The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The power of indoctrination

The power of indoctrination

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
I think I'm going to puke.

"American Idol" + Coca-Cola + Jesus = Chunder.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 11 May 2008 8:54:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CJ,
Haven't been around OLO much lately so can't remember where you posted your email address. If you contact me at faedoh@gmail.com I'll give you the blog address you intimated you might like to read.
Posted by Romany, Monday, 12 May 2008 3:43:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Haralambos,
I note you have a destructive attitude toward social order, laws and discipline that assists a diverse society to cooperate peacefully.

You are not more than an anachist in your world view, and in our ordered society a criminal for undermining good relationships based in social accepted boundaries. The reality is: human maturity is the application of self denial and the sacrifice for the wellbeing of the greater good. When you establish a great society that follows your principles there will be boundaries (laws), social values (disciplines), and self denial (living with conscience). Any other society will be based in greed and self destruction.
Posted by Philo, Tuesday, 13 May 2008 10:02:50 AM
totally confused by:

"You are not more than an anachist in your world view, and in **our ordered society** a criminal for undermining good relationships based in social accepted boundaries. The reality is: human maturity is the application of self denial and the sacrifice for the wellbeing of the greater good. When you establish a great society that follows your principles there will be boundaries (laws), social values (disciplines), and self denial (living with conscience). Any other society will be based in **greed and self destruction**."

are you talking of the same society, ie the Howard/Bush greed and self destruction, use all the oil and blow the sh** out or Iraq to get more type one, as being the **Ordered society**

not the sort of order I like
Posted by Divorce Doctor, Tuesday, 13 May 2008 12:12:11 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'From the moment we're born, society's rules and regulations are imposed upon us. What this means, is that our thoughts and actions are not our own. Therefore, the majority of the population remains unaware of who they really are, and how they live." - H.

I think you touch on issue that is debated more often than you suggest, "nature vs. nurture", socliology, anthropology and political economics. Perhaps, as block these disciplines do have a left wing slant, but with the exemption PE not necesarily so. It is one thing to say the peole need arrest/control power hungary politicians, but, to say we are lost or we need anarchy [Philio's impression of you] is exaggeration, a disportionate perspective, I suggest, with respect.

Toynbee cited 23 civilizations. Why do they fall in the more ancient ones. Perhaps the people are in cities and these folks are attacked by less advanced mobile barbarians tribes [Goths vs. Romans]. But, more significantly, it what happens is the rich and power try to maintain the status quo when the environment has changed.

What is important is, that, there is separation of powers. Church/State: Police/Judges: Corporations/Persons: The Monied/Politicians ...

I fear we have a big problem with latter. Moreover, I am supporter of citizen referenda and the potential mid-term ostacization of political leader [not necesarily the party]. Perhaps, since WWII, we have been drifting away from intensifing democracy and enhancing state capitalism. The Marshall Plan set-up the foundation for transnationals.

I have no problem with capitalism. But companies are not people and no govenments. There place I beleive is be efficient and produce wealth, not to veto the will of the People.

As a near-Atheist I am happy for the churches to stay until we no longer require them, say in two hundred years? A near-Atheist means that I don't beleive Theists and Atheists are infalliable.
Posted by Oliver, Tuesday, 13 May 2008 12:33:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy