The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Politics of Kev and Benny

The Politics of Kev and Benny

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Peter the Believer,

An interesting post. I’m not sure that I see a place for religion, but the reference points up the seriousness of the total lack of credence people have given to the religious war being waged against the West by Islam. There’s no hope of cooperation from a very large percentage of the world’s population.

The current G8 talk-fest, and those before it; the fighting between states and federal governments in Australia, even with the same brand of politics; the lack of uniformity of law throughout Australia. These things and many other disagreements show the up the fantasy of world government for what it is.

ASymeonakis,

You are a dreamer with no evidence to back up your claims for a brave new world. Just because the THINK things could be better doesn't make it so. Your ideas sound very much like the political rhetoric we get before elections - throw away promises with no evidence base.

Horus,

And, there are already too many of these undeveloped, backward countries who can’t run their own affairs, having a say in the UN. Wouldn’t it be good to have no-hoper, greedy despots as part of a world government!
Posted by Leigh, Saturday, 11 July 2009 10:30:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If the likes of David Rockerfeller,George Souris, Henry Kissenger have their New Wold Order,then say goodbye to any freedom you have left.It will not be a Democratic NWO but run by Global Corporate powers.If they are going to have a new world currency,then it must by owned by everyone,meaning neither the Global Reserve Banks,IMF or the World Bank own it.

What we do is make every person on the planet a shareholder in the creation of the money supply and the profits go back to them.Then you will have something approaching democracy.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 11 July 2009 12:29:10 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Leigh is a paragon of conservative political correctness. Hit him with an easy fact that destroys his argument, and he dismisses it as fiction, then follows up with a pious and completely unsubstantiated opinion which he expects will be accepted as gospel.

Clearly, he doesn't even expect to be able to carry an argument based on evidence, so this thread amounts to "everyone tell me how great my opinions are, and I'll plug my ears when someone points out that they're based on rubbish."

Everyone Google "The New American Century" and tell Leigh just how "whacko" and unrelated to the Bush administration it is. And stick around, because it's only a matter of time before he tries to argue that the moon is made of cheese, and that all evidence to the contrary is the product of fringe internet loonies.
Posted by Sancho, Saturday, 11 July 2009 1:13:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*THE ONLY WAY FOR HUMANS TO STAY ALIVE IS THE SPACE*

Deary me, what a frigging bunch of dreamers :)

Antonious, before you go dreaming about space, perhaps we should
start with looking after the one planet which we now have.

Nearly all the problems you list are tied up with an unsustainably
rising population. Solve that one, the rest kind of falls into
place. That is mankinds downfall. We think we can dominate
nature, rather then live sustainably as part of nature. It will
also be our downfall. Never mind, one day the planet will spin
with cockroaches and ants on board. Human history will have been
one of a species with a larger brain, able to invent new things,
but too stupid to look after what was there, sustainably.

World Govt? You have got to be kidding! The UN shows just how
useless we are at agreeing on anything. Just imagine, when
1000 million Chinese outvote 20 million Australians, they will want
their iron ore for nothing, for Australians are better off then
the Chinese, will be the claim. The tyranny of the majority will
not solve anything, so keep dreaming children, it ain't going to
happen.
Posted by Yabby, Saturday, 11 July 2009 2:40:32 PM
Dear Leigh,

You remind me of my father so much, ( and I
miss him dreadfully). He was also a very
conservative man, like you. And I learned so
much from him. We didn't agree with quite a
few things - but I respected him and his views.

As for my
political persuasion? I'm not sure where I'd
fit in - I tend to vary, depending on the issues.
I think that the main reason I objected to your
use of differentiating people politically - is
that I don't like labels. Most people I know
don't usually fit into one specific category.

Anyway, thanks for acknowledging my love of reading,
and for this thread. It's always interesting to read
a wide variety of opinions - especially on political
topics.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 11 July 2009 3:34:41 PM
Yabby
"Just imagine, when 1000 million Chinese outvote 20 million Australians, they will want their iron ore for nothing. I thought that NOW Chinese take our iron ore for nohing!"
Do not worry an international government will not underestimate or ignore the local interests and worries. Do you see what happened in European union? We can find the right way to solve this kind of conflicts.
"The tyranny of the majority will not solve anything"
Realy! Do you prefer in australia to transfer the power to aborigines and avoid the tyrany of majority?
"Antonious, before you go dreaming about space, perhaps we should
start with looking after the one planet which we now have"
WE, THE HOMO IDIOTS HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO PROTECT THE LIFE OF OUR PLANET AND WE WILL DO IT, THE ONLY SURE WAY IS THE SPACE!
The largest mass extinction to have affected life on Earth was in the Permian-Triassic, which ended the Permian period 250 million years ago and killed off 90% of all species.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_event#Recent_pre-historic_impact_events
"We're looking for the killer asteroid" Heasley told the committee that the National Academy of Sciences created at Congress' request.
http://www.physorg.com/news149091961.html
Sudan asteroid was spotted 20 hours before it
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/03/meteorite/
AIAA recommends that the following steps be taken to protect the Earth from NEO impacts:
http://www.planetarydefense.info/resources/pdf/Asteroids-Final.pdf
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Saturday, 11 July 2009 6:42:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy