The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does Nuclear Power have A Future In Australia?

Does Nuclear Power have A Future In Australia?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20
  13. 21
  14. 22
  15. 23
  16. All
"the horrors of the Australian Labor Government?"

Political Editor for The Australian Financial Review
Phillip Coorey writes that things are difficult for
the government at the moment. That the wheels haven't
fallen off for Labor yet, but things are sticky.

However we're told that Labor can console itself with
the observation that no one is going to vote for
Dutton. He's unelectable.

He's the Voldemort, and Australian voters are above
all that.

Interesting times ahead.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 23 June 2024 1:03:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Talking of Albanese's animals and other school aged things, economist and political commentator, Judith Sloan, has said that Peter Dutton deserves an elephant stamp.

“The Coalition has now effectively disowned the (2030) target”.

And the Paris agreement is not legally binding (see China), so what used to be the Morrison Coalition's, and still is the goal of the child, Albanese, was and still is, empty virtue signalling in case (sob) someone put a trade embargo on us.

Most countries never legalised the nonsense, and some of them have actually increased their emissions of life giving carbon dioxide, thankfully for crops and forests all over the globe.

The UK is one exception, thanks to the weird Theresa May, but her party is about to be tossed out by a Labour Party that believes in nuclear power to ease the burden of the population.

The MSM - none of what is done is any of its business - has jumped in to say that's the end of the Liberal's chances of regaining Teal seats.

Maybe. But it's not the Teal seats that a successful Coalition will be interested if they concentrate on outer suburbs, rural and the Labor seats now being threatened by Mad Man Bowen's massive, ugly and unreliable windmills,

The “rent-seeking” business community doesn't like Dutton’s announcement; but they are chock-block-up Labor anyway. So, who cares!

Renewables have now clearly demonstrated that they can't fulfil the wild claims of their highly imaginative champions. Nuclear has, and continues to, prove itself all over the world.

“The bottom line is that Australia’s current emissions target already looks like a bust and most people who follow these things know this”.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 23 June 2024 1:53:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Correct Foxy, and you are undeniably a role model for treating others with respect on this forum.

Voldemort. That must have been quite a brainstorming session. At least Albo has stopped watching cartoons. Back in the world of grown ups Adi Paterson has pointed out that a hail storm in the Sydney Basin could wipe out half a gigawatt of solar panels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ9EqO_XGVs

Maybe Albo could consult with the Russians and design some cope cages for them?
Posted by Fester, Sunday, 23 June 2024 5:02:14 PM
Fester,

The difference is I don't attack them personally. Only
the BS they spout. Which is part and parcel of a
discussion forum.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 23 June 2024 5:31:58 PM
But I know, I know.
I stand up for myself.
I'm such a bad person.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 23 June 2024 5:34:02 PM
Wind & Solar are more polluting than coal. Anyone not seeing that needs their head read !
Posted by Indyvidual, Sunday, 23 June 2024 8:08:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20