The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Logan, the Sky Angel Cowboy. 7million views so far

Logan, the Sky Angel Cowboy. 7million views so far

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Ive had God speak to me a few times. Its no big deal if you belong to Jesus. Christians all over the world are hearing from Him regular.
Posted by Gibo, Monday, 17 March 2008 6:43:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jeez Gibo, how do you think God's going to feel when he hears you think it's "no big deal" when he goes to all the trouble to directly communicate with you?

I just hope he doesn't read this forum.
Posted by Vanilla, Monday, 17 March 2008 6:45:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I reckon more little Christian kids should be calling radio stations just after they shot a cow. I just love listening to that stuff.
Posted by Bugsy, Monday, 17 March 2008 6:48:20 PM
I found it so cutesy sweet that the first thing I did was check it on Snopes. I can find no evidence that it is false...........yet.
Posted by Ginx, Monday, 17 March 2008 7:51:05 PM
Dear Ginxy... thats a good move.. check it out.. and why not ?

Tuckaroo.. did you note Ginx's comment?

You said:

"he's obviously a professional actor and the whole thing is a set-up, a religious scam,"

er..no. Such a thing would rebound soooo negatively it ain't funny.

Here is my take.

1/ The boy logan, rang up due to a challenging personal experience of the calf and expressed his feeling from his own faith perspective.

2/ The RADIO station.. in turn, saw this as something worthy of sharing due to the nature of the call.

3/ THEN.. the 'celebrity machine' took over.. and the rest is history.

GOD doesn't NEED 'cute tender sounding professional actors' to promote the Gospel of grace.. Nor do we need to know 'x' number of high profile sporting identities are 'Christian' to persuade us that its really 'ok' to be Christian.

All God needs, is hearts which are open to Him, wills which are steered by Him, and voices which call men and women to repentance and faith in Christ, based on His sacrificial love for all mankind. (Including Muslims and Gays)

I don't see the Logan thing as anything other than the simple faith of a young boy on a farm. It won't make a scrap of difference to the intensity or quality of my own faith, but my heart is indeed warmed by it.

If...it turned out to be some kind of 'manufactured' situation, then it wouldn't cause any problem to my faith, which is based on the life, death and resurrection of Christ Jesus, not the subjective emotional experience of a boy in Nebraska.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 18 March 2008 7:16:51 AM
I just cannot help being cynical about young Logan's call. America worships celebrity so I cannot believe this is anything other than a way to bring either a young person (Logan) to the forefront of society or some kind of organization bringing God to the fore.

I guess believing that this call is authentic means having faith which is also the basis of religion which I have a problem getting my head around at the best of times.

Sorry Boaz- I would love to believe it is true but it does leave me rather underwhelmed
Posted by TammyJo, Tuesday, 18 March 2008 10:24:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy