The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Selling the Country

Selling the Country

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
In addition to the humpback whales and their use of the Kimberley region as a feeding, resting and calving site selection, prior to migrating to Antarctica, the entire coast from Broome around to Wyndham is part of an extensive fringing reef system, and is fed into by magnificent wild rivers.

The mining for gas off the Kimberleys by Woodside assisted by the Japanese company, Inpex's proposition to locate a gas processing facility in Darwin, will pose some serious environmental problems.

The majestic Kimberley is one of the world’s last great wilderness regions. This pristine area rich in culture, heritage and biodiversity is Australia’s last untouched frontier.

The Northern Territory has the beautiful Kakadu National Park, already ecologically compromised by the mining of uranium.

Overall, the state of WA is in a bad way - particularly its waterways. Last week, alarm bells rang over the serious depletion of lobster stocks with few babies to be seen. Recent concerns by government officials were expressed over the drastic depletion of other fish species - from the South to as far north as Exmouth.

The major rivers (Swan and Canning) in the metropolitan areas of Perth are constantly placed on life support and must be injected with oxygen.

Mass seabird deaths continue - shearwaters, cormorants, seagulls.

The South West of WA is now recognised as one of the planet's most threatened ecological hotspots.

The Woodside and Inpex project will be an economic fillip for WA and the NT but in which decade shall we discover that money can't be eaten?
Posted by dickie, Saturday, 27 September 2008 11:25:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Japan needs to take responsibility for its past. It has not. The Japanese are about the most racist nation on the face of the earth. Try reading about the Nanking massacre for which they have not taken responsibility. Yes I do have items made in Asian countries but that is because Australia's manufacturing industry base has been destroyed by foreign competition Their prices are lower and their profit margin higher because they subject their own people to appalling working conditions. As a former officer I the ABS I watched the rapid decline of our value adding and technologically advanced industries.
I am not a racist. I have lived and worked in Asia, most particularly Malaysia. There I witnessed the "bumiputrisation" of that nation and the terrible racism directed against the Indian and ethnic Chinese population. We attempted to resist this trend by encouraging technically skilled Indian women to advance in the oil and gas company Petronas carigali., without success. if you wany to find prejudice look elsewhere. I at least know what is involved in constucting an LNG train and I know the envirinmental sensitivity of the region proposed for "deveolopment". I hoe you will do the research and then apologise for your remarks.
Posted by orlando55, Sunday, 28 September 2008 4:54:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Actually Im not racist but I do know what has been going on.
Bit by bit we, the world, is losing out to Islam.
Here in Australia it creeps through the suburbs with its Australian part in the global plan...petitioning for more room for mosques and schools.
Soon they will be into parliament...for this is their gaol.

In Britain its bad. The Brits are losing all that God Raised them to be... street by street... and theres nothing they seem to be able to do about it.
They have to shut the doors to Islamic immigration to stop the forward movement of Islam and her extremists.

Ive been to the lectures and Ive heard the truth.

The asian races by nature through their worship, that of demons and false eastern religions, are amoral.

Life is dirt cheap in most asian nations.

We've seen this with the way China treats her own people (Tiananmen Square), Falum Gong (cutting their kidneys out), the born again christians (killing them and putting them in prison), the way the Chinese abuses the Tibetans, etc.
Japan lies her head off and slaughters the whales and the dolphins to squeeze them into cans for rotten money...and calls it research when we all know its totally, absolutely totally, unecessary.
The Malaysian timber cartels are raping the South Pacific of its forests. Soon the wonderful forests of the Pacific will be gone forever.
The Indonesian slaughter their own born again christians, rape them, cut their limbs off, murder them, and the police and government encourages it when the pogroms are moving forward...and you say the asians are not amoral?
I really find most modern young Australians weak and mostly useless to this nations defence against what is obviously evil.
What a shock most of you young people are going to face when the asian dragons get moving south later on.
Posted by Gibo, Sunday, 28 September 2008 6:17:19 PM
Gibo: << Actually Im not racist but I do know what has been going on.

[...]

The asian races by nature through their worship, that of demons and false eastern religions, are amoral. >>

Gibo, given that you write racist rubbish like that above, what makes you think you're not racist?
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 28 September 2008 6:43:11 PM
Remember Eddie Booth from Love Thy Neighbour? He wasn't racist either, he just didn't like people who were black.
Posted by Steel Mann, Monday, 29 September 2008 8:32:10 AM
Gibo

<<The asian races by nature through their worship, that of demons and false eastern religions, are amoral.>>

Asian races?
By nature?
Worship?
Demons?
False eastern religions?
Amoral?

Apart from those few quibbles, I agree with every word in your sentence.

Actually Im not racist either Gibo. But you do meet a better class of equine at Flemington. This year I'l be whining and dhining in the Emirates horsepitality tent. I'll put in a word for you. It's a great place for picking up conspiracies (from the horses' mouth).
Posted by Spikey, Monday, 29 September 2008 9:49:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy