The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > P C its impact

P C its impact

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Belly

Could be the young woman was so accustomed to being treated rudely for wearing a hijab (I presume, burkas cover everything)) that she did not expect anyone to be friendly and was expecting some bad behaviour. Sad indictment on us.
Posted by Severin, Saturday, 17 July 2010 7:14:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Myyyyy GOODness EXAMMY... you really know how to peddle tripe and prejudice mate.

You made TWO fatal errors in your last posts.

1/ i.e. if one were to take the "Muslim (non issue)" the protagonists are really expressing fear (via a irrational prejudice) of some kind. In which case it is the fear needs to be addressed.

2/ More people have died in the name of Christianity than almost any other source barring disease.

Now.. let's get on with your therapy without further ado.

On 1/, the problem is not the 'irrational phobia' of those who see the 'ISLAMic issue' as a serious one, it is rather IGnorance of those who see rational justifiable scrutiny as a phobia. (like u it seems)
That ignorance is exacerbated by a secular world view usually.

If the advocate of that argument has no faith, so they simply cannot understand HOW people of faith understand their own holy books.
If you don't understand Islam or it's holy books, please stop making yourself look a total dill by making uninformed sloganesque pronouncements on them.

on 2/... oh my... apart from being patently untrue.. it could even be seen as religious vilification here in the fair state of Victoria.
The combined total of victims of Atheists.. Stalin and Mao make anything else look like a drop in an ocean of death.

So, please get OFF your high horse of 'unthoughtout, unsupported' vacuuous myopic statements and come back to reality and rationality.

Anyone can throw mud...but it takes an argument with merit for it to stick.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Saturday, 17 July 2010 2:11:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh dear me! Poor old Boaz/polycarp/agir just loves to show his lack of Christianity, and how he lives in a self induced fantasy world. Apparently, if someone points out to him that religious fundamentalists have murdered, then poor old Boaz IMMEDIATELY points out that "athiests" have murdered more. He TOTALLY glosses out the **FACT** that fundamentalists, under the name of Christianity, have been historically responsible for devastating invasions, murders, rapes, tortures etc etc etc. His reply to examinator resorts to personal abuse and invective, in an immature display that has nothing in common with Christianity.

As shown by his often inhumane attitudes here, Boaz/polycarp/agir is as "Christian" as the Pope is a Muslim. Boaz has very little in common with Jesus Christ.
Posted by benq, Saturday, 17 July 2010 4:07:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly asks " So I must open my mind? not say what I think not question".

**NO** Belly, no no no.

Because I ask you to "open your mind" does NOT mean you "must" open your mind. You are perfectly entitled to have attitudes that I see as uninformed bigotry.

You have the absolute right to "say what you think", even when I consider what you say to be uninformed bigotry.

You have the absolute right to question ....... to question anything whatsoever.

On the question regarding your attitudes to Muslims, you show by your statements that you have scant understanding of Islam. It's clear you believe the "uninformed" PC rhetoric followed to the letter by many people in Western societies, that Muslims are out to "get you". You fail to understand the difference between fundamentalism and Islam. Just as many people fail to understand the difference between fundamentalism and Christianity when discussing atrocities committed by fundamentalists throughout history in the name of Christianity.

Belly, fundamentalism is your enemy, NOT Muslims.

Anti religious bigotry is a horrid thing, and many people throughout history have suffered terribly as a result. Everybody has a right to either worship, or not worship, as they choose.

And please Boaz/polycarp/agir don't hit me with Koran quotes showing that Islam is horrible and mean. As everyone knows, for every ancient horrible Koran quote, there's an ancient horrible "Bible" quote. So give us a break and lay off the PC crap buddy!
Posted by benq, Saturday, 17 July 2010 4:29:42 PM
Taboo remember? look at the focus on saying to me I am wrong to think as I do.
I understand most Muslims are no threat.
But those who complain about my thread are the same folk who talk of free speech.
The same folk who cry shame about the Crunulla riot but say nothing about the months maybe years of taunting life Gard's and Australians on that beach.
No way, middle class self righteous folk who see another reality than me will silence me.
For those from almost every migrant group multi culturism here means two culture theirs and ours.
I fear another culture growing within ours and making demands on us to change.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 17 July 2010 6:20:50 PM
It is a thread I started yet I am at a loss to say just what I think.
Let me use my job as a way of illustration.
I will put two or three different construction lunch rooms together to tell this story.
They are skilled and non skilled construction sheds.
457 visa people from South Africa, a married couple from NZ while both boiler makers.
Pacific Islanders Christian Lebanese Greeks and from every European country.
I am a blokes bloke what you see is what you get.
I am often stunned all these folk offering not being prompted information on how much they like Australia, and warning me we are ruining it!
Not one of those people come to work dressed in their national dress, none ask me to honor their way of life all of them are no more a threat than any human.
One day the streets of some place in my country will see blood run down the footpaths.
Almost certainly those who do this will be Australian born.
Who have at home been told over and again how lucky they are to be here, yet it is certain it will happen.
Some see migration in terms of 100 years in the future,,,,, breed hate out that silly stuff but only with no Gods can we truly live together.
Do not like Boazy say my God is ok beggar the rest the belief in God separates us, in some if mankind is not one we are nothing.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 18 July 2010 6:38:20 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy