The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Goldman Sachs fraud as explained by Jon Stewart

The Goldman Sachs fraud as explained by Jon Stewart

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/20/jon-stewart-takes-on-gold_n_544102.html

I can thing of nothing that explains it all better
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Thursday, 22 April 2010 8:12:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Steven,
worth it's weight in albino palm Cockatoo poo....the plan that is.
Although the delivery was hilarious the subject matter was a little terrifying particularly the actual criminal part.
Would you ever believe G&S again? (I mean Goldman & Sachs not Gilbert and Sullivan...mind you the plot of the farce could be used by either)
As for the $5b extra bonuses..... the mattress is looking good.(almost)

Cheers
examinator
Posted by examinator, Thursday, 22 April 2010 4:18:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
examinator

I haven't believed anything bankers say since 1977. That's when I went to work in the financial services sector.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Thursday, 22 April 2010 6:50:47 PM
Jon Stewart is a hoot.Why do think that Ron Paul wants to end the US Federal Reserve? How do banks make record profits on a shrinking economy? Easy,they rob the public by printing more money thus depreciating their currency.They are all crooks.

In 2001 just before 911,Donald Rumsfeld announced that $2.3 trillion had gone missing from the defence budget.How do you lose $ 2.3 trillion? I see no reports that this money has been found.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 23 April 2010 7:30:56 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for a few minutes of entertainment, Steven. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Posted by rstuart, Friday, 23 April 2010 9:58:54 AM
Not still on that old furphy, Arjay?

>>In 2001 just before 911,Donald Rumsfeld announced that $2.3 trillion had gone missing from the defence budget.How do you lose $ 2.3 trillion? I see no reports that this money has been found.<<

There are only a few errors here, but it is worth going through them all.

"In 2001 just before 911,Donald Rumsfeld announced that $2.3 trillion had gone missing from the defence budget"

No, he didn't.

Here's the speech in question.

http://www.defense.gov/speeches/speech.aspx?speechid=430

He was discussing the many shortcomings of their IT systems. Here are the exact words he used.

"We are, as they say, tangled in our anchor chain. Our financial systems are decades old. According to some estimates, we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions. We cannot share information from floor to floor in this building because it's stored on dozens of technological systems that are inaccessible or incompatible."

Anyone who knows anything about ERP systems will know that this does not mean that a single dollar has "gone missing".

>>How do you lose $ 2.3 trillion?<<

It was never "lost" in the first place.

>>I see no reports that this money has been found<<

You can probably guess by now why this is the case. Yes, elephant stamp to the boy at the back. Let's hear it - speak up boy, speak up so that Arjay can hear you...

"Please sir, there are never going to be any reports that it has been found. 'Coz it was never lost in the first place."

Ok boy, you can sit down now, thank you.

Incidentally,Ron Paul and Donald Rumsfeld have nothing to do with toxic mortgage packaging at Goldman Sachs.

Just thought I'd mention it.
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 23 April 2010 4:09:34 PM
Pericles
Please sir can I leave now my brain is full of troof so I have no room for facts!

Guess who?
Posted by examinator, Friday, 23 April 2010 4:21:21 PM
Steven
1977 huh obviously a late bloomer.

;-)

Ive been with Credit unions since the late 60's
Did you have the foreign loans bank scandal in SA.
We did here and it really ran amok. lots of farmers lost packets thanks to bigger banks.

I have a conundrum
Who do I believe least Journalist/Columnists/talk back radio hosts politicians, Bankers, Lawyers,Big pharma, Life science corp, Corps generally, insurance people or sociopaths ? That is if they aren't all sociopaths anyway.
The catch 22 applies to these professions (?)
Posted by examinator, Friday, 23 April 2010 4:33:11 PM
Pericles let's hear it from the mouth of Rumsfeld himself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU4GdHLUHwU There is no way that any accounting system cannot account for such large sums of money.This was then,three times our GDP.You could perhaps not account for a couple of billion,but never in any one's wildest dreams a sum of this stupendous amount.

Jim Minnery was silenced for wanting to trace just $300 million.
Can you provide a source to say that the $2.3 trillion was found?
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 23 April 2010 6:48:46 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Only the Americans can lose 3 times more than their annual budget. The US defence budget is less than $700billion annually.

If someone was squirreling away 2.3 trillion, they must have been doing it for a bloody long time without detection.

Maybe since the Roswell incident?
Posted by Bugsy, Friday, 23 April 2010 9:09:33 PM
Errr... that was the same speech for which you now have the complate transcript, Arjay.

>>Pericles let's hear it from the mouth of Rumsfeld himself...<<

The amount itself is irrelevant.

>>You could perhaps not account for a couple of billion,but never in any one's wildest dreams a sum of this stupendous amount.<<

If your systems are stuffed, you could be unable to reconcile $10 as easily as $10 billion.

>>Jim Minnery was silenced for wanting to trace just $300 million.<<

I suspect he might have been reassigned for "criss-crossing the country" looking for a bookkeeping error.

>>Can you provide a source to say that the $2.3 trillion was found?<<

You cannot find something that hasn't been lost, Arjay.

