The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 'Jihadi Sheilas' on ABC

'Jihadi Sheilas' on ABC

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
Danielle,

Thanks, I went through the code carefully. I have no doubt of its authenticity. I need to also make it clear that under no circumstances could I ever endorse such 'laws'. They are unconscionable.

I am concerned though at your mention of the execution of 9 year old girls. I'm concerned because it fills me with horror; I'm also concerned that 'facts' can become distorted in order to advance a particular view. By anyone.

It was on those grounds that I went looking for evidence that this or ANY mid-eastern country had carried out such a heinous act, ( it is horrendous enough that 16 yo girls have apparently been executed ).

I would appreciate it if you could approach your friend for any evidence she can provide that two little girls were executed. I have little doubt that had this occurred the world would have been told of it. Any barbarism that can be demonstrated by Iran would be leapt on by the global and in particular,- right-wing American press, to discredit Iran.
Posted by Ginx, Thursday, 14 February 2008 9:57:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Men are not necessarily slaves to their erections." (Quote: Danielle) (I just noticed this!)

Oh yes they are!!
Posted by Ginx, Thursday, 14 February 2008 10:02:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ginx,

The person to whom I spoke was a business woman importing Iranian art/crafts. I mentioned this to her in assessing whether this penal code - was NOT actually enforced in practice. (One can only hope ...) She obviously knew of the code (showing no surprise) and responded that she knew of no cases in "civilized" areas (cities), but was aware that this had occurred in a small village ... obviously where primitive barbarity was enforced. She didn't mention the name of place - and presumably knew nothing more.

As you can see from this fidh document, 9 year old girls are liable, as "adults". Thus, treated the same as adult women. Younger, they can be publicly flogged.

The fidh document didn't provide any "crime" which would attract such a punishment. The Free Iran site do have a blog - they should be able to provide further information. It might be that the little girls were victims of rape and, thus, blamed for it ... I do not know. But this seems the only thing I can think of for this barbarity. I don't know if the Islamic Iranian penal code address crimes of "witch-craft". That is the only other "crime" I can think of ...

A couple of years ago, a 14 yr old blind girl in India was flogged for being raped. It received media coverage out here. Obviously, the victim is responsible in such cases unless witnesses support her evidence. However, a female's word/evidence is worth considerably less than a male's. I can't remember the ratio of female witnesses needed verus male evidence.
Posted by Danielle, Friday, 15 February 2008 12:43:14 AM
Ginx,

Just to clarify. I don't know the woman as a friend. She had a shop which she (and presumably her Iranian husband) ran. We had a passing discussion whilst she was
finalising a sale for me.
Posted by Danielle, Friday, 15 February 2008 12:54:09 AM
Dear Antonios....

I support Asians..I married one :) my children are half asian.

I support Muslims.. and Buddhists, Hindu's, Zorostrians, Bahais... all of them.. 'until' they seek to change our laws and re-shape our society in terms of the own limited religion.

Here is one of the reasons. You speak a lot of discrimination.. mate... 80% (no..not 5%...or 10%...or even half.. but EIGHTY percent of Muslim taxi drivers in Minneapolis refuse to take people carrying Alchohol or having guide dogs.

Here is a report.. please have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjwAr1-Ffxk&feature=related

The difference between you and I... seems to be that I can see the 'then'.....you only look at the 'now'.

If we don't take pre-emptive action... mainly in the enforcement of our discrimination laws, we will end up with a Minneapolis situation.

We should all watch very carefully how the Minneapolis situation pans out.. ask this "If 80% of taxi drivers strike......what impact would this have on Minneapolis economy and movement of people" ? This then raises the issue of 'politics'..ie..those with most to lose put pressure on the Aiport Authority to ALLOW the Sharia attitude..and then..who runs the country? Clearly..Muslims.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 15 February 2008 6:59:38 AM
David
1. I am very sorry because I was a little bit hard to you, last few days but I hope you knew that I did not mean that you hate me or Asian people.
2. Thank you I found you did a big step to the right direction. If David Muslim people change then the Islam will change too. None like to loose its privileges, they will change the interpretation of their books, this happen with Christians too.
Antonios Symeonakis
Posted by ASymeonakis, Friday, 15 February 2008 7:30:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All