The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > P C its impact

P C its impact

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
In another thread I said some subjects are taboo.
While I was able to continue the subject it soon became twisted.
My genuine concerns about some gravel, in my view in the pudding mix we know as Multi culturism was worth a thought saw me, well lets us see.
I want to inform those who do not know the left is a very big church, more often than not separate from one another.
I am proud to be both left of center and totally against the very lost true left.
PC is a tool of that part the Minority part of the left.
On the web they infer they have the numbers, they are right,,,, but only to fill one phone box.
Can we talk about the few, who from within a religion may be more trouble than they are worth?
A minority within a minority?
Do we need to forever let religion rule us any religion.
IF the thread get a run it is my intention it look at Muslim migration , that it does not explore the idea that it is a whole people that concerns me but that minority.
PC stifles debate takes our right to true free speech away worse tells us majority's rights do not matter.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 16 July 2010 5:34:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm not really sure what your point is, but if we're going to keep throwing religion into the pool of debate as a negative how about we open a thread on Marxism - Leninism's Atheist ideology and its current and historical role, eh?.
Posted by StG, Friday, 16 July 2010 10:02:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, assuming the thread were not to be distracted, what policy proposal were you wanting to discuss? Do you mean restricting the immigration of Muslims?
Posted by Peter Hume, Friday, 16 July 2010 10:43:42 AM
'Do we need to forever let religion rule us any religion.'

From my simple observation it is usually greed, lust,pride and selfishness that rules people. It seems you are concerned that religion might change these things.
Posted by runner, Friday, 16 July 2010 11:18:51 AM
Belly old mate....Poets today have a beer.

It seems to me that your problem is where does one draw the line between fall out of ones tree irrational, insulting, harmful, bollocks and a real issue worthy of discussion.

No real topic is unspeakable the issue is how one goes about it and where or with whom.
To me the answer is clear, at least publicly :- When the subject/argument can't or ceases to be substantiated by facts, proportion and or treats someone unfairly.
In many, not all situations Claims of being shut down by PC are
- exagerated
- topic was wrong place, time or/and to wrong people.

I find many topics are proxies for real subjects.
i.e. if one were to take the "Muslim (non issue)" the protagonists are really expressing fear (via a irrational prejudice) of some kind. In which case it is the fear needs to be addressed.
- fear of the unknown,don't understand
- change,
- something different,
- missing out on something,
- loss of status et al. i.e. Christianity might lose its dominance, culture may change from Euro-centric to ?

Muslims as an entity are no more likely to kill Aussies than Alcohol/ignorance fueled nongs.
Fact more people are killed maimed by the former than the latter.
More people have died in the name of Christianity than almost any other source barring disease.

Let's look at what can happen when PC is ignored say in the paper
How would you feel about 5 boys going to a granny's house for afternoon tea ...demanded money...refused.. then killed the woman with a fire extinguisher. And the media singled out one boy as being 3/4th generation Anglo Saxon parentage who owned a restaurant?
Part 1
Posted by examinator, Friday, 16 July 2010 1:29:27 PM
Part 2

Yet in reality the media mentioned that *one* of the boys was of middle eastern background whose parents owned a restaurant. What the paper wrote was true but what they didn't report was: He wasn't involved in the murder he was hanging with his mates.

Of the three who did the murder one was a grand son of the victim. 4 out of the 5 had criminal records (two were on bail for a bungled servo heist). Which lad didn't have a record?...Now guess which family had to sell their business it 's clientele crashed ?

There was an up surge in local racist tensions, the ethnic boy's little brother was bashed in the school yard

PS I know/knew 2 of the Anglo boys and the girlfriend of one. She broke it off yet he started to harass her at work to whereby the shop owner started driving her home.
He was …..moved to the other side of town until the trial. He's now in jail.
The innocent boy, brother and family ? ….they were forced to move interstate.

My point one needs to be very careful as to what unsubstantiated, emotional out of proportion views one airs in public because it can and does encourage the less discerning in their half baked bigotry.

This story was fed back to me on another site as proof of why Muslims are a risk.
Side note: the family were in fact Maronite Christians.
Posted by examinator, Friday, 16 July 2010 1:45:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy