The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Making a profit

Making a profit

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Today I went to the local service station to swap my 9Kg BBQ gas bottle, and left in a state of mild shock after handing over $35. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I used to refill my bottle for around 1/2 that price, but to do that now I must travel past 3 suburbs. Pity I left it a bit late.

I could not help but notice LPG was selling at the bowser for around $0.53 that day, making 9Kg worth about $9.16. Same product, same location, same time, put into a similarly shaped container I supplied. $9.16 versus $35. Now that boys and girls, is how you make a profit.
Posted by rstuart, Sunday, 19 April 2009 10:27:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rstuart, you are very right.

It is called 'convenience' and it is evrywhere we look today.

A baker buys a kilo of mince for about $5.00, then makes 28 to 30 pies at about $3.80 each.

You can also buy a kilo of potatoes for about $3.00, or you can buy pre-prepares roasting potatoes at about 10 times the price.

But do you know what realy urkes me. Often your bottle is not completely empty yet you get charges for a full 9 kilos. Even if you have it filled.

Why is this not looked at by the accc or weights and measures. They fine me if I forget to tare of a 10 gram meat tray.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 20 April 2009 5:41:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rstuart,

Could this apparent profiteering be a form of 'corporal punishment', perhaps?

See this post: http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=2645#59586

It reveals the Chevron Corporation to be the largest holder of Australia's natural gas resources, as well as being THE WORLD'S LARGEST PRODUCER OF GEOTHERMAL ENERGY.

It seems in the push to 'privatise' the generation and distribution of electricity in Australia, and in the touted encouragement of a move to sustainable energy, nobody sees 'Big Oil' coming, or dominating public policy.

It seems that by virtue of your recent purchase you may now be 'full bottle' as to knowledge of how Australians will soon come to fare under the terms of the various government sell-outs.
Posted by Forrest Gumpp, Monday, 20 April 2009 7:25:14 AM
It's even worse that that, rehctub. I have 3 9kg bottles which emptied completely and weighed before filling. None of them contained even cose to 9kg of gas, with the heaviest containing only 8.2kg and the lightest just 7.9kg. It wasn't the vendor's fault, as I know they were filled to capacity, but the actual volume of the containers was inadequate top hold the rated weight.

I presume it has something to do with the temperature and hence density of the gas at the time of dispensing. If the cylinder is rated at Standard temperature and pressure and the dispensing container is sitting in the sun at (say) 35C, the density of the gas will be significntly reduced.

I guess that weights and measures have never received a complaint, or they've put it in the too-hard basket.
Posted by Antiseptic, Monday, 20 April 2009 7:30:03 AM
It takes about 10 minutes for an attendant to fill a bottle.The real price should be around $20.00.You will find some big hardware stores doing it for around $25.00.Yep it's a rip off considering we sell it to China for a few cents a litre.We need more competition in the energy sector but no Govt has the guts to take the big boys on.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 20 April 2009 7:34:20 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
look be gratefull your fiat money buys ANYTHING..soon we get hyper inflation,because the banking cartel is issueing ever more debt,so you want proof?

extracted from
http://www.infowars.com/the-tower-of-basel-secretive-plans-for-the-issuing-of-a-global-currency/

The apex of the system was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel,..Switzerland,..a private bank owned and controlled by the world’s central banks which were themselves private corporations.”

The key to their success,said Quigley,was that the international bankers would control and manipulate the money system's via fed reserves while letting it appear to be controlled by the government.

The statement echoed an often-quoted one made by the German patriarch of what would become the most powerful banking dynasty in the world...Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild famously said in 1791:

“Allow me to issue and control a nation’s currency, and I care not who makes its laws.”

Mayer’s five sons were sent to the major capitals of Europe..London, Paris,Vienna,Berlin and Naples..–with the mission of establishing a banking system that would be outside government control.

The economic and political systems of nations would be controlled not by citizens but by bankers,..for the benefit of bankers.

Eventually,a privately-owned“central bank”was established in nearly every country;..and this central banking system has now gained control over the economies of the world...Central banks have the authority to print money in their respective countries,and it is from these banks that governments must borrow money to pay their debts and fund their operations.

The result is a global economy in which not only industry but government itself runs on“credit”(or debt)created by a banking monopoly headed by a network of private central banks;.and at the top of this network is the BIS,the“central bank of central banks”..fed of feds..Behind the Curtain

For many years the BIS kept a very low profile,operating behind the scenes in an abandoned hotel.It was here that decisions were reached to devalue or defend currencies,fix the price of gold,regulate offshore banking,and raise or lower short-term interest rates.

In 1977,however,the BIS gave up its anonymity..

..continued at link

spend while it still gets you real goods..lol..soon it wil be worth nothing
Posted by one under god, Monday, 20 April 2009 7:48:52 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy