The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why has Islamic fundamentalism intensified?

Why has Islamic fundamentalism intensified?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. Page 31
  10. All
You're kidding yourself, Philip Tang.

>>Rather strange that Pericles would make accusations such as “...you refuse to engage in a discussion”, when in fact, it is he who has completely avoided discussing why he thinks Islam is a peaceful "religion" but would prefer to label critics of Islam, “Islamophobes”<<

Dead wrong. Both counts.

Interestingly, the only person to have used the word "Islamophobe" on this thread has been... HermanYutic.

That tells a story, doesn't it.

Nor will you find me referring to Islam as a peaceful religion.

What you will find is that I object, strongly and often, to people like yourself spending their lives trying to instil fear and hatred into other people, by constantly shouting "the Mozzies will get you"

Islam is no more peaceful than Christianity.

Like almost every religion, including your own, it attempts to create an "us and them" mentality in its followers. The Shia vs Sunni bloodshed mirrors exactly the Catholic vs Protestant violence that has been the hallmark of Christian history over many centuries. Partition in India exposed the massive faultline between Hindu and Muslim. And then there were the Crusades, of course.

When I say that you refuse to engage in discussion, I mean exactly that. Whenever you are challenged as to why you consider Christianity to be less dangerous that Islam, you merely point to carefully selected verses from their holy book.

That's what I meant when I pointed out, in response to your request that "you update your knowledge on Islam, post 9/11", that your own views are still rooted in the seventh century.

We can all point to religious terrorist cadres that threaten our lives. I was resident in London throughout the IRA bombings, of restaurants, pubs and other open spaces.

But it is religion that is the problem, Philip Tang.

Yours, when it attempts to revive the spirit of the twelfth century to mobilize the forces of Jesus against the infidel, is equally as dangerous as any other band of extremist thugs.
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 15 January 2010 9:44:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. Page 31
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy