The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > STREAKS OF MISERY MODELS ACTRESSES

STREAKS OF MISERY MODELS ACTRESSES

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
TRTL

I think if you don't want to be a mum or a wife then thats fine. Just don't get married and have children otherwise you will do nothing but add to the problems in society. The same goes with men. If you don't want to be a father and love your wife then don't get married and have children. Fatherless children often end up in prison.

And yes I do think that being a mum and a wife is the best option for most (not all). The problem is that this option is greatly devalued in our society these days.
Posted by runner, Friday, 8 February 2008 9:03:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Col Rouge,

I actually don't like Germaine Greer very much - especially since her
inappropriate comment concerning Steve Irwin's death.
She's never been a role model of mine.

And, I too have always done things "my way." I'm a wife and mother,
worked all of my life and ran a home. Raised two boys, went back to uni. (while working full time - and raising a family), got my Master's. And I'm still going strong...

And by the way, I'm tall and thin - with killer cheekbones, and don't have an 'image' problem. I like what I see in the mirror. And so does
my husband...

In the previous post I was referring to the way some women are influenced by the media, movies, and our society in general. I should have specified of course - that obviously not all women fall into that category. There are always exceptions to each rule. But actresses and models especially are under tremenduous pressure to
stay thin and maintain a certain image and that's what this thread is all about.

It's important, for women to maintain their own identity - be
it fat or thin - as a poster pointed out - it should be their choice.
That's the point I was trying to make.

It's how they see themselves that matters - not someone else's image
of what they should look like.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 8 February 2008 9:16:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
JULIE VICKERS..... You just sacrificed all credibility on the alter of pc feminism.

"Women dress to please themselves not for the eyes of perving males"

HAHAHAHHHHAAAH...DE HAAHH GAG AHH COUGH CHOKE.. HAHAHAHAAH.. :)

ur kidding right ? and the 'birds and the bees' just ate each other to death.

I'll grant you one point.. they shouldn't dress for 'perving' males... agreed...and males should not 'perv'.

But NOT ALL males just 'perv' on females (while wiping off the drool).. some actually admire them as females..with a view of mutual companionship and love in mind....
and yes.. for physical satisfaction. Perhaps its the last one that is first in mind AT FIRST..... but in a well adjusted male, that quickly translates from irresponsible promiscuity into serious and responsible thoughts about a life of faithfulness together.

There is a difference between dressing "modestly but attractively" and "showing off as much as legal of all you have with a view of turning males sex drives on"

*knock knock*

Foxy.. yes.. and of course.. its THE CHURCH's fault for all this conditioning right ? :) (may as well blame it for this too eh :)
it would have nothing to do with the practical expression of the WRONG side of Galatians 5:13

"For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another."

Hmmm..something tells me.... that when people are disconnected from Christ..and use the 'freeedeom' they have to create highly charged sexual marketing campaigns for selling anything from bra's to bees wax... it sure isn't the 'Church' at fault! Nor is it God's fault.. Nor is it the loony Christian next door's fault.. no.. its YOUR fault.
(who ever 'you' might be, either the marketer or the gullable consumer)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 9 February 2008 7:37:24 AM
hi all,
well interesting posts

my major concern was/is the fact that skeletal women
are becoming a predominate visual concern,
in acting, and fashion models

it seems they are ugly as to boney skeletons you can get
simply
starved from the human body level

no doubt the brain is starved too

after all, what you eat today,
walks and talks tomorrow

a skeletal body with pretend boobs, is just ugly

basically its a misconception, that extremely thin
is beautiful
bony body frames, are delicate, and at the least
uncomfortable, and baring
on the idea of being sexless

perhaps thats what women want, being sexless might
give them that independence,

I DONT THINK

a good mind, cant be housed in a vacant body
and vicki versa

its just so bad, I needless to say, dont buy any
womens magazines, and if I do come across a supposedly
high quality one
all the adverts are full of totally UGLY THIN MODELS...
with vacant hungry stares

me, oh well, I dont wear a bra, or stockings,
or high heels

designed by men to make women uncomfortable
and for profit....

grin
JHH
Posted by JHH, Saturday, 9 February 2008 10:03:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy