The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Oil prices and the party/Government Monopoly

Oil prices and the party/Government Monopoly

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I deleted Stuart's posts because I thought that they had gone beyond what was acceptable. He appeared to me to be calling Belly a paedophile. The issue of the ALP and paedophilia is intriguing at one level and distressing for many ALP members at another. I think it degrades the forum substantially to draw a link between the behaviour of some ALP members and the party and everyone associated with it as well although there has been a number of prominent convictions in Queensland as well as this now in NSW.

It's possible to express outrage without being abusive.
Posted by GrahamY, Sunday, 25 May 2008 6:10:58 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay, OTOH its not that difficult to switch to gas either, tens of
thousands have done it and benefit every day. We don't live in a
perfect world, life is full of compromises.

Yes, oil and gas prices are linked and as energy gets more scarce,
will be even more linked. The thing is Australia has huge volumes
of gas, not of oil.

Just the recent development of coal seam gas is huge. Companies like
Arrow, Origin, Santos and others, are all developing it. But its
being developed for export from Gladstones, not for locally, as there
is not the demand. That is a real shame, as there would be more then
enough gas there, to power all your vehicles in the East and not
be dependant on the ME in the future.

An interesting interview on the ABC the other night. It seems the
ME might not have the reserves they claim to have, so with world
demand rising, the wheels could fall off the oil cart, earlier then
we think.

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2008/s2252539.htm

Its a real shame that Origin might now be sold to the British.
Great Australian company with heaps of gas reserves. No doubt the
super funds who own most of the shares, will take the money and run.
That gas will then power Singapore, the way things look.
Posted by Yabby, Sunday, 25 May 2008 8:56:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
LPG is not yet dead we should consider it again in fact it is a crime against us all that our governments have not.
We pay far less tax on LPG and why should we pay more?
We export more of it than we use and at less than half the price we retail it for.
Our balance of payments would be reduced by so very much , we would even gain time to develop new fuels.
Is it the trillions of dollars invested in oil that stops true progress?
Lets look at my work car 350.000 klm no motor breakdowns LPG only factory fitted.
Less than $60 to fill, more than 600 klm on a tank.
Runs as well as petrol it truly does not in any way unreliable this petrol head knows cars it is as good as any.
Motor is better they just run forever , why not do what Brazil has done but with LPG?
Use LPG do not raise tax's make new car that run on LPG law, give further tax breaks to make it worth while to trade in old petrol cars.
This country needs leadership that has the guts to be inventive.
One under God I withdraw my concerns at who you are and excerpt you as you are.
A long history of disputes you know nothing of has ended I Will avoid Stu every time.
But with great pride say I am both unionist and ALP member forever.
And as much an enemy of pedophiles and those who miss use My party from within as any man.
Has anyone any doubts such filth live in every movement every party?
Posted by Belly, Monday, 26 May 2008 8:26:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly:
I find your statements re LPG quite interesting! Unfortunately I drive a Honda CRV which because of the "I don`t know why I bought a car with such a big boot!" (Honda advertising) I simply do NOT have enough room to fit the neccesary gas tank, and believe me when I say that there is NOT enough room in the boot now, without any extra loss of space!....(the only reason that I bought a CRV was because of the height factor,....at the time I had a wrecked hip-joint. ....and NOT because of the AWD.....in fact the vehicle has never been used for off-roading ( apart from navigating my property driveway, which is unsealed dirt and gravel!)

I did note that "O.U.G" mentioned the "Joe Cell"! I remember reading in the Nexus Magazine (which I read every page in every issue!) ....about an article which explained and gave the details of a carburettor (cell) which extracted the Hydrogen gas from plain old water, by the passing of an electric current through the water and collecting the Hydrogen gas for injection into the engine! The major stumbling block was that the engine would require Stainless Steel Valves, Valve Seats and Piston assemblies!
After reading this and obviously being still somewhat naive thought that if this thing worked, surely the Motor Vehicle Manufacturers would be building them into their new vehicles! .....HO! HO! HO!....I now realise that we might see something along these lines when water reaches the same price as Gasoline,...which I don`t think is too far away!
Remember old Joh Bjelke Petersen and his Hydrogen car!.....was he wrong?
Posted by Cuphandle, Monday, 26 May 2008 8:55:30 AM
cup handle
i have an lpg vehicle and dont understand why rudd dosnt ORDER ALL new vehicles to run on lpg [also with no problems]

Ok the moter-companies building them ARE OWNED by the oil industry ,

BUT thats why we have govt ,govt can easilly mandate it [but are sold out to serve the same petro oil /chemical lobby]

On the joe cell , i havnt heard the issue if ss liners [but you are forgetting the oil lobby is very active about putting out MISS information about the joe cell
[joe bejeckle peterson was leaned on by the self same oil cartel lobby]

we are forgetting how much the industry is making from selling us cancer causing petro chemical's [look up micro particulate and benzine [that are the biggest causes of cancer ,

[and note the curing of cancer/arthritus , add and many other diseases with the drug thc
[found on the plant wrongly called marijuana and deemed a drug [as lobbied by the same petro chemical lobby]
that allows a very real DRUG WAR to be declared on its own citizens by the very govt that is meant to protect them.

Noting hemp [cannabis /thc ,;marijuanna has NEVER caused a death

that the studies so popular to run in the media are all so flawed by bias and low numbers [usually not even including non dope smokers ,BUT specificilly including pre-egsitant diseases] , that then can be 'found' and be blamed on hemp
Posted by one under god, Monday, 26 May 2008 2:03:05 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
sorry about your car Cuphandle it is a common fault I drive a ford sedan so have a smaller boot.
I challenge the idea car company's are owned by the oil industry but some may be.
If just one statement from the Prime Minister came out saying no increases in the tax on LPG for ten years?
Bet we would find smaller LPG cars making big inroads into oil.
The western world runs on mass sales and if we had real discounts in fuels any fuels at the right price we would see some one fill the market.
Australia if every one of us overnight went on to LPG would have zero effect on worlds oil prices but it sure would help our balance of payments
Posted by Belly, Monday, 26 May 2008 5:51:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy