The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Mohammed, Muhammad, Mohammad, Muhammed

Mohammed, Muhammad, Mohammad, Muhammed

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. All
I've just seen the news on BBC. An Ahmadiyya Mosque in Pakistan has just been attacked with guns and grenades.
Posted by DreamOn, Friday, 28 May 2010 10:12:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
DreamOn,
Must have been some of those right-wing, fundamentalist, evangelical Christians.
Posted by Proxy, Friday, 28 May 2010 10:59:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dreamy

don't you find it interesting that an Ahmaddiya mosque was violently attacked by Sunni Muslims.

Ahmadiyya have renounced violent Jihad
Sunni's obviously ...have not :) (ask any Ahmadi)

Isn't it ironic that in Indonesia a sect which says "Love for all,Hatred for none" is attacked and restricted in 'open' Indonesia ?

I witnessed a TV debate between Sunni' Muslims and Ahmadi's on INDO TV and I assure you. everything I have ever said about Islam was epitomized in the cold brutal faces of the Sunni's where were demanding they be banned.

cheers
Salam Hormat :
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Saturday, 29 May 2010 8:18:10 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Proxy>>“Many traditional Islamic theologians and Qur'an commentators argue that violent material, such as sura 9, abrogates more relatively tolerant material such as sura 109.<<

Christians and Jews interpret the sixth commandment as "you shall not murder". Whereas the Koran interprets it as "you shall not murder unjustly". A big difference, takes the decision away from god and delivers it to man.
Posted by sonofgloin, Saturday, 29 May 2010 12:44:50 PM
sonofgloin,
<< A big difference, takes the decision away from god and delivers it to man.>>
Yes, and combined with Koranic injunctions to kill the infidels...

* Infidels are your sworn enemies (Sura 4:101).
* Be ruthless to the infidels (Sura 48:29).
* Make war on the infidels who dwell around you (Sura 9:123, 66:9).
* Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day (Sura 9:29).
* Strike off the heads of infidels in battle (Sura 47:4).
* If someone stops believing in Allah, kill him (al-Bukhari 9:84:57).
* Take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends (Sura 5:51, 60:13).
* Never be a helper to the disbelievers (Sura 28:86).
* Kill the disbelievers wherever we find them (Sura 2:191).
* No Muslim should be killed for killing an infidel (al-Bukhari 1:3:111).
* The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land (Sura 5:33)

...it provides ample justification for killing non-Muslims, wouldn't you say?
Posted by Proxy, Saturday, 29 May 2010 2:22:33 PM
Posted by sonofgloin, Saturday, 29 May 2010 12:44:50 PM
" ... Christians and Jews interpret the sixth commandment as "you shall not murder". Whereas the Koran interprets it as "you shall not murder unjustly". A big difference, takes the decision away from god and delivers it to man. ... "

Gimli was a Son of Gloin, and I remember him in the Mines of Moria on top of the tomb of Balin.

;-)

As for the above, a documentary I saw on *HISTORY CHANNEL* (that has some excellent stuff on it,) alleges that *Moses* was a complete and utter butcher as well. Not just men and boys but women and girls too, as the Yahudis made their way into that part of the world currently contested by them and the Palestinians.

*BoazY*

Interesting indeed and I tend to agree with you about the situation in Indonesia re Ahmadiyya. Islam as practiced in some parts certainly is wielded as an instrument of political oppression and repression.

It is hardly surprising to me that they have had a civil war, and I do wonder what Indonesia would be like if the so called communists had prevailed over the muslims and others.
Posted by DreamOn, Saturday, 29 May 2010 4:30:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. All