The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Changes to OLO

Changes to OLO

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
We've moved OLO across to a new server and upgraded some of the software that supports it. There were a few glitches, but it now seems to us to be running fairly smoothly.

The new server is more powerful than the old one, and new computers always seem to run better than older ones.

I thought I'd start a thread to let you all know, and also to see whether any of the old problems are still there.

Andrew and Jay have done a good job so far, and I'm sure they'll be interested in your feedback if they need to make it even better.

Graham
Posted by GrahamY, Thursday, 14 January 2010 12:43:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks all, I thought it was a fair bit quicker.
Sure we mostly understand time and costs involved and that those who can will help with both
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 14 January 2010 4:13:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hopefully there will be less glitches like the server error one that occasionally pops up. It does seem quicker now too.
Pity it lost my post about flaming in the changeover but never mind.
Posted by mikk, Thursday, 14 January 2010 4:19:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That's very good news Graham.

I've got to admit that it has been frustrating at times, staring at a blank screen when trying to access OLO or certain pages or threads and wondering if anything is going to happen.
Posted by Ludwig, Thursday, 14 January 2010 5:34:16 PM
GY,
it appears that there is an error when trying to post a discussion it gives a memory address and says "server not receiving?"
When you try and resend it says 'error can't post topic twice'

cheers
e
Posted by examinator, Friday, 15 January 2010 4:41:20 PM
Graham, that is great news. The efforts of you and your crew
are much appreciated!

*new computers always seem to run better than older ones.*

My old girl here, was starting to crash fairly often, constantly
refering to some error on one of the discs. Eventually I unplugged
it, took it up to the workshop and blew it out with the compressor.
Whew, amazing how much dust can accumulate in there, it runs like
a charm now.

Anyhow, once again thanks.
Posted by Yabby, Friday, 15 January 2010 7:37:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy