The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Creative Use of Current Events in radical Activism-Pauline.. is she back ?

The Creative Use of Current Events in radical Activism-Pauline.. is she back ?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Is PAULINE back ? The newspapers are suggesting she wants to run in the political race...again.

How could this be used creatively to make an alternative point ?
If the reported statements of Hanson are true ("Africans are bringing Aids and disease here, Muslims are dangerous") and its a big 'IF' then clearly she represents ideas and attitudes which might be described as socially questionable.

Then, we have the 2 Muslim boys who desecrated the Bible.(and who were subsequently expelled). This event also creates a 'mood' which maybe ripe for political/social harvest. The Daily terrorgraph story rated 156 comments at this time, and a story about teen supergroup Hi5 rated 8 comments.

I was thinking of using that current mood as follows:

Stand on the steps of Flinders street station, dressed in black, with combat boots on, (the stereotype'white supremacist' look) holding up a sign along the lines of the opinion piece I wrote "ONE NATION, ONE CULTURE, ONE RACE full stop" (which of course, advocated a breaking down of racial barriers and intermarraige rather than 'white supremacy') This alone should receive considerable attention.
But imagine the confusion, when passers by noticed that my 2 bodyguards/assistants are two of the biggest Maoris you have ever seen ! (both around 6'5") Then, when we give out copies of that opinion piece, and include an email address for follow up...

On the back of the opinion piece, I would add the following:

Galatian 3:26
You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Should be interesting....if I ever do it.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 8 December 2006 3:30:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Boaz, but it's me again. For some reason you seem to pull my chain harder than any other on this forum.

>>"Stand on the steps of Flinders street station... holding up a sign "ONE NATION, ONE CULTURE, ONE RACE full stop" (which of course, advocated a breaking down of racial barriers and intermarraige rather than 'white supremacy')<<

How on earth can you imagine that your 2006 version of "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer" can be construed as indicating a wish to break down racial barriers?

It states precisely the opposite.

That this NATION should consist of one RACE and observe one CULTURE.

What other translation could there possibly be?

I guarantee you one thing. If you were to take your stand on the steps of Flinders Street Station with such a banner, not a single one of the people who comes up to you and shakes your hand will be advocating the breaking down of racial barriers or intermarriage.

Every one will be demonstrating their commitment to entirely the opposite activity: to get rid of every one in the country who does not conform to their norm.

Much like your own stance, in fact.

The protest "I'm not a racist, but..." is by now a cliche. The slogan "conform or go home" that sounds so sensible in the corner of the public bar simply hides a fear of anyone who is different.

Sadly, fear has always been a great motivator by an orator of the rabble, and this is exactly what we have here. Pauline has spotted the opportunity to fan the flames of fear, and predictably pops up to push the barrow of hate and suspicion.

Utterly predictable.
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 8 December 2006 4:10:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanx Pericles, your views are always taken into consideration.
Just one point mate. You seem to have missed the symbolic aspect of having very NOTICABLE Maori helpers holding the banner.
I've actually extended this a bit further in my thinking, to include a range of races, including a black Sudanese, a Chinese/Asian and a Greek and Italian. We would all stand together and hand out explanitory pamphlets which provide a web site or email address for people to ask further questions.

These days Pericles, the key is GET THEIR ATTENTION and stand out somehow in an ideologically competitive environment. Sure.. some reactionary people would just jump to the nearest conclusion and run with that.. bit its ok.

Keep up with the helpful advice and I'll keep on thinking about it.
cheers
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 8 December 2006 8:07:15 PM
While I'm not a particular fan of Pauline, I hope she does come back, with others, to inject some interest into Australian politics. The sameness of Labor and the Coaltion and their refusal to listen to citizens has returned since her departure last time.

And, of course, the left needs somebody to hate.

While I quite like Asians - they at least share a region with us - I totally agree with her on Muslims - mainly Arabs - and Africans. I don't think for one minute that the Africans coming here have AIDS, of course. Pauline still needs to think about her intemperate speech.
I don't think Africans are suitable migrants for Australia, end of story.

Yes. I hope Pauline does return. I also hope that the Australia First Party starts running candidates in state and federal elections.

We need options in Australia like never before.
Posted by Leigh, Saturday, 9 December 2006 9:18:52 AM
Leigh..I'm going to try to contact her and act as her 'advisor' :)

I suggest that when she is asked specific questions like "Would you deny Muslims access to Australia" ? her ONLY and REPEATED response should be:

"Immigration should be based on Environmental and population sustainablity along with the framework of:
Cultural compatability
Social Cohesian
Political Stability"

If she answer JUST like that each and every time some mongrel lefty journo gets in her face, she might do a lot better :)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 9 December 2006 10:39:26 AM
David,

I hope that you do that. Your contentions are always logical and unassailable to all but the left wing idealogues.

Ms. Hanson's detractors, always keen to protect all sorts of losers and bumblers in society (as long as they agree with the left), make much of her lack of formal education and her trouble with expressing herself, the cowardly elitists. Putting people down by dragging up things that have nothing to do with person's real worth seems to be the main weapon of the left media.

Cheers,
Posted by Leigh, Sunday, 10 December 2006 10:09:34 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy