The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Logan, the Sky Angel Cowboy. 7million views so far

Logan, the Sky Angel Cowboy. 7million views so far

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Logan and the Calf.

This dear 13 yr old boy can probably teach us all a lot.

The video was originally posted in November last year, approx 5 months ago.
Since then, it has had 7 million viewings.. hearing it for the first time today, (after wiping away the tears).. I thought it worthwhile to share here, and to see what other opinions there are of it's content.

I'm sure there are many issues it raises, and all of us might benefit from exploring them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCdZwitrNoY
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 16 March 2008 3:01:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, David, I suppose you did hit the nail, that Logan can teach us a lot. I'm not anti-religious but this bit of garbage taught me never to trust people who write such drivel, particularly those who use and manipulate children to spread such nonsense - it is unquestionably an instance of child molestation. Please trash it before it spreads any further.
Posted by Tuckeroo, Monday, 17 March 2008 12:27:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well I thought it was lovely. All you need Tuckeroo is a vision of Jesus Christ on the Cross for your sins. It will come clear then. You will be thick in the throat from then on.
Posted by Gibo, Monday, 17 March 2008 1:54:25 PM
Dear Tuckaroo....

I anticipated a few responses like yours.. fortunately they are few and far between.

I suggest though, that to raise children with the absense of faith is much worse 'abuse'.

This was touching to millions.. I kinda think ur the odd man out here.

Yes..in a perfect world, it would be left as it was.. a touching phone call made to a radio station. But the real world tends to realize "Wow.. lots of people could be blessed by this" and bingo..its on youtube, the boy is being interviewed.. *Instant Celebrity* ... who would have thought.. just .. one... phone call.

Why not take it for what it was.. a very mature 13 yr old who has a simple loving faith in God, trying to encourage those who have lost people and animals they loved.

Tuckaroo.. try this little doozy as a contrast..and try to be thankful that this boy spoke about divine love, rather than divine hate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeTqheFnBM0&feature=related
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 17 March 2008 2:18:03 PM
I absolutely love children and will melt at any sweet innocent thing they do. However, young Logan left me cold- I felt nothing. It was far too preachy and it just does not feel right.

Here is a beautiful clip from youtube that showcases the voice of an angel. This is truly authentic and will tug at those heartstrings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc_ahz5c4-s&feature=related
Posted by TammyJo, Monday, 17 March 2008 3:05:08 PM
The poor little bugger probably needs to see a child psychiatrist - he's obviously hallucinating if he thinks he can hear God actually talking to him.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 17 March 2008 3:37:52 PM
Oh! I got some:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sJYjhvUoKg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAWXkp08RHE
Posted by Vanilla, Monday, 17 March 2008 3:40:57 PM
*preachy* ? yep.. for a moment in the call it did sound a bit that way.. but just for a moment. Most of it was beautiful. I'd guess he has had a fairly strong Christian community connection thus far, but his emphasising of the love of God, was genuine.

Psychologically, its true that in moments of high euphoria, we can all get a little 'preachy' even if its to preach against God.

We aussies should remember.. this 'IS' an American social/cultural context.

CJ.. when God 'talks' to us, by and large we GB's mean 'a sense of conviction in our hearts' rather than an audible voice but this does.
not exclude something far stronger than a 'sense' of something. I won't go futher in personal testimony or you will be all over me like that rash :)

TAMMY..I had a listen to the child singer.. she is very sweet. I'd HATE to be Simon in the judges panel, because he would know the crowd would have ripped him to bits if he had dissed her.

Both Logan and Connie, are examples of what Jesus mean't when he said "Unless you accept the kingdom of God like a child....."
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 17 March 2008 5:13:26 PM
Oi... Vanilla slice.. I had a peek at those 2, and I hope everyone else looks at them too.

You did a good job of providing the very contrast we need to see, in order to better appreciate the simple down to earth faith of Logan.

He wasn't judging anyone.. all he said was "God love you"... Phelps and gang are the opposite... now.. which 'other' faith and its practices about inculcating hate in small children does that remind us of ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeTqheFnBM0

Yep....its that one :)

I should just go the extra mile here V, and point out that you don't seem to see any difference between a child expressing love, and a child expressing hate.... maybe some serious reflection would help you in this?
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 17 March 2008 5:24:57 PM
Boazy: "Phelps and gang are the opposite... now.. which 'other' faith and its practices about inculcating hate in small children does that remind us of ?"

Yours.

Boazy: "I should just go the extra mile here V, and point out that you don't seem to see any difference between a child expressing love, and a child expressing hate.... maybe some serious reflection would help you in this?"

Uh, no, I don't have any trouble with that distinction.
Posted by Vanilla, Monday, 17 March 2008 5:31:52 PM
Joan of Arc had the same problem: the Church fixed her, good and proper. Didn't need a psychiatrist.
Posted by HenryVIII, Monday, 17 March 2008 6:13:33 PM
Okay ..... I've rethought my assessment of this kid - he's obviously a professional actor and the whole thing is a set-up, a religious scam, typical of the deception that fringe fanatical groups do to try to sell their wierd beliefs onto the susceptible ("I do looooove those innocent kids") or the needy ("I feel so bad and can't manage my life and Jesus will do it for me like he does for this lovely little kid! Hallelujah!"). I just sincerely wish the kid every success in his acting career and I hope he goes on to stardom - maybe playing some little pal of Jesus in a forthcoming Mel Gibson blood-soaked epic about yet another crucifixion.
Posted by Tuckeroo, Monday, 17 March 2008 6:33:10 PM
Ive had God speak to me a few times. Its no big deal if you belong to Jesus. Christians all over the world are hearing from Him regular.
Posted by Gibo, Monday, 17 March 2008 6:43:17 PM
Jeez Gibo, how do you think God's going to feel when he hears you think it's "no big deal" when he goes to all the trouble to directly communicate with you?

I just hope he doesn't read this forum.
Posted by Vanilla, Monday, 17 March 2008 6:45:52 PM
I reckon more little Christian kids should be calling radio stations just after they shot a cow. I just love listening to that stuff.
Posted by Bugsy, Monday, 17 March 2008 6:48:20 PM
I found it so cutesy sweet that the first thing I did was check it on Snopes. I can find no evidence that it is false...........yet.
Posted by Ginx, Monday, 17 March 2008 7:51:05 PM
Dear Ginxy... thats a good move.. check it out.. and why not ?

Tuckaroo.. did you note Ginx's comment?

You said:

"he's obviously a professional actor and the whole thing is a set-up, a religious scam,"

er..no. Such a thing would rebound soooo negatively it ain't funny.

Here is my take.

1/ The boy logan, rang up due to a challenging personal experience of the calf and expressed his feeling from his own faith perspective.

2/ The RADIO station.. in turn, saw this as something worthy of sharing due to the nature of the call.

3/ THEN.. the 'celebrity machine' took over.. and the rest is history.

GOD doesn't NEED 'cute tender sounding professional actors' to promote the Gospel of grace.. Nor do we need to know 'x' number of high profile sporting identities are 'Christian' to persuade us that its really 'ok' to be Christian.

All God needs, is hearts which are open to Him, wills which are steered by Him, and voices which call men and women to repentance and faith in Christ, based on His sacrificial love for all mankind. (Including Muslims and Gays)

I don't see the Logan thing as anything other than the simple faith of a young boy on a farm. It won't make a scrap of difference to the intensity or quality of my own faith, but my heart is indeed warmed by it.

If...it turned out to be some kind of 'manufactured' situation, then it wouldn't cause any problem to my faith, which is based on the life, death and resurrection of Christ Jesus, not the subjective emotional experience of a boy in Nebraska.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 18 March 2008 7:16:51 AM
I just cannot help being cynical about young Logan's call. America worships celebrity so I cannot believe this is anything other than a way to bring either a young person (Logan) to the forefront of society or some kind of organization bringing God to the fore.

I guess believing that this call is authentic means having faith which is also the basis of religion which I have a problem getting my head around at the best of times.

Sorry Boaz- I would love to believe it is true but it does leave me rather underwhelmed
Posted by TammyJo, Tuesday, 18 March 2008 10:24:13 AM
Glad to see some folk took up my challenge about Logan's authenticity. I don't think you need to look OUTSIDE the clip itself to see your evidence.
The whole ting is an obvious setup and the evidence for that is not EXTERNAL to it (such as that someone might "prove" that some young actor was primed to be "Logan")- no, the evidence is INTERNAL to the clip itself.
You study the clip and, if you understand enough about theatre, acting, and child development, you see immediately that:
1. The whole thing is a theatrical stunt - no child could ever have carried off such a faultless performance without being scripted and trained - right down to the last "sigh" and "sob" (!) No - It was pure theatre and anyone who thinks otherwise must never have seen anything on the stage. The same can be said to the professional actor-interviewer (who is passed off as some innocent person who was telephoned by the kid). Try the raw prawn on someone else, mate!
2. In terms of child development no child (except possibly a total genius) could ever have made the cognitive connection between his shooting of his pet cow and God's "killing" of his "own son" (forgive me but to even say that makes me want to puke - the callously bloodthirsty violent nature of X-tianity is too revolting to even talk about). No ... that level of cognitive connection is almost totally unknown in thirteen year olds (they haven't developed the capacity to make those connections), and the kid had necessarily to have been reading a script.

None of that is in the least surprising. Sects, cults and other weird religious groups have to corrupt themselves to gain converts by every means possible including telling lies, and that's normal - "par for the course" for evangelical religions.They have no truth within them, so their whole modus operandi has to be the telling of lies and half-truths.
Posted by Tuckeroo, Tuesday, 18 March 2008 5:50:30 PM
Hi Tucker....

may I refer you to my last post?

I am rather surprised by your level of cynicism... truly. To think that people would be so desperate as to invent a 'stunt' like this is bizzare.

I think your take on the incident is more a commentary on your own spiritual condition than anything else. Your mind is rather stuck in a particular mould, and because of this, you cannot detect the naturalness in the call.

What I detected is this.

1/ Genuine call
2/ In which there was a fleeting moment of 'preach' mode by Logan as he brought together his faith background to the experience, then back to normal mode. I don't think he was conscious of this, but I've seen it and even experienced it myself at times.
3/ The U.S. cultural "Celebrity Machine" took up where Logan left off.

I don't see anything much to be gained for our faith by the call, it just repeated well known ideas. I think the biggest blessing is just that people can see the simple faith of a child and be encouraged by it.

Regarding God giving His Son, in sacrificial love for mankind's sin... there is no greater expression of it. Our society is based on the idea of 'if you do the crime, you do the time.. "justice". If you had committed some horrible act .. lets say 'murdered someone..and ur looking at 20 yrs in the slammer.. would you choose "20yrs" or.. if someone offered you a way out.. that? Well.. your eternal choices are yours. No1 is going to drag you kicking and screaming to the Cross.

Our prayer is for your repentance.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 19 March 2008 6:58:39 AM
boaz, I concur with Tuckeroo. The piece is very clearly theatrics.

It lacks verisimilitude, and this kid would be more at home in some kind of fundamentalist disney film.

Boaz, there's no way it's real. It doesn't have that tinge of reality, it's just treacle.

So in response to your critique of tuckeroo:

"I am rather surprised by your level of cynicism... truly. To think that people would be so desperate as to invent a 'stunt' like this is bizzare."

What's bizarre? Youtube has all manner of orchestrated bizarre performances, and clearly, there's plenty of people out there who feel the need to push a religious wheelbarrow by whatever means they can.
There's far more bizarre stunts on youtube with much more ambiguous motivation.

"I think your take on the incident is more a commentary on your own spiritual condition than anything else."

As opposed to your spiritual gullibility? Come on, boaz, I'll concede there are reasons to have a spiritual belief set, but this hokey piece of American cheeseball theatre ain't one of em.

Listen to the music that's in the background. This is clear evidence that there has been some tampering of the phone call.

Why would it be normal for someone to add an overdone orchestral set, but abnormal for them to make a hoax performance?

Why is one level of theatrics normal, but one 'bizarre?'

This performance doesn't annoy me for it's overt fundamentalism nearly as much as it's bad directing.

As an attempt at a serious performance, this is less convincing than 'bambi.'
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Wednesday, 19 March 2008 10:01:39 AM
TRTL: "this hokey piece of American cheeseball theatre "

I want to know why Logan sounds so much like Shirley Temple.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Wednesday, 19 March 2008 10:16:17 AM
Genuine is as genuine does, BOZO.

It may not be a scam, but it IS a travesty.

What a pitiful situation that a kid should be so brainwashed and well rehearsed by so called 'responsible adults' to phone a radio station with this tripe.

Remember that young evangelist with his father, travelling around the USA, preaching religious fundamentalism? The lad was about 12, and wore an all white suit to match his pallid white face. He could not converse in anything other than the scriptures.

It was straight out child abuse.

Offering this up as a depiction of all that is good and true, is an indictment on how far YOU will go to get your message across.

(Btw; BOZO, I don't like to waste my post count responding to you, so let me tell you here that my 'green slime' comment was referring to a FROG!.....besides; the day I will take lessons from you in judgmental behaviour, is indeed the day hell freezes over).
Posted by Ginx, Wednesday, 19 March 2008 12:22:52 PM
Shirley Temple, CJ?

I thought he sounded like that kid out of American Gothic, which is funny because that was set in South Carolina, and Logan's is supposed to be from Nebraska, but he sounds southern.

It's possible that the drawl from being in a small town/farming community that he supposedly comes from sounds different to other Nebraskan accents I've heard.
Posted by Bugsy, Wednesday, 19 March 2008 5:02:16 PM
TRTL, what are you trying to tell me?

>>As an attempt at a serious performance, this is less convincing than 'bambi.'<<

Bambi... isn't a documentary?

Does this mean that the scene where Bambi's mother dies was a set-up, played out only in order to pluck at our heartstrings?

For shame.

And you are suggesting that this treacly piece of YouTubia is from the same mould?

I'm shocked. Shocked.

Just think of all those gullible folks out there, hanging their emotional hats on this sad simulation of ponderous piety, this cardboard cutout of specious sanctimony.

My heart goes out to them.
Posted by Pericles, Thursday, 20 March 2008 7:29:55 AM
YEEEHAAAAH!...I see 2 signs which encourage me :)

1/ Ginx actually showed she has a kind of almost, nearly sense of humor. (in another post)

2/ Ginx actually had the honesty to admit that thus far she has found nothing to contradict the authenticity of Logans phone call.

Sadly. others like Pericles et al.. have prejudged this issue, without knowing anything more than what they have seen/heard it appears..

Now.. *great self restraint*.. I'm NOT going to talk about bias.

I re listened to the call.. and if Logan was acting..then he deserves ALL the academy awards this year. The sense of the call is natural, and he only gets a bit 'preachy' after he has made his main point, which was to try to comfort those who suffer loss. His humility is a good lesson for us all "I've done some pretty stupid stuff"

The 'music' was added by the Radio station I'll bet.... but all this navel gazing about the 'internal evidence' .. Tuckaroo.. mate.. you need to change your tucker :) that current diet is giving you the heeby jeebies.

I never thought I'd say this, but out of all of you who are cynical, the only poster who's position deserves respect is Ginxys...because it AWAITS EVIDENCE.... now gee golly gosh.. wouldn't that be novel :)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Thursday, 20 March 2008 8:09:50 AM
Just a small correction, Boaz, not that you ever take any notice.

>>Sadly. others like Pericles et al.. have prejudged this issue, without knowing anything more than what they have seen/heard it appears<<

This is a self-contradictory statement, Boaz.

"Pre-judging" an issue would be a possible criticism if I had made my observation without listening to the piece in question. Having listened to it, however, does allow me to express an opinion on what I heard.

And that opinion remains that it was a "sad simulation of ponderous piety, [a] cardboard cutout of specious sanctimony."

Was it scripted, or was it spontaneous? I wouldn't bet on either one, because - sadly - each is as likely as the other in the ultra-religious backwaters of the US.

If scripted, it was blatant exploitation of the audience. If spontaneous, one can only feel sadness for the child's upbringing, that enables him to come out with such turgid and pretentious cant, unaided.

I'm not sure which explanation is the more nauseating.
Posted by Pericles, Thursday, 20 March 2008 8:50:52 AM
Well Perilous.. I have to agree totally about that rather self contradictory statment :) yes.. of COURSE people form opinions on what they see and hear and quite legitimiately. I should have added some limiting statement 'limited to what they saw on youtube' or something.

Never mind. 1 to you.

That the child was unscripted I think is the most reasonable and obvious conclusion.

Your assessment that if it was spontaneous it indicates a tragic situation for the childs mental state, is in complete contrast with the Lords own words "Unless you receive the kingdom of God like a child, you will not enter it".. I guess that puts you on the 'outside'.

To me..that is by far the greater (and real) tragedy.

"Behold I stand at the door knocking, to him who opens I will come in and sup with him".. said the risen Jesus (Rev 3:20)

Isn't it great that no one is beseiging your house because you 'mock' Christians and their beliefs.. no one has come back after building an army ..surrounding you, denying you trade or commodities, ready to slaughter you if you don't at least outwardly become Christian... Truly God (the True God) is Great... "Elohim Gadol" (hebrew)
(Have a read about Ta'if)
TA'IF 1 Original invasion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banu_Thaqif

TA'IF 2 History Repeats. 1210ad
http://endwahhabism.blogspot.com/2006/03/massacre-and-looting-of-muslims-of.html

Oh what a glorious contrast. "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" said Jesus..

The only 'sword' Jesus brought, was the one applied to Christian necks by unbelievers. Yes.. Pericles.. 'Christianity' as demonstrated by Christ is MUCH MUCH MUCH "better" than the violent, murderous rampaging tribes of the 'alternative claimant' to divine authority.

That a man cannot make such obvious contrasts in the name if truth, is absurd. Only willful blindness could say otherwise.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 22 March 2008 8:58:41 AM
Boazy: "Only willful blindness could say otherwise."

Or a rational mind given to objective evidence rather than credulity.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Saturday, 22 March 2008 9:12:26 AM
Beautifully expressed, as ever, Pericles.
Posted by Vanilla, Saturday, 22 March 2008 9:16:12 AM
Ah, Boaz, how easy it is to forget.

>>"no one has come back after building an army ..surrounding you, denying you trade or commodities, ready to slaughter you if you don't at least outwardly become Christian"...
The only 'sword' Jesus brought, was the one applied to Christian necks by unbelievers. Yes.. Pericles.. 'Christianity' as demonstrated by Christ is MUCH MUCH MUCH "better" than the violent, murderous rampaging tribes of the 'alternative claimant' to divine authority<<

Your suggestion is that no-one has ever tried to "persuade" anyone to convert to Christianity by force.

As usual, you ignore the Crusades.

Isaac of Etoile wrote in regards to the Knights Hospitaller:

"This dreadful new military order that someone has rather pleasantly called the order of the fifth gospel was founded for the purpose of forcing infidels to accept the faith at the point of the sword. Its members consider that they have every right to attack anyone not confessing Christ's name, leaving him destitute, whereas if they themselves are killed while thus unjustly attacking the pagans, they are called martyrs for the faith."

Oops.

Oh, then there was Spain.

"The Visigoths invaded Spain in roughly 400 CE, introducing Christianity into the area - a particularly intolerant form of Christianity. One rule after another decimated the Jewish communities through dispossession, forced conversion, enslavement, and slaughter. As well as the texts of the actual laws, some anti-Jewish polemics by Isidore, the archbishop of Seville, still survive."

http://www.geocities.com/jewishwarriors/spain1.html

Not to mention the enforced conversion of an entire country, Lithuania, after it had been besieged for by the Teutonic Order for the best part of the fourteenth century. The Teutonic Order were, as we know, acting under orders from Pope John XXII to conquer lands and enforce the adoption of Christianity.

It is so much easier to ignore unpleasant facts, is it not, Boaz?
Posted by Pericles, Saturday, 22 March 2008 9:48:26 AM
Pericles.. you are still driving the literary car which is really way past due for a major overhaul.

I did not suggest that certain UN-Biblical events have taken place in the period after Christ. I've never denied it and never will.

You keep on bringing up the Crusades.. and I keep on reminding you that such events have no connection with the teaching and example of Christ, not of even the early history of the young Church.

If you COULD link the Crusades/Inquisition to Christs life or Word then I'd have something to be concerned about, but you haven't, you can't and thus you don't try. You know that if you did, you would have to re-construct so much, and so, you take the cheap easy option of simply picking sad examples of human greed and then seeking to link that in the minds of your readers to the Faith itself.

I said "Christianity".. i.e... the faith.. not the 'history of Christendom' is MUCH x 3 better than.. etc.

The reason Christ based faith is 'better' is because it never entails the killing of people, the hunting down of them, or anything other than the simple sharing of the sacred Gospel of grace and peace.

I've done enough rants for you to be well aware how this contracts with the teaching and life of 'another'... so, its a bit deceptive for you to come back riding the same old sorry tired 'ready for the glue factory' horse of 'Crusades/Inquisition'.....

If you were honest, you would freely admit that the Faith itself, is as far away from the horrors of Islamic conquest, (which are in complete harmony with the Quran and its prophet's life) as the East is from the West.

So, it sounds very much like you are being deliberately dishonest here simply to tarnish the image of the true Gospel.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 23 March 2008 9:54:08 PM
PROMINENT MUSLIM BAPTIZED.

I found it quite interesting that Italys' most promiment Muslim (according to news) has become a Catholic.

Interesting...because his major criticism of Islam was of it's violence.

Perhaps the message of peace from Christ, touched this man's heart in a way that he was ready for.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/03/23/2197137.htm

Popes Easter message. "Peace"

"Islam"s response to the conversion?

Mr Magdi is under police protection following threats against him.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 23 March 2008 10:47:47 PM
Maybe Boaz has a point in his last posting. It's not the people (and how atrociously they behave) that really matters, it's the quality of the "message", the teaching, that we should judge. Okay then, let's follow that to its next logical step.
It would obviously have been much better for the world, as a result avoiding all the atrocities committed by Christians on others (including other Christians), if Jesus had been remembered by his teaching alone. The big mistake happened when superstitious fools decided to call him God, turn his life into a fable of impossible miracles, worship some infallible book, and create a religion and a church with its popes, priests, prayers and penitences. Ideally, the world should have had a totally religionless Jesus to remember and honour and follow the example of, and it would have been a much better place as a result. I could accept that. Right on, Boaz!
Posted by Tuckeroo, Monday, 24 March 2008 7:54:47 AM
I am perfectly aware that we have had this discussion before, Boaz.

>>You keep on bringing up the Crusades.. and I keep on reminding you that such events have no connection with the teaching and example of Christ, not of even the early history of the young Church.<<

And my response each time is the same.

"A man is judged by his deeds, not by his words" - Russian proverb

"Deeds, not words shall speak me" - John Fletcher (1579 - 1625)

"Verba docent, exempla trahunt" - Latin proverb (lit. words instruct, examples lead.)

"It is good deeds, not words, that count" - Democritus (460-370 BCE)

"For herds do not bring fodder to the pastor to show what they eat, but rather evince it by their milk and their wool; so do thou assert thy principles in deeds, not words." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations of Antoninus

>>The reason Christ based faith is 'better' is because it never entails the killing of people, the hunting down of them, or anything other than the simple sharing of the sacred Gospel of grace and peace.<<

However much you waffle on about the Crusades being un-Christian, the fact remains that the Crusaders went off to kill people in the name of Christ.

>>I said "Christianity".. i.e... the faith.. not the 'history of Christendom' is MUCH x 3 better than.. etc.<<

Then why do you spend so much time digging up stories of ancient battles as "evidence" of present-day Islamic attitudes? You need to explain why your reference to the Battle of Yarmouk has greater relevance than my reference to the siege of Jerusalem.

One final point.

>>it sounds very much like you are being deliberately dishonest here simply to tarnish the image of the true Gospel<<

Not at all. As I have pointed out on many previous occasions, I am not in any way anti-Christian. I know many people who derive a great deal of comfort from their religion. What does cause me to pick up my metaphorical pen is the deliberate and persistent use of one particular religion to beat up on another.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 24 March 2008 2:02:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy