The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Kevin Rudd a considered opinion

Kevin Rudd a considered opinion

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
During Rudd’s first year, with a wishy washy leader of the Liberals, or two, I was all for him. However he lost me, when he thought the minuscule Australian tail, could wag the International dog. He and the Greens think that being a big frog in a small puddle, can transform into being a world leader, and make a skerrick of difference.

He has had nearly three years to make a permanent difference, and has failed dismally. The Parliament of the Commonwealth is still an exclusive drinking club. The State of New South Wales is still a thieves den, of gigantic proportions, closely followed by Victoria and Queensland.

The weak uncertain Federal Leadership of the Labor Party, appears unable to become a National Government. The High Court and Federal Court of Australia are still private clubs in which only lawyers may play. Rudd still does not know what the Australian Constitution really means. Perhaps if it was written in Chinese he would be better equipped to know its contents. It may as well be written in Chinese as far as the Commonwealth public servants are concerned.

If Howard had an unforgivable sin, it was tolerating the fractionalization of Australia into nine Quasi National identities. He did nothing to unite us, and everything to break us into mini Nations.

When a man is on a downslide, and slipping it is hard to turn him around. He is just slip sliding away. No amount of wishful thinking will change him from a loser to a second term winner
Posted by Peter the Believer, Saturday, 15 May 2010 8:32:31 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, I find it funny that you complained of some here calling K Rudd Krudd.

Now we see you calling Abbott Rabbott. This does not have a natural lead as does K Rudd. Interesting.

Cornflower, you have just given me the best reason to vote Liberal I've heard recently.

The fact that the party rolled Abbott on one of his ideas is a really good thing, for that party, in my view.

The fact that Labor has let Ruddy do so many damn silly things, & do them badly, time after time, is the main strike against them. When you get a fool as leader, you must control him, even if, for other reasons, you don't get rid of him. Our Labor party seems unable to do this.

If the members of his government, & militery had not sat on him, from time to time Churchill would have lost the UK the WW11, long before the yanks came it. Ruddy remindes me of him.

Erratic, overoverconfident & pig headed, with a totally unjustified belief in their mental capacity. What a recipe for disaster, if they will not listen to constructive criticism, & there you have our man.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 15 May 2010 11:56:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes the ALP leadership rumblings have already started but mainly in the media not openly within the party. If Julia does get a guernsey it will be interesting to see how her leadership style will improve relations with the APS and on matters of implementation.
Posted by pelican, Saturday, 15 May 2010 12:04:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No talk none of removing Rudd is coming from the party.
And talk of Gillard, EVER leading the ALP is media fantasy not ever from within the party.
Hasbeen nice to know my descriptive and deliberate copying of your disrespect for Rudd is getting to you, my regards and thanks.
Now consider this, if rabbott had not over thrown his partys policy's,remember Howard had similar ones, we could have an ETS now.
Had he been in control we would not have supported the Banks business and family's we would have suffered much more in the recession.
Rabbott who once supported Federal intervention in health would, if you believe him, not have taken action to at least try to fix it.
We would have paid leave for high income mothers, and not least much of the failures rabbott seeks of is from senate in action on Rudd's plans.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 15 May 2010 5:13:17 PM
Typical lefty attitude Belly, double standards prefered. Like to dish it out, not take it.

That Rabbott must have your union bunny mates worried. They are all ready funding the scare campaign, spending some of the election war chest.

Personally I don't see all that much in him, but the average Ozie seems to like him, going by the polls. I must admit it is refreshing to have a real bloke, with all his faults, rather than a fabrication like Rudd.

Ruddy really excelled himself at Jessica's reception. His speach was so dripping in slime, I had to change channels, before I threw up.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 15 May 2010 10:29:43 PM
Hasbeen here is why we are different and gee it makes me happy we are.
Lefty? you do not understand do you, my workmates rang on the day that union office burnt.
A joke but knowing me they asked was it me?
I see middle ground, well just left of center as home.
Right winger like you and loony left are my enemy's.
RUDD? great job young lady proud of you never watched because fakes annoy me.
thousands lining the banks said you should not go ,that your parents should be imprisoned now?
Sorry forever admire you but watched something else turned radio of too.
So Kev got sweet did he?
He will grow out of it like Howard and cricket, hey come to think of it EVERY PM did it.
Kev , those who hold that office go to the opening of a match box, lets see it being hospitals bloke.
In NSW a heedless and headless chook runs the other side.
Nice likable American lady runs the government, rest of her cabinet lives under lock and key.
Can't let the people know its still a fly in festered government.
point is victory in both federal and state has been declared Rudd and who is he are over the line.
On election night hasbeen you will be joined by about a hundred who want me to fall on my face, see RABBOTT win.
I will be here gloating.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 16 May 2010 8:19:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All