Except for my car keys, of course, which seem to hover between dimensions like Schrödinger's cat.
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 23 April 2010 11:20:21 PM
If it were just an accounting error as you suggest Pericles,why bother even alerting the public ? How do get an accounting error 3 times your annual budget.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 24 April 2010 9:46:50 AM
Got me stumped Arjay, maybe that's a question for Barnaby Joyce.
Posted by qanda, Saturday, 24 April 2010 10:04:39 AM
see http://www.rense.com/general80/missing.htm Joshua Daniels asks where did the money come from since it could not have possibily been a part of the defence budget.That money was accounted for.

Some outside source seems to have put the money their accounts and then it has disappeared.Who has this sort of money.As Daniels suggests,only God would have this sort of power.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 24 April 2010 10:19:46 AM
Ah, the God of the gaps again.

>>Some outside source seems to have put the money their accounts and then it has disappeared.Who has this sort of money.As Daniels suggests,only God would have this sort of power.<<

The problem with Daniels' assessment is that he, like you, assumes the money is actually missing. There was money, now there's not.

What Rumsfeld was talking about was not the existence or non-existence of dollar bills, but the ability of the Defense IT systems to properly track transactions from source to recipient.

The source is known. The recipient is known - as Daniels points out, troops got paid etc.

But the information about the intermediate transactions is incomplete, which is why he was referring to the number of different systems involved.

I also suspect there may be some double-counting involved. If system A appears to be unable to properly account for $1 million, and system B appears to be unable to properly account for $1 million, there is a possibility it might be the same $1 million.

But add the "discrepancies" together, and you get $2 million.
Posted by Pericles, Saturday, 24 April 2010 11:28:19 AM
@Pericles: Except for my car keys, of course, which seem to hover between dimensions like Schrödinger's cat.

Thanks for the laugh.

@Pericles: Ah, the God of the gaps again.

And you correct it, yet again. Arjay should pay you for being his personal clinician.
Posted by rstuart, Saturday, 24 April 2010 12:21:12 PM
Pericles ,if it was an accounting glitch as you suggest,then why bother making it public?I smell a big rat given the timing of this announcement,ie the day before 911 and the enormity of this amount of money.

Perhaps you need to do some accounting for the Melbourne Storm.They certainly need advice on glitches
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 24 April 2010 3:18:28 PM
Y'know I begin to understand how the bankers get away with robbing us blind. Every time someone tries to start a serious discussion about their shenanigans along comes a gullible conspiracy theorist like Arjay to muddy the waters
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Saturday, 24 April 2010 3:27:33 PM
Gullible? Never Steven.It is all connected.Goldman Sachs has direct connections to the Federal Reserve.The Israeli lobby under the auspices of AIPAC virtually control Congress.Congress has voted 400-11 to instigate severe sanctions against Iran thus increasing the tensions in the Middle East.Iran is a threat to no one.Israel wants to go to war in a bid to escape their shenanigans.

Study the reality then you will know.The real criminals will probably never be caught,but like both the World Wars they are setting themselves up for profit at the behest of human misery.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 24 April 2010 8:27:39 PM
So now we have the Zionist conspiracy as well as the US government, Federal Reserve and Wall Street working in cahoots to start world war three?

Won't the Freemasons be annoyed that you're leaving them out?
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Saturday, 24 April 2010 10:11:50 PM
I apologise to Steven for my digression.I will say no more after this post.

Just recently Dr Alan Zabrovsky the former director of the USA Army War College,accused Israel of engineering 911;stating that many within the Military now know and they are not happy.Sabrovsky has a Jewish mother and the feeling of some within the military and himself is that they want to go to war with Israel.Now Israel has 200 nukes.Admiral Mullen Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is desperately trying to stop a conflict.He does not see Iran as a threat.

This is why I'm conerned.Listen to this audio http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/03/19/22329/ and then you will realise the gravity of the situation.I do not think that this is a fake.
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 25 April 2010 7:33:56 AM
I always get a great deal of enjoyment from your posts, Arjay.

This one was no exception.

You wrote:

>>Sabrovsky has a Jewish mother and the feeling of some within the military and himself is that they want to go to war with Israel.<<

It gave me this sudden vivid image of a battalion of Jewish mothers, knishes in hand, going to war with Israel.

An all-out chicken-soup offensive, perhaps?

Or may be they were just going to neutralize the army by making the Israeli soldiers feel guilty that they hadn't called home...?
Posted by Pericles, Sunday, 25 April 2010 3:56:15 PM
LOL Pericles,

These posts of Arjay's do provide an occasional bit of comic relief.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Sunday, 25 April 2010 6:05:12 PM
Yes Steven and Pericles.It is whore,whore,whore.LOL .All very funny until the reality strikes.You should both study very carefully the words of Admiral Mullen.The game has changed and the rhetoric does not match the reality.When Congress signs an unequivocal allegiance to Israel,it means that the relationship is broken.

It is all very interesting.Netanyahu considers Obama to be a wuss.Obama is caught between the power of money and the new awareness of the military who won't be bought.Quite fascinating ,don't you think?

Israel has been caught out and will now push for war.So which side are you on?
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 25 April 2010 10:59:18 PM
Goldman Sach's "$hitty" deal.

Scroll down and watch the video

http://news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn

In fairness to the Americans.

Wouldn't it be great if Australian Senators grilled people that bluntly?
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Wednesday, 28 April 2010 8:14:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy