The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Changes to OLO

Changes to OLO

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Examinator, just change one word, in the name of your subject, & the system will accept your post as new.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 15 January 2010 8:26:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Examinator, can you send me a screen shot of the error message etc. next time? Thanks. Graham
Posted by GrahamY, Friday, 15 January 2010 11:29:41 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The new server seems to be working very well.

Well done Andrew and Jay - and thanks to Graham and the rest of the team.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Saturday, 16 January 2010 8:38:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
GY

It would appear that the issue is the category box clicking as in the first time I clicked 4 tags then tried to post. the second time (later) using 'Lazarus' to recover the text only I absent mindedly punched the 4 tags canceled one then tried to post it showed the same error.
N.B. between the attempts I changed the topic heading significantly
today I repeated the process this time clicked three and it worked likerty spit.

PS yup the new server is good, appears to work well. Thank you.
What did you do with the old one? or was it an upgrade.

hasbeen
Thanks for the help I did that the only difference Was above?
Mind you there may have been a fault my end ...other than the wetware involved (my brain) :-|
Posted by examinator, Saturday, 16 January 2010 10:38:46 AM
The old one is sitting on a desk in the office. We're not quite sure what to do with it. Thought about using it for backups but it is very loud. Can't hear yourself think. So we might even try to sell it to someone, or give it away to a worthy cause.
Posted by GrahamY, Saturday, 16 January 2010 11:31:53 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The new server is going really well. Technology marches on and Australia is well served by this forum. The only suggestion I would make is that the server be programmed to recopgnise natural days. That is 24 hours from midnight to midnight, instead of 24 consecutive hours. It would sometimes be helpful if the post limit on articlles was the same as General Discussions, but no one is perfect, and there neefds to be some discipline. Thank you OLO
Posted by Peter Vexatious, Monday, 18 January 2010 6:58:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy