The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Goldman Sachs fraud as explained by Jon Stewart

The Goldman Sachs fraud as explained by Jon Stewart

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/20/jon-stewart-takes-on-gold_n_544102.html

I can thing of nothing that explains it all better
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Thursday, 22 April 2010 8:12:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Steven,
worth it's weight in albino palm Cockatoo poo....the plan that is.
Although the delivery was hilarious the subject matter was a little terrifying particularly the actual criminal part.
Would you ever believe G&S again? (I mean Goldman & Sachs not Gilbert and Sullivan...mind you the plot of the farce could be used by either)
As for the $5b extra bonuses..... the mattress is looking good.(almost)

Cheers
examinator
Posted by examinator, Thursday, 22 April 2010 4:18:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
examinator

I haven't believed anything bankers say since 1977. That's when I went to work in the financial services sector.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Thursday, 22 April 2010 6:50:47 PM
Jon Stewart is a hoot.Why do think that Ron Paul wants to end the US Federal Reserve? How do banks make record profits on a shrinking economy? Easy,they rob the public by printing more money thus depreciating their currency.They are all crooks.

In 2001 just before 911,Donald Rumsfeld announced that $2.3 trillion had gone missing from the defence budget.How do you lose $ 2.3 trillion? I see no reports that this money has been found.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 23 April 2010 7:30:56 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for a few minutes of entertainment, Steven. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Posted by rstuart, Friday, 23 April 2010 9:58:54 AM
Not still on that old furphy, Arjay?

>>In 2001 just before 911,Donald Rumsfeld announced that $2.3 trillion had gone missing from the defence budget.How do you lose $ 2.3 trillion? I see no reports that this money has been found.<<

There are only a few errors here, but it is worth going through them all.

"In 2001 just before 911,Donald Rumsfeld announced that $2.3 trillion had gone missing from the defence budget"

No, he didn't.

Here's the speech in question.

http://www.defense.gov/speeches/speech.aspx?speechid=430

He was discussing the many shortcomings of their IT systems. Here are the exact words he used.

"We are, as they say, tangled in our anchor chain. Our financial systems are decades old. According to some estimates, we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions. We cannot share information from floor to floor in this building because it's stored on dozens of technological systems that are inaccessible or incompatible."

Anyone who knows anything about ERP systems will know that this does not mean that a single dollar has "gone missing".

>>How do you lose $ 2.3 trillion?<<

It was never "lost" in the first place.

>>I see no reports that this money has been found<<

You can probably guess by now why this is the case. Yes, elephant stamp to the boy at the back. Let's hear it - speak up boy, speak up so that Arjay can hear you...

"Please sir, there are never going to be any reports that it has been found. 'Coz it was never lost in the first place."

Ok boy, you can sit down now, thank you.

Incidentally,Ron Paul and Donald Rumsfeld have nothing to do with toxic mortgage packaging at Goldman Sachs.

Just thought I'd mention it.
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 23 April 2010 4:09:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy