The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bastardisation in the armed forces

Bastardisation in the armed forces

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Scotty - Are you the worst argument for becoming a soldier on these pages? I congratulate you on retiring... I suspect you made the correct choice! Who gave you the right to tell people who can and can't go to Anzac Day? It's not Scotty Day so pipe down!

The lack of compassion that you show in your posts is absolutely amazing - the big tough guy garbage is wearing a bit thin.

But in your tough guy approach you are actually undermining the ADF that you pretend to defend and you just don't get it. The fact that you have no compassion for a man who has been injured by the system and you blame the father or the son indicates that you need to seek help.

At a time when our military forces doing their best in an illegal war ... you launch your dribble against people who has been bastardised. You sure are a big tough guy! Show me how this is "Looking after our own". Remember your oath Scotty!

Alan if you go through the correct channels and get no satisfactory response go to a lawyer and the media and rattle the armed service's cages. Your identity can be protected and the culprits can get their just desserts.

Best wishes to you Alan.

Scotty is your lack of compassion showing that you may have been injured by the system and maybe just not realised it yet?

Can't you see YOU are letting down the members of the ADF with your debating style?
Posted by Opinionated2, Saturday, 6 October 2007 5:25:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a joke

The army is touch feely and those who only read the papers well they are gullable.

Oh you touched me thats assualt.
The reason was that person pointed a rifle at a person, ah who gives a rats if some moron shoots someone until it reaches the papers and all crap is let lose.

You are after soldiers and that is not what we have now, we have people who will get on their phones and cry to mummy because somebody yelled at them.

You can blame yourselves, labor,liberals and the others as well.
What we have now is a pack of pussys just like these other parties and those that keep voting them in.

The army and rest of defence is about protection and democracy and if you cannot trust the moron next to you because he is a cry baby and hasnt learnt why then he will be the first shot.
Cant trust him to cover your back then they are a waste of time.

I wonder if they are aloud to be shot at or is that bastardisation too.
Will he stand and fight or run like labor does.

Stuart Ulrich
Independent Candidate for Charlton
swulrich@bigpond.net.au

Fighting against labor and their hiding of child sexual and physical assualt to cover themselves.
Posted by tapp, Saturday, 6 October 2007 6:08:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
tapp:
May I suggest that if you have any real aspiration to attain the taxpayer funded trough, please learn to spell correctly!

I served in the Services (RAAF) from the 5o`s to the 70`s and I can assure everyone that the bastardization that occurs during recruit training is only a small part of the "real" bastardization that occurs throughout the recruit`s "career", especially if one is prepared to stand up and question any obvious wrongs that are continually perpetrated upon one and all!
I can safely say that some of the worst "bastards" in the service are the Commissioned Officers, who protected by the "Old Boys System", can inflict very destructive psychological punishment upon a junior, simply because of an ingrained resentment of the junior`s intellect (and guts!)
Posted by Cuphandle, Sunday, 7 October 2007 11:01:56 AM
It may be of interest to some that Corporals are not allowed to yell
at recruits or swear anymore. Not PC it seems.

In training or war a sense of urgency can be paramount to ones survival. Just like folding your uniform and polishing your brass does not seem a big deal at the time, it is. The screaming and face rippings are ways of getting a persons attention whom is has know idea of the system or how important time management is to being a soldier. Stuffing around can cost peoples lives.

Do we want a system like the Yanks have? They can go to war only through numbers and sofisticated technology. Thier soldiers are generally dumb white boys from Omaha and ghetto kids from outer metropolitan cities. If you want dumb soldiers whom have no discipline through no fear then go down the PC path, the enemy will thankyou.

For my money the Kiwi soldiers are some of the best in the world because they dont have the PC crap we have yet and a high number of Maori's in thier ranks.

They are just tougher than young Johnny from Brisbane is all and they have honour and they dont go Jack on thier mates.
Posted by SCOTTY, Sunday, 7 October 2007 5:49:03 PM
Scotty that is a far better way of debating an issue but I'm afraid you are blurring the discussion.

This is a thread about the mistreatment of ADF personnel by other ADF personnel against the rules and orders that apply to ADF personnel!

So if all this hard nut stuff and people are toughened by the process and become more disciplined it begs the simple question - WHY ARE SOME ADF PERSONNEL BREAKING THE ADF RULES AND BULLYING, BASTARDISING OR COMMITTING COMMON ASSAULT ON OTHER ADF PERSONNEL AGAINST ORDERS?

If the tough love approach worked and ADF personnel were so disciplined by it and followed orders as obliged the bastardisation just couldn't & wouldn't occur. Afterall are they in breach of orders by doing it? I think disobeying an order and an ADF rule is still a punishable offense - Isn't it?

If bastardisation is still happening when it is strictly prohibited then with respect isn't the chain of command a joke? Shouldn't our top ADF officials question themselves as to why their orders are being broken? Perhaps the respect and discipline allegedly taught in the ADF is a failure and heads should roll?

If Officers hide this under the carpet aren't they in breach of ADF rules? Is that a breach of orders & conduct unbecoming an officer under ADF rules? If so - so much for respect and discipline!
Posted by Opinionated2, Monday, 8 October 2007 3:24:42 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy