The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Could communism be big again...and spread to Australia?

Could communism be big again...and spread to Australia?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
When the Berlin Wall went down we thought it was all over.
I did.
China I knew would probably continue on because well... China is China and she does what she wants.
Now a new Prime Minister... and he speaks Mandarin and he is friendly towards China.
More so than the previous government whose decisions I respected greatly and who generally kept China out beyond arms length.
Yet something worries me about the present two-way chit-chat with Beijing.
Im concerned we are not doing the right and wise thing...my thoughts are scattered, uncongealed.
Could we, if we were not very careful, be openning doors down the timeline for a future style of Australian government of a type we would once have found abhorent?
Are there any safeguards from within that check our moves as we come alongside a totalitarian government.
Intelligence people seem so tied up these days with the terrorism concept...I wouldnt ask of them.
Does someone watch the little steps we make each day, in the many diplomatic directions?
Do watchers watch the watchers who watch all of the rest?
Id like to know of a think tank that is accepted as reliable, one or more, so I can follow their reports.
Can you assist?
Posted by Gibo, Sunday, 1 June 2008 6:33:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bored with the Muslims Gibo?.
Posted by StG, Monday, 2 June 2008 8:44:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Didnt know you were on-fire for Islam StG?
Would you have Australia under their law?
Australian women treated like they treat their own women?

You didnt add to the thread StG.

Come on what are your thoughts on the closeness with China?
Do you think if we go to her often enough, we might bring back a bit of the old red infection and that might quietly spread and become future government?
My thoughts run along that line.
What would be worse... the slow creep of Islam one day becoming a real threat to democracy... or Red China successfully planting her ideology here.
Is anyone watching the dance with China... and where it could go?

Never heard an academic speak out yet a common man can see the troubles of rubbing against an old calsomine wall.

YOU PICK UP THE CALSOMINE!
Posted by Gibo, Monday, 2 June 2008 9:41:05 AM
Mate, I know you've got this long held prehistoric thought process of 'if you hang out with it you become it' hysteria. Like with Muslims, Homo-cough-sexuals, Communists, Lefties, Emo's, Feminists, under 50's, Women, Foreign-cough-cough-ers, Catholics, Jews etc etc. Now don't get me wrong Gibo, I'm not suggesting you're a bigot...ok, I am, I guess, and a book burning ignorant to boot, but maybe talking with the people you fear may actually create an avenue to negotiate change in THEIR prehistoric thought processes. Instead of wiping them off your 'things to do list', you should communicate and gain understanding of what they're all about.....actually about, not uneducated, bigoted, fear, about. Communism isn't a virus, Captain 60's. We aren't gonna contract it, like malaria.
Posted by StG, Monday, 2 June 2008 9:53:02 AM
Could communism be big again...and spread to Australia?

In the world according to Col Rouge:

YES, if we start cooperating with each other and living sustainably.

Man, am I gonna get flamed for that.

;-)
Posted by Fractelle, Monday, 2 June 2008 10:21:58 AM
No offence Gibo, but what you know about China is even less reliable than your dissertations on the flying saucer menace.

Tell me. Have you ever been there, or do you prefer to remain safely ignorant?
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Monday, 2 June 2008 10:26:16 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy