The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Electricity Overload

Electricity Overload

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
The intention of the Albanese government is to give people the impression that making renewable energy cheaper is simply an administrative matter. It is not. The problem with renewables is they are intrinsically expensive and unreliable, perhaps even an impossible means of replacing fossil fuels or nuclear energy.
Posted by Fester, Friday, 24 November 2023 12:41:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fester,

Every new innovation starts out being expensive.
But with time decreases in price. Maintaining
the old worn out power stations is even more
expensive. And the future is with renewables.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 24 November 2023 1:18:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

Repeating the renewable energy chant of your cult party won't make the impossible happen, nor will it mitigate the disaster from pursuing it. Things are guaranteed to get much worse the more Labor pursues the renewable energy fantasy.
Posted by Fester, Friday, 24 November 2023 5:24:35 PM
Fester,

There's quite a few countries that are pursuing renewable
energy. The UK, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden,
Iceland, Germany, to name just a few.

Your reference to "my cult party?"

That took me by surprise. All you need is a charismatic
leader, and you've got a cult.

Anyhoo, There's always been a cult of ignorance winding
through our political and cultural life nurtured by
the false notion that democracy means that someone's knowledge
is just as good as someone else's ignorance.

You're welcome.

Posted by Foxy, Friday, 24 November 2023 6:36:03 PM
Fester, you are only demeaning yourself by claiming Foxy is being led by some "cult party" with her opinions. Nothing more than disingenuous smug pretentiousness on your part. You may be the one following a "cult party" with a political agenda that sucks the ill-informed in hook, line and sinker! The energy mix is changing rapidly, but one thing is certain, the days of fossil fuels are numbered, and change will come, regardless of what the naysayers with little knowledge pontificate!
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 24 November 2023 11:29:12 PM
Hi Paul,

There is no shortage of evidence demonstrating that renewables are very unreliable and expensive compared with nuclear power or fossil fuels. My criticism of Foxy is that she simply parrots the Labor party line, whatever it might be. I saw that amply demonstrated with the voice. I don't care less what people think or believe, but I think it disingenuous to present yourself as an independent thinker when your opinions never seem to be at variance with cult leader Albo.

Note that with renewable energy, the strategy of Labor currently is to stress the urgency of climate change, suggest that renewable energy is a developing technology with great potential for technical and cost improvements, and avoid discussion of renewable energy's fundamental problems. There is also a strong effort to make costs and subsidies as obscure as possible.
Posted by Fester, Saturday, 25 November 2023 5:37:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All