The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Smart democracy

Smart democracy

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
I'd like to propose that a better system of democracy than the one we have now would comprise both a men and a women's legislature, which would be presided over by elders. There would also be courts of women's and men's jurisdiction. Comments?
Posted by whistler, Thursday, 26 March 2009 9:31:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That doesn't seem like a good idea to me, hard to say why though, beyond the fact that democracy was meant to be inclusive, not divisive. Where would you draw the lines? Would you then not be open to other groups demanding separate courts and legislatures? Where would the gay community fit? I can just imagine the laws and decisions a little "queen" would suffer under in a system like that! In a clash of intent, who would win? How would you pick the "Elders"? How would appeals work, against a decision of the Elders? I could see a gradual process of antagonism developing under such a system too, between the two genders, hardly conducive to overall happiness. Just my opinion.
Posted by Maximillion, Thursday, 26 March 2009 1:19:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
absent!
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 26 March 2009 2:45:03 PM
Dear whistler,

I don't know how relevant this website
will be to what you have in mind, but
I came across it while scrawling the web:

http://2mf.net/archive3.htm

It looked interesting.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 26 March 2009 6:03:53 PM
Hasn't this topic been done to death already?
Posted by pelican, Thursday, 26 March 2009 6:24:24 PM
Yes, pelican. Been there, done that.

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=2522

I'm surprised OLO's giving him another run at it so soon.

Yawn.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 26 March 2009 8:03:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy