The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Electricity Overload

Electricity Overload

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
Hi Fester,

As a Green, I'm not adverse to nuclear energy per-se, but its certainly not a panacea to the problem of energy provision, I do think it can play a very important part. I also realise fossil fuels have a limited future life, but also will be a vital energy component for some time to come, they are needed to facilitate a transition to renewable's. Its not going to be painless, and its going to involve substantial costs, that's the reality. I liken this to the development of the motor car, the first cars were unreliable and expensive, some developments were dead end failures, some people said; "They'll never replace the horse and cart!" Well, over time, with ingenuity cars got cheaper and more reliable, to the point where we can't do without them today. There is a line of progression that all new developments must go through, renewable's are no different.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 25 November 2023 7:29:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Albanese Australia seems to be the only country too stupid to learn from other countries who have been-there-done-that and discoverered what a crock unreliable, massively subsidised wind and solar has turned out to be.

Electric cars have hit the ropes, too. The Albanese government, and the Opposition, are both too arrogant and pig-headed to admit that they were wrong and start repairing the horrendous damage they have done to the country. And we have no intelligent, patriotic politicians to replace the self-serving duopoly.

Australian's apathy and lack of interest in their own futures has finally bitten them on the arses, where they keep their brains.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 25 November 2023 7:40:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Australian apathy and ‘she’ll be right’ attitudes have brought about:-

. the threat of censorship of free speech, but not for politicians and government departments

. extreme political reactions to Covid and the lack of a proper enquiry

. elimination of merit-based achievement under the ESG schemes infecting institutions and corporations

. attacks on the family by the LGBT activist movement culminating in programs to transition kids

. Net Zero policies designed to create scarcity and increased cost of living

. open borders, unfettered immigration

.multiculturalism diluting our own Anglo-European culture.

. globalist trade policies

. rumours of handing over health/pandemic policies to WHO

. the really pathetic intention to have TV manufacturers put smart TV apps in Albanese order

. constant hinting and nudging by the UN, WHO, WEF that countries should surrender sovereignty to them.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 25 November 2023 7:46:58 AM
 An Australian ‘Social Cohesion Survey’ shows that a strong sense of belonging to Australia has dropped from 67% in 2007 to 48% in 2023.

In 2007, 58% of Australians felt  a great pride in the Australian way of life. In 2023, this pride is down 33%. 

Albanese is presiding over the tribalisation of society, accelerating the rise of identity politics. 
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 25 November 2023 7:49:51 AM
How can you not love a country where a boy who lived
with his single mother on a disability pension in
public housing grew up into a man occupying the
highest office in the land.

A leader who states:

"I want every parent to be able to tell their child no
matter where you live or where you come from in Australia
the doors of opportunity are open to us all."

A leader whose agenda is to be a more concilliatory and
cooperative leader than those in the past.

In politics my stance has always been to support the party
whose policies make sense to me. Whose leaders are worthy
of the job they hold. And I've always voted for a party
that I believed made our country a place where people could
see their dreams fulfilled.

I believe that there are many, many, more people who think
that way in this country.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 25 November 2023 8:52:41 AM
According to the newly released Australian Cohesion
Index 2023, there are positive trends emerging in
health and well being of Australians.

The report found that young adults and financially
challenged experienced the biggest decline in
belonging from 2008 to 2023. However, overall
Australians felt a high level of trust in their
fellow citizens, suggesting a very strong sense of
community.

We're told that - pleasingly, recognition and
support for diversity and multiculturalism is
growing, enhancing the social fabric of our nation.

We can only hope that this will continue.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 25 November 2023 9:20:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11