The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Julia Gillard for PM

Julia Gillard for PM

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Examinator,

see http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=8229#128741
Posted by RobP, Monday, 1 December 2008 2:01:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks RobP,

much appreciated
Posted by examinator, Monday, 1 December 2008 2:19:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Julia Gillard for PM?

My goodness that's jumping the gun
a bit isn't it?

Let the current PM serve out his full term
(before criticizing him). Although, it usually
takes two terms to achieve anything substantial.

I see Julia Gillard as a very capable MP.
She must be doing something right. She's
held the seat of Lalor since 1998.

But I can't see her as PM.

At least not yet.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 1 December 2008 6:32:46 PM
I'm stirring the pot as usual.A couple of red wines helped.Really Kevin is just a bureaucrat in a Prime Minister facade.There is no conviction or substance to the man.

Julia Gillard has really surprised me.She not only is hard working but her personality and humour is starting to shine.She is showing good judgement and is remaining cool under pressure.Malcolm Turnbull looked like and chastised school boy in Parliament the other day.

Julia's got more balls than Kevin could muster in his most titillating forerays into his illusion of being a political statesman of world renoun.It will take a lot more than fluent Mandarin to impress the likes of Hu Jing Tao.You only have to study the body language of Kevin,the synchronised digital language with hand gestures so fluent,they are detached from any sense of purpose or passion.

This is not a man that has a new constructive vision for ordinary Aussies.This is a man who wants to be famous for being famous.Even Paris Hilton can do a better job in that domain.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 1 December 2008 7:38:03 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
After winning an election [unknown to us all ] at the worst possible time to be in government.
Australia in the polls says clearly they are still happy with the result.
Yet we see posts like the first three?
Notice anything about them?
Unfounded and unbalanced they could have come out of the tactical plan of our opposition or its hit squad.
Opposition for the sake of it near deliberate lies in the vain hope some mud will stick.
Opposing even actions this opposition if in government would without doubt do its self.
While it may be a plan rather than doing nothing it is wrong, for the coalition and the country.
Policy's only policy's, can return voters to conservative ranks.
Every battle starts with one step, Turnbull must start his march by stopping this rubbish.
He is the right man for his job, but he has not yet begun to show it, he is in real danger of showing he can not do his job.
His deputy now has her partys knives in her back, has she earned them by using the most negative and near lies as her only weapons?
I think so, others too.
If my ALP serves a third term it will partly be because the born to rule conservatives are taking too long to learn from their defeat.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 2 December 2008 5:54:58 AM
Arjay,
Call me simple but the majority of Australians want a PM to be a good administrator and not 'frighten the horses' with precipitous actions.
Otherwise the most successful electioneering ads wouldn't focus on 'hands you can trust' 'can we afford the others' et al.

It is a logical fact that the more people party to a compromise the more centralist and slower the result is...offends no one.

Consequently Rudd will hasten slowly on changes slowly and rightly so.
Julia is playing a role time will tell with both. Their balancing act is to take the people with them walking frames and all. Like trying to punch trough a highly viscus solution.

All this hype that Rudd's mandate is (support) for wholesale radical change is wishful thinking by ideologically biased individuals. O positions don't win elections Governments lose them.
Howard developed hubris confusing his ideological ‘legacy’ with what his job really was.
Consequently Rudd will hasten slowly on changes slowly and rightly so.
Julia is playing a role time will tell for both.
Posted by examinator, Tuesday, 2 December 2008 8:24:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy