The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Racism in Australia...does it exist?

Racism in Australia...does it exist?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
Ah, I notice Redneck's banging the 'anti-racists are actually racists too' drum again.
As far as I can tell, the logic behind it is because you're stereotyping a self proclaimed racist who calls himself 'redneck' as having ugly racists views, you're just as bad.

I do believe, we've officially reached the zenith of the much-maligned post modernist attitude of moral relativity.

Funny, I always assumed it would be someone on the fringe left banging that drum. Instead it's the opposite, which just goes to show that academic bulldust can be appropriated by anyone with an axe to grind.

It's crap, of course, and I've no hesitation in calling it that, even though, according to redneck, this is undoubtedly indicative of some kind of dismissive prejudice against whites with certain attitudes.

Yep. It is. But I'm cool with that, just like you seem to be fine with being a racist.

And CJ simply said you're proud of being a racist. How the hell is he wrong? You specifically chimed in on this thread to say you are.

What gets up your nose is that everybody thinks that's ugly and yes, they're lumping you in the category of ignorant racist.

Tough. I'm quite happy to discriminate against you and people with your views redneck, but unlike people of certain races, you have the ability to choose your views.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Wednesday, 23 January 2008 12:06:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Australia (like every nation) is full of ignorance and bigotry. Why would you think it's not?.
Posted by StG, Wednesday, 23 January 2008 4:27:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OOps. "interrational marriages" interracial of course.

Only last weekend a Chinese friend in a marriage would not allow her Anglo husband tell us what her mother said about them marrying. Likewise, I recall some years back a friend, whom I know was dating a Greek girl, well, when her grandmother happened to work into the same restraunt she [I know too] pushed him under the table.
Posted by Oliver, Wednesday, 23 January 2008 5:02:49 PM
From school yard to career to older man...Ive heard it all my life. Just mention boat people and some guys, and even sensible women, go racist. Foaming. Just mention aborigines and some foam at the mouth also. Just mention Greeks or Italians and some trip over into poor comment. Its here and has been here, and everywhere else, since God split up the races at the tower of Babel...Genesis chapter 11. Everyone thinks their race is superior...the Adolf Hitlers taking the hate to its ultimate end. Actually I read a prophecy some time ago that The Lord was planning to judge Australia because of her racism. That prophecy was one of the many that speak about an endtimes invader; and enemy soldiers on Australian soil.
Posted by Gibo, Wednesday, 23 January 2008 5:12:57 PM
Foxy,
Am glad I asked you to define what you meant by the term "racist'

From your lenghty reply it seems you are unclear about the term and confuse racism with many other unrelated matters. Your widespread definition appears to cover just about anything you want. Mind you I think many people also confuse the term with other matters.

Racism is totally to do with race. It has nothing to do with culture, customs or preferred language used. Many people of the same race have differing cultures, customs and a preferred language in their society. It has nothing to do with national groupings as a national group can be made up of different races.

In your second last para you refer to dominant cultures and minority groups. This is cultural clash as they could well be the same race, as in Iraq.

Lastly you say that ethnic clensing and genocide are extreme examples of racism. Not so, on many occasions the perpetrators are the same race as the victims.

Your reply confirms my view that many people bandy derogatory terms around when they do not understand their meanings, but use the term purely for shock value. A good dictionary would help many
Posted by Banjo, Wednesday, 23 January 2008 7:17:33 PM
Above all - white Australians love other white Australians the most.
Rainier,
ALL people prefer the company of their own. There is nothing more natural about it. Be it race or Mentality. It's only the stupid who fail to recognise that fact.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 23 January 2008 7:28:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11