The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The

The

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Is there anyone else out there who is as sick to death of listening to Howard and Rudd babbling their obscene promises (talking now not in millions of dollars, but in billions!)

These people have surely lost touch with reality,... NOT ONCE have either of them told the people where all the money for these ludicrous promises is to be derived from?.....watch out "Future Fund" or GST up to 15 or 20%!....lets see you get out of that one?

For my money and for what it is worth, I am going for Bob Brown and "The Greens"!.....at least he has stuck to his principles for year after year, (which is more than can be said for the other yobbos!)

Remember folks,...Politicians are the only breed that can lie their way into office and then when exposed escape without penalty....usually giving themselves a pay rise to boot!
Posted by Cuphandle, Wednesday, 14 November 2007 10:55:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cuphandle has it happened? is it that cold in hell?
The day hell freezes over I will vote greens.
Conservation is far too important to be in the hands of such a radical rabble, thankfully it is not.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 15 November 2007 4:57:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly:
If the present government remains in office, no doubt you will get your chance to find out just how hot it is in hell, as they will no doubt continue their Neurotic Nuclear policies and continue aiding and abetting the warmongers of this world, because it means money in their pockets!

You can continue to live in your world of denial, but I shall excercise my democratic right to support people with humanitarian principles. People who care,....so what if they try to stop indiscriminate tree-lopping, attempt to reduce the world`s pollution problems and try to save our rapidly diminishing animal kingdom?

No amount of money can ever save this planet from it`s inevitable demise, should we continue on this path of self-destruction!.....Why don`t some of you people realise that the almighty dollar is NOT the answer to all the world`s problems?

If you cannot see the wood for the trees,...let me give you a clue ....just watch and listen to those three Party Leaders and figure out how much money is being wasted by Howard and Rudd in their pathetic attempts to hoodwink the public into supporting them?
Posted by Cuphandle, Thursday, 15 November 2007 5:48:59 AM
Pre-election lies by all parties should not influence the voters. Remember Howard's classic in 1996 that there would be no GST? Labour are no better.

The answer is not the Greens (Reds in disguise, led by Brown) as they would destroy what good we have.

Howard and Rudd are attempting to hoodwink the public (succesfully in most cases) but guess what? One of them will be elected. Then we'll see what happens to their 'promises'.

I think that the balance should be kept where one major party is the Federal government while the other runs the states. As long as neither has the monopoly, they can't go all the way.
Posted by Jack the Lad, Thursday, 15 November 2007 11:41:42 AM
Cuphandle lets get this out in the open I proudly am an ALP member.
Just as proudly am no fan of the greens very far from it.
Radicalism is not my path ever.
I truly think conservation should be every party's business and for more reasons than one.
24 to 26 seats, that is the result of the election in my view the ALP wins.
How many voters do you think would rather change their vote? not vote Labor if they thought the greens would have ANY power over us?
We in my view would never win government if we owed it to the radical greens.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 15 November 2007 5:00:50 PM
Well, Liberals don't appear to be even remotely serious about the changes caused by Global Warming. The Howard government has failed Australia on this issue - denying the problem outright, and failing to set targets.

Labor has at least set a target.

The Greens are offering - 15% renewal energy by 2012. 25% by 2020.The Greens say they will cut greenhouse gases 30% by 2020 and 80% by 2050. They will have annual audits to make sure these targets are met. They promise an end to logging our old forests. And they promise subsidies for renewal start-ups, not for fossil-fuel industries.

But, who takes them seriously? Not enough people to matter. So they can promise whatever they want - they won't get in. And that is a fact.

What scares me is nuclear energy. Because I believe that there is no 'clean' or 'safe' nuclear energy. Nuclear power makes no sense economically. Reactors are costly and energy-intensive to build and last for just 60 years, then another 60 years to decommission.
Radioactive waste remains dangerous for hundreds of years. It is easily reprocessed for nuclear armaments, including 'rogue' regimes.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 15 November 2007 5:45:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy