The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Jillian Segal - Envoy For Anti-Semitism.

Jillian Segal - Envoy For Anti-Semitism.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Jillian Segal has been appointed by the Albanese
Government as an "envoy for antisemitism."

She has criticized ceasefire calls in Gaza and has defended
the bombing of hospitals. Does her strong stance on issues --
make her appointment questionable?

Do we really need an "envoy for antisemitism"?

What about an "envoy for Islamophobia" ?

And who would the Government choose for that position?
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 10 July 2024 3:57:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

I think that I once already told the Jewish story about the wise men of Chelm and the snow over these pages, but let me quote it again:

"Every time it snowed, the people would complain that, although the snow was beautiful, they could not see it in its pristine state because by the time they got up in the morning, the shammes (synagogue clerk) had already trekked through the snow [to call the people for the morning prayer]. The townspeople decided that they had to find a way to be woken up for minyan (prayer quorum) without having the shammes making tracks in the snow.
The people of Chelm hit on a solution: they got four volunteers to carry the shammes around on a table when there was fresh snow in the morning. That way, the shammes could make his wake up calls, but he would not leave tracks in the snow"
(from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wise_Men_of_Chelm)

- Likewise, an envoy for antisemitism would only be creating more antisemitism. Nevertheless, that office would help government to claim as if it acts adamantly against antisemitism...
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 11 July 2024 12:48:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Do you think Biden is running the show?

All the Jews Biden has tapped for top roles in his new administration
http://www.timesofisrael.com/all-the-jews-biden-has-tapped-for-top-roles-in-his-new-administration/

'I am a Zionist': How Joe Biden's lifelong bond with Israel shapes war policy
http://www.reuters.com/world/us/i-am-zionist-how-joe-bidens-lifelong-bond-with-israel-shapes-war-policy-2023-10-21/

They know that what they're doing right now, what they are continuing to do - facilitating the murder of thousands of women and kids, will result in innocent Jews facing the worst antisemitism ever.

This is damage control by your masters who wish to continue the genocide.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 11 July 2024 7:14:39 AM
Hi Foxy,

I see it as sop to the politically powerful Australian Jewish community. An attempt to deflect criticism that the Labor government is pro Palestinian, which it defiantly is not. In light of what Segal has said, I consider her a Zionist, first and foremost. An "envoy for Islamophobia", don't agree with that either, if there must be one how about the government appoint Jillian Segal to that position as well, now that would make the Zionist happy.

I can't understand how so many people are dismissive of the deaths of 40,000 innocent men, women and children in Gaza at the hands of the Zionists. Just as modern day Nazi's are dismissive of the deaths of 6,000,000 innocent people, murdered by those of their ilk 80 years ago, cries of denial and "just get over it!", make me sick.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 11 July 2024 8:17:56 AM
I'm not sure that having envoys is a bad thing. I believe
in at least trying to build bridges instead of walls.
And if both the Jewish communities and the Muslim
communities here in Australia could develop dialogues
perhaps their influences just may spread.

At least it's worth a try?

The anti- feelings in both the Jewish and Muslim communities
are very strong at present. Each blaming the other. Getting
them to communicate could be a step in the right direction
and perhaps create a better understanding all round.

Doing nothing should not be an option - because it only makes
things worse - if things continue as they are .
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 11 July 2024 9:29:27 AM
This soon to be proven useless woman just had to add a meaningless-to-her ‘job’ (if you could call it a job) ‘acknowledgement of country’ to show how wonderfully virtuous she is.

All she will do is hoover up more taxpayer money, and enjoy a trip to Argentina on the taxpayer.

Will she:

. Condemn the anti-Semitism tolerated by the bloke who has given her the job
. Condemn the universities who have permitted anti-Semitic riots on campuses
. Condemn the anti-Israel policies and actions of Australia's Foreign Minister
. Call for the arrest and deportation of hate-preaching Mullahs against the law

No. Ms. Segal will just be another useless addition to Australia's burgeoning, hideously expensive public swamp (there is no public “service”).

As for adding another ‘envoy’ for “Islamophobia”, that would be even more ridiculous. There is no equivalent to anti-Semitism: no demonstrations, no hate speech against Muslims from the pulpit.

A similar unnecessary post for Muslims could only advantage Albanese, who is shaking in his shoes that the Muslim vote might put him into minority government, having to rely on the Greens, that other bunch of anti-Semites who won't be mentioned by Segal either.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 11 July 2024 10:05:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy