The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Retail rip off!

Retail rip off!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All
Hi Paul,

Our Woolies has run out of eggs.

Which for me is a disaster as I do so much baking.

Hopefully, it will come good quickly.

I can't say that I've noticed a hick up in prices at
our Woolies. But then, I cook and freeze things ahead
for a few days. So I don't shop daily.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 30 July 2024 2:59:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry - I should have said - a hyke up in prices.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 30 July 2024 3:06:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Or is it - hike?
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 30 July 2024 3:09:21 PM
Thanks for the info Paul, I'll pass it along.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 30 July 2024 3:49:36 PM
Hi Foxy,

Still getting a fair amount of eggs in broken cartons, we cut donated empty cartons in half and make up 6 packs, priority for eggs, fresh milk is families first, then others.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 30 July 2024 3:56:01 PM
<<There are millions of people as economically illiterate as you.>>

mhaze, you could actually focus on the issues at hand. For example with pharmacies consider the following.

The Australian Financial Review and also the ABC highlight issues with the Pharmacy Guild in Australia. They are a corrupt organisation. For me the guild has political parties wrapped around their tight little finger and cares not one iota about the general public. They are nothing more than a retail outlet. When you read what's involved you're appalled.

http://www.afr.com/policy/health-and-education/another-win-for-the-monopolists-20240225-p5f7o4

This article although from 2019 highlights "According to the Australian Electoral Commission, it (pharmacy guild) made more than $220,000 worth of donations in 2017-18 — including to both major parties."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-20/pharmacy-guild-lobby-wields-great-political-power/11217028

I wish the pharmacy guild were putting that money towards lower prices rather than trying to buy out political parties in terms of policy. It's all so shocking - and yet they are getting away with this type of activity. I've had to pay over $40 each for a number of my prescriptions.

In terms of food prices and items at supermarkets, the large stores are making a fortune, regardless of previous COVID-19 restrictions and let's not forget farmers paid a load of rubbish for their products by the supermarkets also.

http://www.9news.com.au/finance/supermarket-coles-woolworths-profits-consumer-expense-inflation-interest-rates/178f1e88-2206-40ac-b288-714342877d52

I'll continue my points to yourself and others in another post on this topic.
Posted by NathanJ, Tuesday, 30 July 2024 7:36:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All