The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Immigration Minister Kevin Andrews

Immigration Minister Kevin Andrews

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Boazy, maybe if you read up a bit about what pro bono means and when a lawyer may be entitled to compensation, it may help to clear up a couple of misunderstandings for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_bono

I'm sure there are more comprehensive sites for you, but you can do that if you need more information surely?
Posted by Bugsy, Friday, 12 October 2007 1:00:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Pauline. 'individual' just made me see the error of my ways.
Stg, sorry to dampen your enthusiasm but, sadly it'll be some time yet before you are capable of seeing. You can't expect to see if you don't open your eyes. I have been through this crap in the early days in europe & when I came to australia I truly believed I had come to a better place. but, only ten years later australia too became like europe. Just wait another ten years & your kids will tell you the same.
Posted by individual, Friday, 12 October 2007 9:39:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No Boazy.

The "Sudanese problem" is the dog whistle. "Reconciliation" is the wedge.

Not all that sophisticated, really - but apparently it works.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Friday, 12 October 2007 10:02:00 PM
Sure a police officers was bashed by some Sudanese refugee’ and they say its an isolated incident. Lets not forget this one a few days before hand.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22547327-661,00.html

Sure white people are involved in attacks on the police as well and I am sure a lot of the lefties on the forum secretly endorse these attack because they are part of the same hippy/ferals movements which are responsible for many of these attacks on the good people of the Australian police force.

There is also a BIG difference between the two 1. is a home grown problem which Australian society as a whole has to work on. The other is an imported one in which we seem to want to aggravate by bring more of the agitators into the country.

Its like asking for more ferals and hippies to be brought into Australia so that we can be culturally enrich for the sake of the loud looney left. Its completely wrong and goes against common sense.
Posted by EasyTimes, Friday, 12 October 2007 11:15:25 PM
Settle down ET, jeez. I can almost see you frothing at the mouth as I read that tripe. As a "youth" at one time, I had a friend that at one time when he was drunk certainly did abuse a police officer, he also stole windscreen wipers and number plates and got beaten up by the coppers too. Only it wasn't covered by the media.

He then went on and completed a PhD in science and is now also a police officer.

The point of this story is that "youths" regardless of origin, are "youths", the Sudanese have done nothing to single them out as an ethnic threat, regardless of their country or continent of origin. The media doesn't have anything to report unless it's something out of the ordinary, what about the party crashing phenomenon by masses of "Australian youths" that respond to internet invitations? Plenty of them have ended in a number of riots that have also been covered by the media, yet no major comments have been made about where to send those idiots. Leave the Sudanese alone, if they break the law, they will be dealt with like any other Australian resident under the law.
Posted by Bugsy, Friday, 12 October 2007 11:55:52 PM
Easytimes: "Sure white people are involved in attacks on the police as well and I am sure a lot of the lefties on the forum secretly endorse these attack because they are part of the same hippy/ferals movements which are responsible for many of these attacks on the good people of the Australian police force."

Oh come on, Easytimes. This is uninformed, insulting speculation that does yourself no service whatsoever. Honestly, pick up your game.
I could just as easily say right wing conservative bogans here secretly want to go out and bash the Sudanese. Those callow insults don't get us anywhere.
I realise you're not singling anyone out, but in casting a wide net over an entire political spectrum, you're attacking a hell of a lot of people. I may disagree with many aspects of typical right wing views, but quite frankly, I wouldn't stoop to commentary quite that crass - to claim your ideological opponents are actively wishing violence.
It's probably naive of me to want better standards of debate here, but I do.

As far as your other incident... see, there's these things called statistics. It's where people take all the incidents together, and make a big picture out of them.
Oh, wait a sec... apparently people already do that - in fact, the police have made certain comments about the statistics.
Victorian Police Commissioner Christine Nixon has made the point that Sudanese are under-represented in the crime stats.

You don't quite seem able to cotton on to this, but for the sake of others, do try.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Friday, 12 October 2007 11:59:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy