The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Dad has passed away

Dad has passed away

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I'd just like to acknowledge the death of my father Graham Downing.
I know dad served in Vietnam. He did not speak of it. It left a mark on who he was as a husband, a father and a grandfather.
I'd just like to say, I know he did his best and even though he could not be open about it, I need him to know it's okay.
I could never talk about it with him, as was his choice, but I acknowledge here and now. Dad, I love you and I'm sorry this took so much from you.
I'm sorry if this is not the space but I needed somewhere to speak.
I've struggled all my life with depression and anxiety and dad's anxiety was bad in the last part of his life.
May he now be at peace.
Posted by Basso70, Tuesday, 26 March 2024 11:06:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Basso70,

I am so sorry for your loss. I can understand the
emptiness that you dad's passing has left in your
life. My mum passed away some time ago, but
it seems like only yesterday. May your dad's
legacy live on in your heart and memories.

May his spirit give you strength during this
difficult time.

Eternal Rest grant to him Oh Lord
May perpetual light shine on him
May he Rest In Peace.
Amen.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 26 March 2024 1:51:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Who was Graham Downing?
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 26 March 2024 4:30:53 PM
I think this post is cryptic.

OLO readers are not meant to make sense of it; unless that is, the author stumps up with an explanation.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 26 March 2024 8:25:23 PM
Well, it's daft.

In the past, family or friends of a deceased poster have taken the trouble to let us know. But no poster by that name ever posted here,

People seem to be getting crazier.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 26 March 2024 10:11:24 PM
ttbn,

I agree, this person has gone to the trouble of setting up an account here, and posted thus. I only know of one regular poster who is a Vietnam War vet and I wont name him as it may not be him. Who is "Graham Downing" did he ever post on here, strange topic but approved by the man who runs everything.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 27 March 2024 5:29:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy