The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > the racing industry...100 million in grants..sign of unity?

the racing industry...100 million in grants..sign of unity?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
from abs
http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mediareleasesbyReleaseDate/8FD09A511684A4D3CA2571D80021CC86?OpenDocument

$8.8 billion income..for Australia's..sports/and physical..recreation services

Sports and physical/recreation..services..generated..$8.8 billion in income..during 2004-05,..according to figures..released today/by the Australian Bureau of Statistics..(ABS).

'Not for profit'..organisations..generated over half the income, earning $4.6 billion,..while..'for profit'..businesses generated $2.7 billion.

Sports membership and competition fees..($1.3 billion),..sponsorship and fundraising..($0.8 billion),..net industry and TAB distributions* ($0.7 billion)..and admissions..($0.6 billion)..were the key items of income for non-government organisations.

WONDER WHAT..THE GOVT FIGURES ADD UP TO

Expenses incurred for the same period were..$8.4 billion,..of which the main items were labour costs..($2.5 billion) and grants, distributions and affiliation fees..$0.9 billion).

At the end of June 2005,..there were 9,256 sports and physical recreation businesses/organisations.SUCKING AT THE TEAT

Over half..(54%)..of these were..'for profit',..39% were..'not for profit',..and 6%..were government organisations.

The Sports and Physical/Recreation Services..Survey also found that during 2004-05:Horse and dog racing/activities generated income of $1.6 billion.

The main source of income..for these activities..was net industry and TAB distributions ..$0.7 billion),..which represented..44% of the $1.6 billion.

Health and fitness centres and gyms..generated income of $0.7 billion...Other sports and physical recreation venues,..grounds and facilities generated income of $1.1 billion.

There were 181,832..volunteers in sports and physical recreation services during the month of June 2005.

There were 111,519 people employed in sports and physical recreation services at the end of June 2005.

XXXX..Government organisations..employed 11,051 people and spent $1.5 billion..in relation to the provision..of sports and physical recreation services.

Further details..are in Sports..and Physical Recreation Services, Australia,2004-05..(cat.no.8686.0).

Media Note:*Industry distributions..are paid by the TAB to the racing authorities/boards,,in each State and Territory.

In turn,..the racing authorities/boards pay most of these distributions..to the racing clubs in their respective state.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2009/11/18/1258219882900.html
Betfair's low-margin..business/structure..is flawed,..says Racing NSW... What's more,..it's contrary..to the section of..the Australian Constitution that...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/betfair-and-racing-authorities-battle-over-fees/story-e6frg8zx-1225801832096

In NSW alone,..the TAB attracted $3 billion..in bets on thoroughbreds last year.

Under the race fields legislation,..which came into effect in September 2008,..Racing NSW collects 1.5..per/cent..of any wager and says it used that money..to fund an industry..The third round of the legal stoush..about betting and racing..promised something that was missing..from the first two instalments..figures showing where the gambling dollars were going..and how Betfair did business.
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 24 December 2009 8:45:58 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nice of you one under God to highlight that my posts are right.
Rather sneaky to widen your first thoughts into ALL sports.
Both you, until now, and I spoke about racing, and your so called grants.
Governments, ALL of them like to take credit for others acts, this was no grant.
And the debate about sports, gold medals and the costs, are in no way related to your thread.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 25 December 2009 3:59:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
beer/belly quote..<<..sneaky to widen/into ALL sports>>>to highlight/..for you..Survey/..found that during 2004-05:Horse and dog racing/activities generated income of..$1.6 billion....NOTING..its a small part of..$8.8 billion income..for Australia's..sports/and physical..recreation services

The main source of income..for these/Horse and dog racing/activities..was net industry and TAB distributions ..$0.7 billion),..which represented..44% of the $1.6 billion.

YOU..HAVNT READ THE/LINKS..but here is more..for you to ignore

"Beyond./.the Winning Post'
http://74.125.153.132/search?q=cache:2v_5hqim8N0J:www.aciltasman.com.au/News/monthly_news/2001/08-2001.html+1992+ACIL+report&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk

The Impact..of the Racing Industry..on the Economy..of the ACT"...by ACIL/Tasman..in/September 1992..and examines..the contribution/of racing..to the ACT economy...

The report shows..that the racing-industry./..contribution..$25 million..per year..to the Gross/Domestic..Product..of the ACT,..up from..$17 million/in 1992,..with around..148..full-time equivalent..(FTE)..positions....attributable..to the activities..of the racing..industry.

The report..will be used..by the racing-clubs..for future-planning..and in/their dealings..with the ACT-Government..on future development..of racing/in the ACT...Media Releases http://www.aciltasman.com.au/images/pdf/racing%20media%20releases.pdf (PDF/format 281KB)

straight/from..the horses mouth
http://www.queenslandracing.com.au/get_involved/rich_history.asp

A major study..of racing’s/economic impact..commissioned...The landmark..1992 ACIL/report..lol..

see above[..the..only one found]..[ie/..for act]..

Australian racing..generated $2.4 billion..in GDP..The contribution..to Queensland’s..Gross../State Product...exceeded $400 million.

The Queensland/Principal Club..initiated the industry’s..first..strategic-plan,..'Form Guide/to the Future',..in 1998....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=MEDA%2CMEDA%3A2008-36%2CMEDA%3Aen-GB&as_q=The+Queensland+Principal+Club+&as_epq=Form+Guide+to+the+Future+1998&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images

NOTE<<<Your search..The Queensland/Principal Club.."Form-Guide/to the Future/1998"..did/not match..any documents.>>>

..Studies conducted by..KPMG..found Queensland racing..(including the thoroughbred,..harness/and greyhound-codes) contributed $700 million..to the State economy..[ie not govt]..and generated...full-time,..part-time..and..casual jobs..for..almost..24,000 Queenslanders...

The State/Government..received..almost..$100 million..in revenue..from the..[3]..industry.[s]

With/privatisation..of the TAB,..now known/as UNiTAB,..in 1999,..the racing-industry..became master..of its destiny....lol..The new.arrangements..meant..the industry’s revenue..was directly tied..to its..ability to generate..betting-turnover...The industry..would..succeed or fail..on its merits...lol..

To address..the new/commercial-realities,,,,lol,,a skills-based/board..was appointed/to head..Queensland-Racing in 2002...The board..focussed on..rationalising Queensland’s..racing calendar..to maximise..betting-turnover..on Queensland races.

In 2003,..Queensland-Racing..relocated to a modern,..purpose-built/facility..at..its Deagon-training/centre...
from http://www.queenslandracing.com.au/training/about.asp

The Queensland/Racing Industry/Training.Centre..was established in 1995..to meet..the training needs..of the three codes..of the Queensland-Racing-Industry...In July 2000,..Deagon-racetrack/and/the training centre..was transferred..to..the industry..and Queensland-Race-Training..(QRT)..was formed...In July 2004..Queensland Racing/took-over..direct responsibility..for the delivery of..training..in the thoroughbred/code..and became..a Registered-Training-Organisation..(RTO).

The industry..also began reaping/the benefits..of reform,..with increased/revenue..and lower/costs..translating..into big/prizemoney increases...

http://74.125.153.132/search?q=cache:42wLXL6nHeYJ:ultimate-bet-poker.com/+t.a.b+australia+gross+income&cd=21&hl=en&ct=clnk

Wagering/betting-operators..will pay..either..1.5..percent of turnover,..or the greater/of..20..percent..of gross revenue..or..0.2 percent/..of turnover,”..he said.

Betfair/is currently..in the middle/of a court-action..against Racing NewSouthWales..over a similar/levy...The head/of Betfair’s Australian operations,..Andrew Twaits,..has argued that..the NSW-racing-authority..is colluding/..with Betfair’s..local rival/Tabcorp..in trying/to force..his company..out of the state

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,20797,25237583-5003415,00.html
QUEENSLAND Racing..has secured..the $30 million..Wadham-Park-complex..near Canungra..for development/..and..industry-training-centre..for 800 horses.

lots more/racing/info
http://74.125.153.132/search?q=cache:s2ah7g-L6GMJ:www.qroa.com.au/all_the_news.html+govt+grants+to+The+Queensland+Racing+Industry+Training+Centre&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk
http://www.murdoch.edu.au/elaw/issues/v2n2/kee222.html
http://thelocaltourist.com.au/seq/Spectator_and_Team_Sport/Racing.htm
Posted by one under god, Friday, 25 December 2009 6:09:38 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
belicose belly..beligerantly..berates me..yet/is no fainthearted innocent..babe-in-the-woods..being a unionist/he attacks..to protect the party-line..he knows..politricks/is a numbers-game..that;..facts need/to be hiden..that the two-party/systematicly..serves..the same masters

clearly/knows stuff..yet puts up..no evidence..clearly seeing/union thugery..as the solution..to hush up/any opposition...but also as clearly;..there is something roton..in this tort/of sport..

well known..is the cleansing affect..of laundering money/at the races..how..political-donations..to parties have a 100 percent windfall/return

we have no opposition/exposing the rorts./..because both-parties need the sports-teams..to man//the booths//..and their return..is a nice cushy grant..or board-position..or..a radio/station..to broadcast race/tab..results..or a training-track here..or a grant there..its all/part-of-the-game..where one hand/washes the other..clean

note the name changes...that/one grant..gift...allows a new mouth..to open/to suck..at the public-teat..all getting..'their'..govt-lucre..

note..the tax/return of..[.2..]percent...a great/mates-rate;tax/rate..is it not...

there is something/roton..in these..sports-rorts..but media/has more sports reporters/than politico reporters..prefering govt-spin..photo ops..and the latest..us-star/gossip..to reporting/or even watching the-political/machinations..of the two-parties..serving the public/servants..and their fellow/fallow/elite's...peers

i have googled..for hours..trying to get/info..but criminals/dont put the evidence-of-their-crimes..on the web...

also of note..is the deletion/of the govt archives..cleaned out by labourite-malfeasonce..as soon as/they..gained office

its clever..that a belicose/belly..is yelling at me..for pushing some buttons..daring..to expose/..their rorts..they will presume..to be so clever..at hiding/the info..that would..expose their treasons...

i have tried/to shine a light..on the issue...but all..we get is darkness/..reflected back..so figure it out..your self..but know/you cant-change-anything...either

they..own the media..and/the lobby..so you/got no voice...

they bought out/off..any organised--group..that/could resist..to asist..in their malfeasance..and give/the required/numbers..at election-time,..to assist the elect..to dole out crumbs..to their minions/masters

no opposition..will demand/the numbers..because they too/owe their loyalty..to those good-sports..playing you all..for fools...

we think lawyers..making laws/..is just fine.,..YOU/who/love paying double--for services..while their/your silver gets looted...

no wonder..you love the spin/destraction..you get from your media...in lue of/due vigelance/diligence..or god forbid..real news..

and you lot..get your sport..while rome burns..[again]..realise we get/..the leaders..we de-serve..they do as they do..because/you lot dont care..

while those who do..go run...the/their..sports-rorttorts's..or get on the board...

ok..now im bored too..

...rip beer belli-cose..i have had..all i can stom-ache..
your pathetic mate..

you know..yet defend/the undefensable..its pathetic
may god have..mercy on your souls..you sure got more than 1
Posted by one under god, Friday, 25 December 2009 7:10:07 AM
If one under God you had no one at Christmas true You could have eaten here, true.
The gift of giving brings more happiness to me than receiving, but bloke not one of us here has ever insulted you in the same manner you return serve.
I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOUR FIGURES
Racing generates fees at the turnstile,in food sales hiring out its venues a great deal, it puts money into the public purse not takes it out.
A great deal of income from racing is spent away from it.
This very day, on sky racing a former head of racing in Hong Kong , said 14% of total revenue in that great city comes from the race club.
Now for your insult, it would take less than 5 minutes to download a spell check, less than a minute to put your posts to the test.
But you sneer at well meaning advice.
And you bloke put some true rubbish into print,this claim ,this thread, is just one,
Have a good Christmas just maybe if you laid off the medication vegetation you so proudly tell us about you could save a few bob for next year.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 25 December 2009 2:32:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
yes merry xmass..to you too belly...its a shame..you chose/to make presumptions...i dont drink ...and rarely/smoke weed..tea and caffeen are enough for me..that booze rots/brain-cells..is well known...

but i wont continue..this slanging-match..by suggesting/,..you have consumed more mind-altering/substance..than i..so lets talk of the fact's

note..my facts..all..are taken from web sites..[with their links provided...

as to..your STATEMENT..re the hong/kong..racing-club..all i know..is they use..kids..to race stunted/horses...

its not/real racing..as such...so what..if it brings in 14 percent..repeat...SO WHAT...

how does that validate..the deceptions going on/exposed here?...

that race-track..mentioned earlier..value..30..million.[details in the relivant/links]..

correct/my rebuttal links..if you can..

but see..that is simply..a symptum/my facts arnt wrong..
and unless..you can prove/otherwise...it is clear..you cant

i know/you are..a generous person...and i have said..so many times..but not of late..there is no doudt..you do/some good works..but..bloke..you are being decieved..in this case...big/time..bluey

you quote<<<''DO NOT AGREE..WITH..[my]..FIGURES>>>YET FAIL TO..PRESENT YOUR OWN...im sure..your a good/enough..person..to be shoked at the extent..you..have been decieved...

at the beginning..i was only upset..about the latest..100-MILLION GIFT...now..i have been forced/..to look into..the matter...more closely..im discusted

and/when..if..you look..into the/full extent..
if you do..you too..will be angry...

then seeing as how..its deliberated/TWO PARTY policy..i hope..we can join together..to see justice/is seen..to be done

this latest gift...100 million..is the total/racing-income/returned,....gifted out..in one lump..

how much more..is in those archived papers..hidden from public eyes?>

..mate/this..is only the tip/of..a huge quango

you say<<it..puts money..into..the/public-purse..not..takes it out..WELL BLOKE...prove it...

put..your posts/..to the test..ie..present/proof.

you<<..sneer..at well.meaning..advice.>>yet fail to/provide your own

Have..a good.Christ-mass...but,..try to give/some authoritive facts...naming sources..

[noting the-drug-law/income..from fines..[in 1999..was 65 million...[from 37.ooo kids..more than a few/unionists..[got that..from peter/beatie's..private secretary...in writing]

i think thats..3 times/the income..from speed-camera's..this year..

im very angry..that/all that pain...should support..gam-bling..
its colluded..excess..[so bloke..its personal..[for me]...

give me/your correct numbers...
give links..say..what link/says what...

you just might..get a shock...at the extent/of the issue...[rort/tort..treason's]..your defending
Posted by one under god, Friday, 25 December 2009 5:25:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy