The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > foxy's a first time graaaaany ! that sarted me thinking.....

foxy's a first time graaaaany ! that sarted me thinking.....

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
*If it's such a big deal for you guys -
then take my advice and don't have
anything snipped.*

Ah Foxy, I am fortunate, my parents had
nothing snipped, despite living in America
when I was born in the 50s. What I am questioning
is the right of parents, to go snipping away at
kids genitals, for whatever reason. If your parents
had chopped off parts of your genitals, you might be
more empathetic on this!

But I know plenty of Jewish boys at boarding school, who
would have given anything to have their snipped bits back.

Suze is correct and Wickipedia verifies it, plenty of families
want the sons to look like the fathers, so that is why it was
commonly done. Luckily times have changed.

David F, if you read the Wickipedia article, it states that
in the 1930s in the US, around 30% or so of boys were done,
clearly not the majority. It was after the war that circumcision
really took off in the USA. Read the article yourself.

JayB, I was talking about Central Europe not outback Queensland.
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 27 January 2010 7:25:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Yabby,

You didn't read the website I gave
you did you?

But, as I keep telling you -
I don't have an issue with this.
To each his own!

Just read the website though ...
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 27 January 2010 7:44:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

You did not read the Wickipedia website did you? It is
far less biased.

In retrospect trying to google for information that
might justify your actions, is a lame duck excuse
dear. At least stick to objective information.
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 27 January 2010 7:59:11 PM
Get off Foxys case you lot. She is the Grandmother, not the parents. If you have issues take it up with them. Bloody hell, talk about busybodies sticking their noses in on personal issues. & I say you are all, Out of Line, Politically Incorrect, Discriminatory & anything else I can think of. Scheeech!

Just enjoy being a Grandma Foxy & stuff 'em.
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 27 January 2010 8:25:40 PM
Hi all, am actually glad I read all of these comments on circumcision after Foxy becoming a grandmother [a very special and wonderful time in any person's life] and terrific you shared your life with everyone Foxy.

For many years [my son is now 15yrs] I have felt GUILTY and concerned for him that he was NOT circumcised. By 1994 in Australia times had changed with medical views and the GP advised against it. Actually two G.Ps. Farmer husband at the time was annoyed [as he'd been circumcised. I could only think of the immediate dreadful pain, and as my son already had pain with reflux, could not face him going through any more for initial 12mths.

To date he is a little farmer who is quite grotty and sloppy with his showering habits and never had an infection or smell emanating from his body. However, I did read recently, that during or after puberty, when he is growing, problems regarding non-circumcised teenage boys may arise. Every now and then am thinking it may be wise to book an appt with a GP [he refuses to go really anytime for anything] to discuss.

I should have made time to surf the net over the years. However, prior to his turning 8yrs old he adamantly refused and later, so too his father.
Posted by we are unique, Wednesday, 27 January 2010 11:02:37 PM
Dear Yabby,

I referred to what I saw in Lake Placid, NY and Syracuse, NY which is where I went to school. I did not inspect male apparatus in the entire United States.

I have two grandsons. The one in California is cut. The one in Delaware isn’t. East is east, and west is less. It was the choice of their parents. I had no say in it.

Frances Drake impressed Queen Elizabeth because he circumcised the globe with a forty foot cutter.

It has also affected the music world. In Israel there is a drum quartet called the foreskins.

The products of the procedure are useful. A surgeon specializing in circumcision saved a large number of foreskins as mementos. He took his specimens to a leathersmith and asked him to make something from them. When the surgeon returned the leathersmith gave him a wallet. "All those foreskins and you only made me a wallet?" "Yes, but if you stroke it, it becomes a briefcase."
Posted by david f, Wednesday, 27 January 2010 11:09:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy