The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does Nuclear Power have A Future In Australia?

Does Nuclear Power have A Future In Australia?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18
  13. ...
  14. 21
  15. 22
  16. 23
  17. All
Indyvidual,

I'd imagine that the indoctrinated are following their cult leader and learning about the evil nuclear power from the history of the Simpsons. The Heinrich Böll Foundation would give them some tips as well:

https://www.ege.fr/sites/ege.fr/files/media_files/German_Interference_Political_Foundations.pdf

I wonder if the Chinese are giving things a nudge.
Posted by Fester, Saturday, 22 June 2024 9:53:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy, I asked a couple of questions and was hoping for a response.
Your comment is correct that solar panels provide the cheapest electricity.
That is true at the terminals of the panels but the
further you get from the panels the higher the costs go.
I am not sure that wind turbines produce the cheapest electricity.

I do not think you understand what is required to get wind farms and
solar farms and batteries and transmission lines all connected
together in areas remote from each other, then talking to a central
marketing computer, all at the same time adjusting for changing
outputs because of clouds or windspeed changes while trying to shuffle
around different states requests for different amounts of power.

All that was possible for coal & gas stations and could be scheduled.
It is almost impossible for W/S/Bat.
There is feature of all this sort of stuff, that the more complex it
becomes the cost rises exponentially.
I suspect that is what has happened to the governments scheme.
Please I would like to hear your comments.
Posted by Bezza, Saturday, 22 June 2024 11:06:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What the Dutton mob need to do is present a detailed energy plan to the Australian people, with real cost estimates etc included. With a majority of opinion from research and stake holders opposed to an Australian nuclear power industry, the Noalition need to present something more substantive for debate than the "thought bubble" they are peddling at the moment.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 23 June 2024 6:12:47 AM
What the Dutton mob need to do is present a detailed energy plan to the Australian people,
Paul1405,
Detailed you say ? There's more than ample detail & evidence in just the mentioning of nuclear power.
It's your lot who don't have an iota of evidence as to how renewables will work. Nuclear is working now, renewables aren't !
Posted by Indyvidual, Sunday, 23 June 2024 7:23:43 AM

Dear Paul1405,

Nature supplies us, free of charge, with an excellent source of light and heat, no strings attached, as much as we like, unlimited supply. What more could we ask ? It meets our essential needs. It not only allows us to survive, but to thrive and prosper Same goes for all the animals of this world, and plants as well.

We, 8 billion human beings, complete that source of heat and light by artificially producing about 13 terawatts (1 terawatt = one trillion watts) of energy which is only 0.01% of the 120,000 terawatts of energy delivered by the sun to the surface of the earth.

If we manage to harness a fraction of that solar energy we’ll solve the problem.

It might take another thousand years or so, but if we succeed, it will see us through for the next 500 million years when it is estimated extreme climatic conditions will render the Earth uninhabitable.

The sooner we learn to harness solar energy the better. In the meantime, we have to make do with various expedients : wind, water, nuclear, and whatever else we can come up with that does not degrade the ecosystem beyond repair.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Sunday, 23 June 2024 8:12:57 AM
Experts? I'm sure that the beneficiaries of hundreds of billions in sales and subsidies are employing a heap of experts to tell us how wonderful wind and solar are and what a disaster nuclear would be. The fate of koalas, environment, farmers and the economic welfare of Australians means naught when there's a buck to be made.

And cheaper wind energy? Yes apparently, but the cost cutting is reducing the service life according to this article:

https://stopthesethings.com/2024/06/14/propaganda-overload-offshore-wind-industrys-costs-claims-hit-peak-delusion/comment-page-1/

Stop the con!
Posted by Fester, Sunday, 23 June 2024 8:26:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18