in saying that, I believe that human impact must have some consequences that could aid and abet the planet's own process. The school is still out as to the proportions of each. It's just good sense for me to clean-up our act, just from a pollutants perspective, regardless of larger cycles of the planet.

My problem with it all, is that it is and will be politicized for other ends and business influences, making the issue more confusing than it already is. And in that sense, it creates another bureaucracy and set of issues to be manipulated and for public monies to be led astray. My problem is that I don't trust the politicians...they will push information that their oligarch masters desire, not what is in the collective interests.

We live in an impossible situation...business seeks to monopolize both markets and resources, just for the shear good business sense of it, no conspiratorial implications, but for the economies of scale that are achieved. The government is supposed to represent the collective which is both the masses AND business. While the masses ostensibly desire an equitable distribution of resources. Business and the masses are in direct conflict, with the government in the middle positioned and paid for by the masses, but given access to power by business. Or as we've just seen in the past months with the usurping of Rudd and a hung parliament, business has the resources to put government in and out of office just by some advertising ...Australia "losing" from a mining tax, funded by mining.
Posted by MindlessCruelty, Friday, 27 August 2010 9:55:22 AM
Richie10

Point taken however no one wins when you fail to call sin sin. That is how we have ended up with liberals in the pulpit who know nothing of the righteousness of God. A person can't be saved if he does not know he is a lawbreaker.
Posted by runner, Friday, 27 August 2010 4:19:27 PM
I seen a global citizen today. There was this great big fat female driving a very small car. I don't fancy her chances of gettin out of the car in any sort of a rush.
Posted by 579, Friday, 27 August 2010 4:46:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11