The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Julia Gillard for PM

Julia Gillard for PM

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
like that post, Julia is doing very well, she always has.
She will not now or ever lead the party, she came from the left and seems to have changed sides.
The ALP even if it did so in NSW is unlikely to elect a left leader.
Rudd is doing just as well and he has the job for a very long time.
He has much more talent that some would wish to admit and once again I highlight Bill Shorten is there still.
Hockey, any one see the resemblance to a school yard bully? day of yesterday saw him smirking and behaving badly in the house, no way to win Friends.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 3 December 2008 4:05:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay,
Well said. I agree its important for a PM to travel but Rudd tripping around throwing our hard earned taxes away is beyond the PALE.

Can someone tell me why we would want to lend our neighbours over 3 BILLION dollars- With No account of WHERE its to be spent required.
Rudds not the first PM to give out our money with no enquiry Mind you .
Nobody asked US where to spend OUR funds~

At a time like this we would have been far better had Rudd loaned it to our states for roads schools etc.

They say this money from Rudd was very welcome after their recent rejection from a Russian Bank to loan them the same amount for fire arms.

Blimey- what else did you promise KEV?
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 13 December 2008 9:10:24 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ABC-Radio-National-Counterpoint's Michael Duffy & Paul Comry-Thomson interview political-journalists; Samantha Maiden & Michael Brissenden:

Political-Performance-2008

"Michael Brissenden: ... has to be Julia. ... Julia Gillard has been outstanding throughout the year and... every time she's given the opportunity to step up to the plate she does it with such relish. She absolutely murders it, she loves it, she's all over it. ... one of the difficulties for her is ... that the economic story has been so big and she's been out of that story. Even-so, she has made such an impact whenever she's had an opportunity to either inject herself into that story or make her own portfolio relevant, and she's done it with forensic-lust.

Michael Duffy: ... we have a distinct winner ... obviously Julia Gillard for Best Parliamentary Performer. For the Best-Shadow-Minister we're a bit all over the place. ... would each of you like to nominate a Best Minister? Starting with you, Sam.

Samantha Maiden: ... Lindsay Tanner is really interesting and I think he's taken with great gusto and passion to the role of being the razor-gang-man, so I'd probably got for Lindsay Tanner.

Michael Duffy: I'm glad you mentioned him. I can remember when they were in opposition he seemed to be a real up-and-comer and then he just seemed to go a bit quiet for a while but he's certainly come back with a vengeance now. Michael?

Michael Brissenden: I'd have to agree, ... Lindsay Tanner is by far and away the...apart from Julia Gillard, ... he is really across the brief, and you don't get the feeling when he stands up at the despatch box that he's going to let anything loose go, that he's going to in any way not be across what he's talking about. He responds from interjections from the other side with vigour and confidence... compared to Wayne Swan, who ... has improved a lot....But you still do get the impression when he stands up at the despatch box that he's sometimes not fully engaged, whereas you never get that impression with Lindsay Tanner."

Counterpoint - amazing.

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/counterpoint/stories/2008/2440424.htm
Posted by Fractelle, Sunday, 14 December 2008 9:56:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy