The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Barbeque mob speak, again.

The Barbeque mob speak, again.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Belly “However rechtub try living on a pension aged 20 with an acquired disability, you could end up IN an old mens home, for life.”

That is a fraudulent suggestion in the context, rehctub was referring to the much larger number of “age” pensioners, suffering no defect except those commonly experienced with advancing years versus those few folk with any acquired and significant physical disability (who, depending upon how they acquired such injury, might well be worthy of particular compassion).

Ultimately no one should see an age pension as their first option for retirement when we all know such a public burden does not represent an “equitable” share in the resources of the Common-wealth (tax levied funds)

“Hope the wedding went or gos well for our English gentle man.
May the loverly lady be strong enough to live with your liver ailment.”

The wedding will be a memorable event, recorded for posterity in photos and video.

The “lovely lady”, whilst weighing in at a mere 43kg is of a strong physical disposition and mind and since I have never had any “liver ailment”, I am sure we will both “cope” with the responsibilities we take on in the spirit of love, union and mutual enrichment.

Houellebecq you return and have been much missed… I delight at your levity and elevation of the debate.

My shoulders are broad... and hips narrow... that is one of the side benefits with marrying a health fanatic. Plus we dance Tango which produces a sensual vista....

You did request photos some time ago and assume you got them….
Posted by Col Rouge, Friday, 9 October 2009 12:06:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh Col, my day is just getting better and better. I don't normally look at that email account as it serves as a diversion for all the junk mail you get when you sign up for sites. (Privacy Policies are about as useful and effective and believable as the do not call register).

But wow, I can see that rather than embellishing the descriptions of your good self and your lovely lady (which I'm sure many of your detractors on OLO would assume), you are actually being too modest. Such a finely tailored suit, and I'm sure of the highest quality fabric, worn by someone who has obvious and effortless poise and class.

Also, I can see why you are so smitten with your future missus. She looks like a lovely spirited lady Col. A natural beauty too. It's only fitting that you should be accompanied by such a lady, and I'm sure she is a worthy partner for you in the 'spirit of love, union and mutual enrichment' (C.Rouge) you describe.

'Plus we dance Tango which produces a sensual vista.... '
And a more sensual vista than that I cannot imagine, after seeing you too dressed up to the nines like that!
Posted by Houellebecq, Friday, 9 October 2009 1:56:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Houellebecq so you got the image .. that is good LOL

I think you are too kind in your lavish description of me but to the future Mrs CR – “beautiful” is an understatement..

Re “Also, I can see why you are so smitten with your future missus.”

Oh too right.. absolutely, smitten to bits

Anyway .. it pleases me that you enjoy HA HA..

your posts always lighten my spirits.
Posted by Col Rouge, Saturday, 10 October 2009 11:40:11 AM
Are you aware, do you know labor first took to the IR laws bringing in big changes under hawk and Keiting?
Or that the GFC has taken place? this time the classic conservative blindness, can not go unchallenged.

Yes, belly, I am aware that labor made huge changes to IR laws and believe me, there has been none in my lifetime so damaging as those.

Now I am aware of the GFC, which is why I am amazed at how the now labor government is once again building walls between employers and employees.

In my industry, overtime is essential to most as the basic wage is quite low.

So, in all their wisdom the new IR laws now require ‘tea money’ to be paid on any day that one works more than 1.5 hours over their normal rostered ‘ordinary hours’.

Well you can kiss overtime good by cause our industry simply can’t afford that.

So what are our people going to rely on now to feed their families?

Another is Sunday work.

If an employee works every Sunday, as part of their roster, they must be given a three day weekend, including sat & sun per month. WITHOUT PAY! How can they afford this I ask?

Now the other problem this causes is that they can not work their full 38hr one week due to having the days off, unless of cause there is a roster change made every fourth week. More paper work!

Also, who is going to cover for them on their long weekends?

Then there is the classic case of ‘flexible work hours for carers’. Another mess!

And you recon we are better off. Remember, I never supported workchoices, nor did I use it to my advantage. So why am I, along with my staff being screwed around?

All this during a time when most employees are worried about their jobs, their homes and their families.

And you think it's all for the better!
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 11 October 2009 6:20:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy