The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Racism in Australia...does it exist?

Racism in Australia...does it exist?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All
Dear Banjo,

I'm not going to argue with you. I gave you the definition of racism as defined by The Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission in Australia (1998). If it makes you happy stick with your dictionary definition by all means...

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 26 January 2008 5:56:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
While some years before the victims of race discrimination was only non Anglo Saxon, now we can find victims from any race, even from Anglo Saxon I am sure if we do not control this problem now , in the future Australia will have huge problems.
You have right to be angry with them if they are not employing any of the local aboriginal people or locals. We (non Anglo Saxon ) have the same problems from the other site!! One time I said the manager in my workplace that they destroyed our (migrants) lives, (no training, not any kind of opportunities) and if they continue to employee only Anglo Saxon they will destroy our children too.
Slowly, slowly the Company change policy, the things are getting better but I had to fight with many ways, (HRC, Union, Publishing) and of cause the cost for me of cause the race discrimination was very high.
Every one must understand that none can accept his/her victimization.The victims will fight for their rights,( any victims in any part of the world, sooner or later, with one or the other way). They will retaliate when they found the right time!!.
This happened in many parts of the world and will continue to happen The question is if we are enough mature, enough responsible to avoid the big, very big problems of racial conflicts.
I believe the ALP government will handle this problem much better than Howard's government.
We live in a democratic country and if necessary we could create our own organizations to protect our BASIC rights.
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaid
Posted by ASymeonakis, Saturday, 26 January 2008 6:38:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Antonios,

Social justice is what faces you in the morning. It is waking up in a house with adequate water supply, cooking facilities and sanitation. It is the ability to nourish your children and send them to school where their education not only equips them for employment but reinforces their knowledge and understanding of their cultural inheritance. It is the prospect of genuine employment and good health: a life of choices and opportunity, free from discrimination.

Social justice means being entitled to the same rights and services as all other citizens.

And who can blame you for wanting that...
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 27 January 2008 9:15:34 AM
A very strong factor of the social injustice is the race discrimination.
When we have in a work places many migrants first or second generation, from different countries, different ages, different education and English language level, men or women who have the same problems, lack of opportunities, no training,, when they are low wage, bulling, when many migrants leave their job crying, then we have clearly race discrimination and what any cheap, dirty racist says is not simple a lie but a strong indicator how big, how deep is the problem of race discrimination and how much the migrants must fight to protect their basic rights.
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Monday, 28 January 2008 4:22:43 AM
Antonios
just wondering if you could give us an example of something that is happening right now that should be fixed.

As for work place its the migrants who dont mind to work and work hard while Aussie kids head for the beach and welfare in large majorities.
Sothe migrants kids could sure teach many of ours some things as well.
Most of the migrants kids can also show ours how to show love and respect to parents.
After saying that I am totally and utterly discusted that our kids do not say the lordsprayer because they may offend migrant kids anymore.
Thats one example. I am going off my tree here in case you didnt notice that Cairns is over run with Chinese that are so dam rude to us Aussiues I just want to CTLSOOT.[ Dont as]
So would you agree its racist to chase us Aussies out of our own Country.?

Would you? Or is that ok as far as you feel?
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Friday, 1 February 2008 2:51:47 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy