The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is Labor getting 'cocky'?

Is Labor getting 'cocky'?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Is Labor getting 'cocky'? Does it matter if they do?
There are already reports of jostling for positions in a Rudd led government. Is this degree of confidence good for the election campaign?
One Labor member told me outright, "We have already won the election. We don't even need to work at it. The only reason we are going to do any work on it is because we would like to win at least 22 aeats and our private polling shows we can."
Posted by Communicat, Tuesday, 25 September 2007 9:13:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I reckon anyone who believes they are guaranteed a win, is a fool.

So long as that jostling for government positions isn't done in the open, who cares?. They'd have to all be thinking about portfolios before the election. Pollies are a bunch of backstabbing mooches as it is. Does it surprise you they're all playing with themselves over their future [pay checks]?.
Posted by StG, Tuesday, 25 September 2007 11:14:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's a bit of a cynical game. The last thing either side can afford to do, or be seen to do; is get cocky.

I think it fair to say Communicat, that you do not lean toward the ALP! Soooo...; I'm astonished that ANY politician would say to you 'we've already won';-let alone a Laborite!

But there you go. There's going to be a lot of 'disinformation' flying around in the next few weeks.

It's hard to know what to believe, isn't it?
Posted by Ginx, Tuesday, 25 September 2007 12:03:50 PM
It is propaganda, clearly a conservative tactic, just as clearly a desperate lie.
After this election the impact of such tactics will be reviewed and added to the list of why Australians are rejecting this government.
Communicat you can do better!
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 25 September 2007 4:12:44 PM
Ah Belly this little runt was so smug I just had to let everyone know what he was saying!
Labor is getting so cocky that there was election material in our letterbox today which just gave a name (unknown to me) and failed to say which party it came from. It was not hard to guess but they obviously feel no need to bother. The clear message was "all we need to do is criticise the government".
What about policies?
Posted by Communicat, Tuesday, 25 September 2007 5:31:55 PM
How about the libs give up on the personal rubbish and get on with running a country.

Labors been coming up with different policies weekly. Just gotta take your blinders off to see them off to the side of the smoke screen bridesmaid costello keeps setting off. Heart valve?, c'mon.
Posted by StG, Tuesday, 25 September 2007 7:10:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy