The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Labor breaks another promise when it is convenient.

Labor breaks another promise when it is convenient.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
CJ I don't think we will get anything more than just hints. It is like creating smoke without any fire, just putting out the idea of conspiracy rather than actually providing evidence.

Yabby
I am not arguing that mining companies conduct business at a loss. We are talking about a tax on profits not on turnover. Investment money is safe. Some smaller mining companies will actually pay less. Mr Abbott has also proposed a higher corporate tax to fund a very generous paternal leave scheme.

I don't believe that every mining opportunity or discovery in Australia should be exploited for a buck otherwise we would end up with no arable farming land whatsover, irrepairable landscapes and a damaged water table as is being risked on the Liverpool Plains.

We do need some mining but we should not sell the primary materials for a pittance. That is my position. Having a go at public servants in Canberra is a misdirection.
Posted by pelican, Sunday, 30 May 2010 4:18:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

Good to see you admit that Rudd lied. (Rudd was not the first). Swan's defense now is that they won't spend quite as much as the coalition as they only spent $200m of tax payers' money in the first 2 years.

When Joe Blogs on the street is found to have been with a prostitute, he is maybe given a moral finger wagging, when some one like Jimmy Swaggart, (the internationally famous fire and brimstone baptist preacher) is caught it destroys his career simply because nobody believes a hypocrite and liar.

Rudd now has his pants around his ankles. I wonder what he will promise next and who would be deluded enough to believe him.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 30 May 2010 5:15:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly ..sorry if the caps suggested shouting... bad me. I was just trying to highlight.. my mistake.

Pelly,- hints are all we need at this point. The big picture is quite hard to get one's head around.. specially without diagrams...but trust me..it is coming.

It is not a 'conspiracy' theory it is a network of ideological fact.
It applies differently to both sides of politics, but the side I am focusing on at this state is the ALP/Democrat/Greens/Soros/Strong/Gore connection.

I am simply going to establish that in politics, you never get what the parties promise.. I am going to rip the lid of some of those networks, and lay them bare and naked for all to see.

There are 2 levels to this.

Level 1 *make money/gain power*
Level 2 *Use that power to promote an ideological position*

The 2nd is far more dangerous than the first.
They both feed off each other.

Anyone stupid enough to vote for either major party deserves all the dissappointment they get..and the Greens are worse than the big network....as they are more ideologically driven, but will happily use the funds provided by the uber capitalists like Bob Brown letting Trickie Dickie pay his court costs in his lawsuit of Tasmania Forest products.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Sunday, 30 May 2010 5:18:37 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Boazy all noted join arjay in the corner.
Shadow Minister well you fit the bill.
Could be any one of Abbott's team, but are lies and innuendo going to be enough?
No sorry not even close Rudd's second term is assured two to pick from and the conservative rocking horse is unlikely to pass Rudd's old Grey mare.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 31 May 2010 4:20:19 AM
In the corner ? u mean...timeout ? :)

awwwww *pout*

Seriously Belly.. you don't REALLY have 'faith' in any party (or party identity) do you ?

I don't and won't. Not even FF
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Tuesday, 1 June 2010 5:20:36 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<< Greens' popularity soars to record high

Support for the Australian Greens has surged to a record high as voters turn away from the major parties.

The latest Newspoll shows the Greens have jumped six points in six weeks to score 16 per cent support. >>

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/05/31/2914530.htm

Be afraid, Boazy. Be very afraid :)
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 1 June 2010 9:15:11 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy