The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does Nuclear Power have A Future In Australia?

Does Nuclear Power have A Future In Australia?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. Page 22
  10. 23
  11. All
Australia needs nuclear fission power now but it appears that there have been some advances in fusion over the last fifteen years. Fusion looks like becoming a reality in the next fifteen years. I'm not sure I trust the scientific community to act in the best interests of the public. The scientific community appears to have become infiltrated by Marxist influences.
Posted by Canem Malum, Tuesday, 2 July 2024 6:06:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Our communities are infiltrated by all sorts of
influences .

Of course we should be aware that
on issues which require radical solutions that
are likely to harm vested economic interests and
political interests - new ideas instead of being
welcomed for the opportunities they open up for
the improvement of the human lot will continue to be
seen as threats to those who are comfortable in their
ideologies.

However, we need to also remember that in Australia in
2024 leading scientists with this country's pre-eminent
public research organisation, CSIRO, and other experts,
are publicly discussing the energy issues.

Australia is a standout country in terms of human
development status. It is not corrupt. It's science is
world class. And this does matter.

This doesn't appear that it's about to change any timke
soon.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 2 July 2024 9:36:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Personally, I'm sure that a perfect solution will be
found that will suit our country. E Each country has
to make the decisions that are right for them. Each
country is different. We must do what is right
for us - and hopefully keep politics out of the
issue.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 2 July 2024 9:40:43 AM
"there have been some advances in fusion" has there, and what are they? Man went to the Moon in 1969, that can been interpreted as advances in intergalactic transportation, same difference.

Nuclear fission, energy from fusion is still at the experimental stage. It is more difficult to put into practice because of the need to meet extreme conditions of pressure and temperature.
The process is equivalent to the nuclear reaction which takes place at the core of stars, like our Sun, thus requiring a temperature of hundreds of millions of degrees.

"Australia needs nuclear fission power now" Just get Dud Dutton and his mob of dills onto the job. They might pop down to Bunnings and pick up a half a dozen nuclear power stations, they'll find them in aisle 56 next to the intergalactic transporters.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 2 July 2024 10:10:32 AM
Hi Paul,

I needed a good laugh this morning.

Thank You.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 2 July 2024 10:57:42 AM
Canem Malum,

YOUR mission, should you choose it, is to join the Wacko Nuclear Fusion Party, journeying to the centre of the SUN to pick up a sh!t load of Fusion Stuff to save planet Earth from the lights going out, and the telly not working! Under the Command of Captain Dud, YOU and the motley crew of Noalition Want-A-Be's aboard the very first Noalition Party nuclear powered rocket ship, the 'Pig Iron Bob' will make the perilous journey to the SUN. Presently the 'Pig Iron Bob' is located on the launch pad in Pete's backyard. Bon Voyage and all that guff, I'll be supporting You from the safety of the Command Centre, aka my back tool shed here on planet Earth!

p/s I hear you say "BUT, we'll all burn up!" No way my friend, Mission Control, that's me, has thought of that very possibility, and have solved the problem, you will be travelling at night! Besides you'll be issued with an asbestos suit for protection from the heat! What else do you need?
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 2 July 2024 5:12:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. Page 22
  10. 23
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy