The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australia has recently shown itself racist?

Australia has recently shown itself racist?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Points taken re left vs right,
We've strayed from the thread's topic a little but even the silly racist debate has a left vs right side. My observations & experiences over three decades in Far North Qld have shown an increase of corruption, neglect & incompetence by Public Servants when Labor is in power. I have also noticed that there is in indigenous matters an ignorance of pronounced magnitude when so-called left orientated Public Servants visit & hang around in the communities. This ignorance is heavily exploited & stalls or even prevents find solutions to any problem that may present itself. It is very, very seldom to see this ignorance in blue collar personnel but very common among the bureaucrats. It also does not help the communities one iota to further themselves when academic (largely left) idealists want to save the "wilderness" of Cape York by interfering with the daily lives of the people living there. A handful of successfully indoctrinated indigenous are lifted onto the pedestals of policy making by the manipulators & when things go haywire then it's always the innocent european bystanders who cop the blame & is gleefully exploited as racist.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 19 January 2010 7:50:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Recently shown itself racist? Who writes this stuff?

The problem started as early as day one, with the arrival of Phillip's First Fleet. His mongrel of a batman M'Entire was killed by someone. He was equally hated by whites and blacks. Despite being ordered by King George III to avoid the usual problems with natives by the usual European contempt for darkies and savages, Phillip made the mistake of doing what the Nazis did in occupied France.

After making up his mind that it was an native that did the crime, he ordered multiple hangings in reprisal. Twelve Aborigines for one white fulla. He thought that was about the extent of the damage. He never went through with it, but the damage had been done. The Aborigines found out who they'd been invaded by, and relations never got back on track - all thanks to Captain Phillip and his merry men.

The murderous carnage that followed says all anyone needs to know about racist genes in our blood. Most of us are in denial about it, but then our society lives on myths and self-delusion. We'd have to, the way we tolerate the Rudds and Abbots in charge of our communal destiny. It's a miracle that our genocide didn't work. It shows what a resilient race the Aborigines are.

I can't help feeling that in due course - not all that far off - we're going to go through the same Hell we put them through. The situation only looks good to those totally embedded in smug self-satisfaction and self-delusion. The Aborigines will get the last laugh. Trust me. Justice always prevails sooner or later.
Posted by Sock Ratteez, Wednesday, 20 January 2010 10:45:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sock Ratteez:
WOW Thats the way to reconciliation, some of us on both sides are trying constructively though. Ever thought of that?
Posted by Wybong, Wednesday, 20 January 2010 3:05:50 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Individual gets it.

I think the problem is that so many do not. If you accuse people of such an evil crime you are evil yourself if no real proof exists for your claims.

I threatened on another thread to expose a certain race for it's abuse of women. It was not because I wanted to do that, only wanted to show how easily it can be done. I was pressured into doing it but never did becasue that was not my point. My point was how easy one can take a few select stories to criminalise a whole race of people. Then I read a whole socio-economic group was labelled racist. Please people practise what you preach.

Individuals commit acts of racism. Police should investigate the complaint and take it seriously. Same as a sex crime. I do not see whole countries being labelled Pedophiles because some commit that crime. I do not see a whole race labelled arsonist because some start fires.

Those that obssess about it are causing more problems, creating division and inciting hate in the process. Race has become a mental illness in many, they do not realise how way off mark they are. Plus it is fueling it which is even sadder.
Posted by TheMissus, Wednesday, 20 January 2010 6:13:07 PM
Sock rateez
I don’t think your post has any relevance to this thread. It is about the racism of this day and age. I do not call my German friends anti-Semites, nor am I expecting the Jewish people to overthrow the German people. So I offer you an “apology” lol
Posted by thecat, Friday, 22 January 2010 1:04:13 AM
On the topic of the OP - the other night I nearly fell out of my chair watching "Two and a Half Men" when the nephew wanted Charlie's character to take them to some chicken place to eat - Charlie's character wasn't happy about it and the reason becomes apparent when we're presented with the situation where Charlie and his nephew are the only whites in the place....

On a note more specific to "racism" here in Aus: We're never going to get anywhere with all this until we actually drop the term and notion of RACISM entirely and shift instead to the more realistic, flexible and broader concept of PREJUDICE....

Think about that - go back, read it again and THINK about it...

Racism is too selective and actually exclusive in it's application - not to mention devisive - ie. whites would argue that only they are apparently racist - the same kind of behaviour from the other direction is.... something else and seemingly not as bad or at least accepted/ignored. And in between, because racism between/amongst other ethnic groups doesn't fit the "black and white" clear definition of racism it's ignored. The fact is that such behaviour / attitude on ANY side and in ANY direction is simply a type of PREJUDICE so being looked at as such results in the flexibility to be more even handed than the selective notion of "racism".
Posted by Spinner, Tuesday, 2 February 2010 7:32:11 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy