The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > ABC television star called out for 'moonlighting'

ABC television star called out for 'moonlighting'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
"The regular band of far right ABC haters, they hate the independence and impartiality of the publicly owned broadcaster."

Hi Paul,

I look at the different treatment of stories. Compare the reporting of Albanese's attendance of an October 7 memorial with Melbourne's Jewish community by various media outlets, and an ABC report I just watched on his use of Tourette syndrome to ridicule in parliament sounded like a statement from his defence barrister. If Dutton had used disability to mock on the floor of parliament there would have been frequent discussion on the ABC for at least six months about Dutton's insensitivity to the disabled, the impact of his remarks, and his complete unsuitability for political office.

No wonder Albo wants to gag social media and leave political reporting to the ABC.
Posted by Fester, Wednesday, 9 October 2024 7:06:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think it's wrong that Labor has a public funded media machine to the tune of a Billion Dollars & the Coalition gets nothing but abuse even when the Coalition is right !
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 9 October 2024 7:17:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Indyvidual,

The ABC's commentary on Albo's Tourette jibe reminds me of those adds about the abuse of women where you hear a series of comments like "He has been under a lot of stress", "He didn't mean it", "He had a tough upbringing". The only thing missing was the final line from the narrator saying there is no excuse for abuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G7glKPbiOM

The announcer on ABC radio this morning announced a text message complaining about the very brief coverage of Albo's comment. The reply was something like "Yes, yes, terrible comment, but the PM apologised so lets move on.". Had Dutton said something half as stupid I am sure that the ABC would have devoted much of the day to discussing the matter, replete with interviews with every disability organisation in the country and numerous victim impact statements.

Unlike you I value the ABC despite its lack of balance, but I do believe in having the right to free speech so I might voice my concern.
Posted by Fester, Wednesday, 9 October 2024 2:06:14 PM
60% of Liberal voters think the ABC is bias to the left, 60% of Labor voters think the ABC is biased to the right, to paraphrase; You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but YOU will never please those crusty old conservatives from down at The Shady Pines Rest Home For Old Farts.... and remember the 'Shady Pines' motto: "NO Chicks Allowed!"
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 9 October 2024 4:32:52 PM
Exactly Paul, and I am sure that there are many examples of journalism which one would find balanced and another might think heavily biased. I feel that this makes a complete mockery of JD's assertion that determining truth and falsehood is simple almost to the point of being a mechanical exercise.
Posted by Fester, Wednesday, 9 October 2024 6:21:17 PM
60% of Labor voters think the ABC is biased to the right,
Paul1405,
Considering how silly some Labor voters are you could be right but that still doesn't alter the fact that the ABC is Labor's taxpayer funded propaganda machine.
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 9 October 2024 8:35:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy