The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Unreasonable Religious Guilt

Unreasonable Religious Guilt

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. All
DreamOn,
My comment was a reaction to your wordy “dismissive attitude” towards spirituality and religion in general, not about homosexuality. What you condemn as inappropriate, or even scandalous, treatment of homosexuals, I condemn as well. However it is irrelevant to what I wanted to say.
Posted by George, Tuesday, 29 September 2009 7:24:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/09/29/2699690.htm?section=justin

" ... Bill Clinton's gay marriage backflip sparks hope
By News Online's Sarah Collerton
Labor's gay and lesbian faction says it hopes Bill Clinton's change of heart on gay marriage encourages high-profile Australian politicians to follow suit.
A spokesperson for Australian Christian Lobby, a key interest group against same-sex unions, told the ABC that that they do not wish to comment as they do not see Mr Clinton's views as relevant to the Australian debate on gay marriage. ... "

Oh! BC has gone AD. That's beautiful!

The above view of the so-called australian christian lobby is not indicative of all Christians and they ought be made to change their name.

And I quote the following from some old friends:

http://www.ica.org.au/page_philosophy_sacraments.html
" ... *Marriage and Covenant of Love*

Marriage is the public declaration of the love two people feel for each other – an act which has both earthly and spiritual repercussions. Those who wish a sacramental marriage consciously recognise that they are spiritual beings, that there is a spiritual dimension to their relationship and that the decision to marry was prompted from above. The wedding service is a blessing upon this decision, giving not only strength for the years ahead but also a spiritual understanding of the relationship and the new “community” which is formed by the marriage.

The Centre’s wedding services acknowledge the freedom of each individual and the gifts they bring to the union. The Centre has different marriage ceremonies which reflect the ideals and purposes of the couple, from a simple service to a full Nuptial Mass.

The *Covenant of Love* ceremony is available for couples who - for various reasons - are not able to legally marry. This service gives public recognition to their love for one another and bestows a blessing upon their union. ... "
Posted by DreamOn, Tuesday, 29 September 2009 3:31:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would encouragage questioning the bible and exploring the topics in question with vigor. The exploration of faith need not be ignorant. I was an agnostic leaning very much toward athiesm and funnily enough with the help of Dawkins and Sagan etc. I opened my heart to Christ.

Whatever means you choose to explore this life do so with an open mind for both science and theology. Don't believe without investigation and don't not believe without contemplation.
Posted by PeteBRFC, Tuesday, 29 September 2009 4:03:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy