The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 1500 new air-conditioners a week

1500 new air-conditioners a week

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
I think you are confused with economics and advantages.
No body knows the lifespan of a solar system, The origional ones have gone past 40 years and still counting.
What makes them so expensive is they are hand made. One man makes 3 solar panells / day.
Solar panells come with a 30 yr guarentee.
That beats a few years on a car.
There is a fraternity of people that will never see the light of day.
A new array has come online financed by the people who benefit from it but have no roof space. It consists of 150 dwellings, with remote arrays,and solar intensifiers. One intensifiers can take the place of around 30 solar panells.
Posted by Desmond, Wednesday, 23 December 2009 10:02:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is not the air conditioners but the total energy a household uses, and with solar the impact is not as great. Air conditioners are not the problem, it is the exponents of unlimited growth. Fossil fuels and carbon emissions would not be the issue they are if matters of population sustainbility were addressed.

As Belly said even those who are using less energy in the home - their bills have still gone up. There has to be rewards for using less power, not a money grab by greedy corporates with undue influence on governments.
Posted by pelican, Wednesday, 23 December 2009 11:32:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a bl@@dy con.

Every where, in industry, companies are fighting for market share. Why? Because when they sell more, their unit cost goes down.

How come it's only the electricity industry, in Queensland where, when you sell more, the unit cost goes up? Do you thimk it works like this in the US, where power has been a private enterprise for ever?

As I said. Another Bleigh CON.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 23 December 2009 12:38:54 PM
Yes hasbeen true, my bill proves it, I am a victim of a government that wants to sell its power supply network.
So it raised the prices first to make the sale look better for who?
The buyers.
After it is sold it will raise again, far above fairness, see it is a tax we have to pay, if we want our lifestyles to remain what they are.
If governments wanted to, they could give interest free loans to us to install battery backed solar power.
Just forget the idea it will only last 30 years it like every thing can be insured.
In 30 years technology will have progressed much more solar has come a very long Way in just ten years.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 24 December 2009 4:36:00 AM
One question I have not seen resolved is how susceptible to hail
damage are solar panels ?
The insurance rates should tell the story.

Also they are are a target for thieves.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 24 December 2009 8:59:24 AM
*Solar panells come with a 30 yr guarentee.*

Ho ho ho Desmond, you are clearly more trusting them I am :)

The solar industry is full of fly by night operators and IMHO
your chances are very high, that in 10-15 years, if you should
have a problem, the business will highly likely be gone and
the manufacturer no longer exists, so your chances of actually
cashing in on your guarantee would be minimal and certainly
not allowed for, in any sound economic calculation.

Given that more and more manufacturers have moved to China
and their quality is not always the best, 10 years sounds
like a far more realistic number.

I gather that the last major Australian manufacturer has
shut down.
Posted by Yabby, Thursday, 24 December 2009 2:13:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy