The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > We Still Hold The Senate So We Will Keep Work Choice

We Still Hold The Senate So We Will Keep Work Choice

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Now BOAZ DAVID this time you have lost it God bothering or not your post is rubbish, the left? left man?
Others heap it on me because we are too far to the right but crimson left?
If your God existed I like to think he would throw you out with those money lenders and just maybe be from the left.
To outdo Julie Vickers was no easy task you won by about the same margin my lefty mates did last weekend ,miles and miles Comrade!
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 2 December 2007 4:23:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear RObert,

Beautifully put, as usual. I'm hoping that Brendan Nelson will have the good sense to persuade his colleagues not to block Labor's incentives in the Senate. Allow Labor to keep its promises - and do it for the good of the country.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 2 December 2007 8:18:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy hi and have no fear reality will hit between now and the first sitting in February.
The last thing the opposition wants is both houses dissolved and a full election.
While here we find some who do not understand the depth and width of the defeat, even Nelson is not that lost.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 3 December 2007 5:02:21 AM
Poor Julie Vickers
Was wetting her knickers;
But now she rejoices
For saving WorkChoices
The will of the people
Hits the last steeple.
All's well in the realm
Lord Nelson's at helm.
Posted by FrankGol, Monday, 3 December 2007 8:56:45 AM
The future of WorkChoices?

Former workplace relations minister Joe Hockey has described WorkChoices as "dead" (ABC News Online Posted Wed Nov 28, 2007).

Mr Hockey commented, "As I said yesterday and I've said since election day, WorkChoices is dead, and there is an overwhelming mandate for the Labor Party's policy of tearing up WorkChoices."

"We will accept that. I think there are a number of people in the Liberal Party that grieve for the fact, [who say] that there will be significant job losses, and I think that they're right. The problem with WorkChoices was we just went too deep, it was a mistake," he added.

"...We should never have got rid of the old 'no disadvantage' test in the original package."

Any Coalition moves in the Senate to block the new Government's IR reforms will be their kiss of death at the next election. The ALP would be returned in the House of Representatives and with a majority in the Senate.

Where would the born-to-rule Liberals be then?
Posted by FrankGol, Monday, 3 December 2007 10:24:17 AM
BOAZ_David, You have got the right idea for Julie here.
I began life with a cry, ‘whah whah, and ‘wee wee’d my pants’ then as I grew it became Me, me, then combine the two, like the cat, ‘me-ouw,’ not until later did I learn,that cooperation does not work until my me becomes Our. Word games? As you grow and learn, the ME becomes OUR, Otherwise you never Mature. You stay on milk all your life, and cry, BAH, BAH.
Posted by ma edda, Monday, 3 December 2007 4:08:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy