The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > King Bill?

King Bill?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All
Our media is full of storys saying Williams visit may be the end a thoughts about an Australian republic.
What do others think will Wombat, be king?
No disrespect he has been called that, nice young bloke seems just like his mum warm and caring.
But do we want another king?, maybe two more kings his dad then him.
I am sure in time we will not look for a king, if politicians from both sides had not have insisted they got their way we may well not have one now.
Republicans[including myself] come from all sides of politics, we do not seek to forget our heritage, our ties to England, but understand we have ties to many nations.
We need not leave the common wealth but I Do not share the idea being Queen allows ours to put her purse on the floor so her companion can be wished away for not pleasing her.
Or that this nice baby faced young bloke one day may have to be bowed to, never by me death before that crawling act.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 20 January 2010 5:03:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The fawning bootlicking going on in the media at the moment is nothing short of sickening. The ridiculous idea that only a descendant of the current queen can be our head of state is to me offensive and goes against everything democracy stands for. The born to rule, elitist parasites of a royal family have absolutely no relevance to modern Australia and is actually an insult to our supposedly democratic and egalitarian society. They belong in history books not on our tv screens as they are pampered and spoiled at our expense! Let them go out and get real jobs and prove themselves by their actions not who they are. Like the rest of us.
Posted by mikk, Wednesday, 20 January 2010 5:50:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I tend to agree with mikk.They still think that they are born to rule even with their genetic inbreeding.Dianna Spencer was just too good for this bunch of arrogrant parasites.

People only bow to this aristocracy in the hope of some fame or feel ordained in some way by their recognition.Nothing can be further from the truth.They will use anyone who bows to their power.Nothing has changed.
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 20 January 2010 7:56:03 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly wrote:
"Or that this nice baby faced young bloke one day may have to be bowed to, never by me death before that crawling act."

See we do agree on some things :)

Though I really don't see how a The Peoples Republic of Oz would make an iota of difference to our way of life?

@ mikk
You put it so eloquently mate, good show old chap :)
Posted by RawMustard, Wednesday, 20 January 2010 9:38:14 PM
I agree with every post so far, but raw mustard I Do think you underlined an important fact.
Remember I come from the older generation, just refuse to think like them.
And they waffle on about the changes a republic would bring, almost inviting the devil into the kitchen stuff.
In reality it did America no harm, and it would do us none.
My childhood in part was spent in the southern highlands, as was my fathers and his fathers.
Bowral then was no place for a proud Aussie.
Home was England and you nearly had to hold your hat over your heart to talk to some.
Why? good lord why bow to an old lady who while smiling often has far too much money tax payers provide, get of your knees Australia.
This family had to be told to get out and honor Diana, the most human face of this family.
Let the next governor general be Noel Pierson, and the Head of state picked by the people.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 21 January 2010 4:53:35 AM
Dear Belly,

I think that it's not a question of whether
Prince William will be Australia's Head of State.
And it's not even a question of whether
Australia will ever be a Republic. It's
only a question of WHEN will Australia become
a Republic?

Prince William is a charming young man - but
he's an English prince and heir to the British
throne. Australia needs her own identity - and
in the 21st Century - should realize that she
can stand on her own two feet - and no longer
feel the compulsion to be a British colony.
We have our own National Anthem - we should also
have our own Head of State - and not one who lives
in Britain - with British interests at heart.

Eighty per cent of Australia's population - based
on a recent survey - want an Australian Head of
State - and a Republic. It's obvious that
according to the line of succession - Prince William
will be King one day - and we hope that before that
happens - Australia will become a Republic.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 21 January 2010 10:19:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy