The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What will be 'left'

What will be 'left'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All
Dear Examinator,

It's an interesting take on Col that
you've given us.

His new wife thought she married
Mr Right, obviously before she knew
his first name was always.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 6 November 2009 1:07:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was reading about the Wild Rivers legislation up here in FNQ and came across this speech by Noel Pearson. Even though he is writing with the Cape in my mind his understanding of politics holds much broader appeal. It sounds like he has written on my behalf, even though he didn't, I wish he would! Sums up left/right nicely in Australian context. Middle class CANNOT be left wing. :)

quote from article
In my view, the middle-class left is, by definition, an oxymoron. There is no true middle-class left. It is within the definition of the tradition, an impossible category.

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/foraradio/stories/2009/2686843.htm

I cannot post on Wild Rivers article because I have been chatting too much. Relevant for this discussion though I think.

Also I did that political compass test and I am out there with Ghandi. I am so going to heaven!
Posted by TheMissus, Friday, 6 November 2009 1:35:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
pontificator,

'With all due respect '

Hahaha. You have zero respect for Col. You just use such statements as a weak attempt to lord over and judge others, but then fall back on silly little disclaimers. The poster child of passive aggressive behaviour.

Arrogance is ... pontificator. It has nothing to do with humanism, and everything to do with quotes like...

'I bet if pushed I could pick the talkers(it's someone else's job mine is to criticism or find sacrificial lambs) from the doers on OLO'

With numerous references on OLO to your volunteer work, amazing counselling and heroic defending of the down trodden, attempting to paint this picture of the altruistic matryr, 'better' than the other posters. Does it ever occur to you that other people, people without the need to blow trumpets and grandstand, quite possibly do just as much if not more for their community than you like to claim you do.

I know who really is doing a lot of 'talking' with zero proof of any actual doing.

'As I said you are as you do....Sanctimonious, anti intellectual, intolerant, superficial, rude the lot...you are other things too but you are as accused.'

As I said, pity any young person being counselled by the likes of you. People can exhibit all sorts of behaviour, and if that behaviour is disagreeable, it's the behaviour that is 'bad' not the person. Judgemental weed.

If you're going to have a go at people, have the guts not to hide behind this pathetic 'with all due respect' crap.
Posted by Houellebecq, Friday, 6 November 2009 2:32:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy