The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > STREAKS OF MISERY MODELS ACTRESSES

STREAKS OF MISERY MODELS ACTRESSES

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
just having a vent all

just caught a movie mid day on tele
okay all the women were streaks of misery
so thin, starving, and sexless

perhaps its time the scientist got out
the proof of what these women are doing to themselves

advertisements with SKELETAL models..... thank goodness
I have a MUTE key

are NOT ATTRACTIVE nor sexy in any form

these ulta thin women have no sexuality and it shows,
aside from the fact that they act tired and hungry

heavens knows what the poor hormones are doing

expensive magazines are full of SKELETAL girls and women

perhaps its time the tennis players, and sports women,
like swimmers and basket ball players were chosen instead

its really bad guys....

what are women doing to themselves, and why perhaps is more
the question

regards JHH
Posted by JHH, Thursday, 7 February 2008 12:33:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear JHH,

Women have been conditioned over so many years - to accept the myths of how they should look,how they should behave, what they should wear.
And so on. And this of course affects how they see themselves.

The only way a woman can win in this situation is -to challenge the world to change and truly see her.

A woman will win by giving herself and other women permission - to eat; to be sexual, to age; to wear overalls; to cover up - or go
naked; to do whatever she chooses in following - or ignoring - her own aesthetic.

It is time women saw the radiance coming out of their faces and their
body, rather than a spotlight on the body, dimming the self.

More than a generation ago Germaine Greer wondered about women:
"What will you do?"
What women did brought about a social revolution.

However, it's time for the next phase,for us to again take control, as individual women, as women together, and as tenants of our bodies and this planet.

What we do next depends now on what we decide to see when we look in the mirror.

What will we see?
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 7 February 2008 6:45:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy

A woman may also choose to be a good mum and wife. She should not be criticized for that choice.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 7 February 2008 8:28:40 PM
Actually runner, I don't think very many people are that critical of women who decide to be mums or wives.
I think there are far more people who are critical of women who don't choose to be a mum or a wife. I'm somewhat curious as to whether you think that's okay, or whether mum and wife is the 'better' option.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Thursday, 7 February 2008 10:43:24 PM
Women do not need men to sit in judgement of their female figure. Women dress to please themselves not for the eyes of perving males. If I choose to be extremely thin then that is my perogative. It is extremely attractive to look slight I feel so much younger and attractive the thinner I am the more flattering praises I receive and the better I look in fashionable clothes. It does appear that it always obese persons who condemm those that have slim shapely legs. long live the skinny fashion.
Posted by Julie Vickers, Friday, 8 February 2008 12:04:29 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
JHH “what are women doing to themselves, and why perhaps is more the question”

I would suggest women are making choices for themselves, as is their right.

Foxy “Women have been conditioned over so many years - to accept the myths of how they should look,how they should behave, what they should wear.”

What you are suggesting is women are incapable of making choices for themselves and are the mere tools of fashion stylists. I know many women, none are so enslaved to such conspiracy.

“to do whatever she chooses in following - or ignoring - her own aesthetic.”

And I believe they are already and those who choose to ignore their own aesthetic get the same type of attention as a bloke with a comb-over.

“It is time women saw the radiance coming out of their faces and their body,”

My eldest daughter is 27, is “slim” and radiates. She is the happiest person I know, owns her own home, makes her own way in life and has the highest levels of self esteem.

I would recall it was our great grandmothers who corseted their “luve handles” away and whilst our mothers used girdles, which fell out of fashion for sometime, following germ greer burning her bra, if the TV ads and current affair programs are any guide, such things are making a comeback.

“However, it's time for the next phase,for us to again take control, as individual women, as women together, and as tenants of our bodies and this planet.”

Ah, the rally cry. I hope whatever you do, adopting a strident (Germ Greer) attitude will possibly turn off the very men you gals seem so intent on attracting and pushing into marriage
Posted by Col Rouge, Friday, 8 February 2008 8:25:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy